Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Birth of Heaven

Taro, the leader of the Hyrosanryu group of ninjas, tells his story about a little girl who he considers the Heaven on this Earth.

Chapter 1 - Birth of Heaven

Chapter 1 - Birth of Heaven


1 Birth of Heaven



The eleven year-old Taro was running quickly, in search of his next obligation. He frowned, he needed to get to Renjiro Kazuo, and fast. The Leader had a very urgent message for him to deliver. Dodging stealthily past the halls, he halted to a stop when he saw them.

He then noticed the room that they recently vacated. There were some people about, all of them standing before the front door. He noticed Renjiro in the middle, with two men and a woman who was smiling immensely. He straightened and cleared his throat.

One of the men turned to him, "Yes?"

He could now clearly notice Kazuo Renjiro. He was holding a bundle enclosed in sheets, and his eyes, a deep green that was usually so intense, were at the moment gentle as he tenderly held the object closer. He had a smile on his face, and the way he carried the bundle was so affectionate, it was as if it was the most precious thing in the world. It was a striking picture, a man made soft and sentimental by a little something, his face alighted a kind glow by the candles. Taro was almost distracted by the warmth in his features.

"A call for Renjiro-san from the Leader, sir. It is of very high priority."

The man nodded and turned to Renjiro, "Kazuo, an important message for you." The woman bowed and entered into the room they were standing in front of.

The man immediately looked concerned as he approached Taro, but he still hadn't released the object in his hands. That was when Taro noticed a face peeking from underneath. A baby... Renjiro-san's baby. He was shocked, but he didn't show anything of that sort.

He cleared his throat and said in a concise manner, "Yes, sir. The Leader seeks to speak with you as soon as possible about the operation to be held at Edo tonight."

A serious, yet hesitant look flashed across Renjiro's face. "I understand. Come now, Yamaguchi, we must not waste time." The other two men nodded as he continued. "Thank you, young man. We better leave. If you would be so kind as to bring her inside and tell her mother about this."

Taro looked confused, until Renjiro gingerly placed his baby in his hands. "I hesitate leaving her, but please take care of her."

He only had a second to nod, too startled, before Renjiro-san left with the others. When they were gone, he nervously looked at the baby in his arms.

And then his breath was taken away.

Azure eyes stared widely at him from underneath the sheets. Eyes that were too bright, and not entirely blue... they had a different shade, a unique one that seemed to shine blue-green instead. Her eyes reminded him of the river.

And then the child's face broke into a grin. She just stared at him, as he clumsily moved her closer to examine her. And then there was silence, with only the soft sounds from her curious mouth interrupting every now and then.

"Your eyes are so innocent," he whispered finally. He was reminded of the bitter events in his life that caused him to grow and get accustomed to battles so quickly. Yet all those times, never had he once seen such boundless purity. And it was found in her small eyes. "You trust everyone, and you are vulnerable. Renjiro-san would have a hard time wanting you to be protected, especially when he is not around."

The baby blinked at him. Despite the agitation he felt about holding a child for the first time in his life just a few seconds earlier, grudging, too quick affection surged within him. It was unexplainable. All of his thoughts were centered on her eyes, those that looked up at him adoringly - never had he been looked at that way before. 'Like a river... or an endless ocean, with so many sparkles -- stars reflect you.'

"You are so rare, tiny blue-green eyed chan. I'm going to have to protect you for a little while. Trust me." He found himself whispering. Oh, he was so like a child again at the moment, left defenseless from the charms of an infant.

And without another word, he knocked on the sliding door, all the while watching with childish fascination the various ways she moved, or how her hands tried to raise, or how she would slightly smile...

Then the door opened, and the woman he had earlier seen was surprised to see him. "Oh, Mika-chan!" she exclaimed, glancing at Taro. Mika, chastity... fidelity, how fitting. "Thank you very much. Let me take her to her mother. Come in."

And Mika was taken from his arms. He soon realized that he didn't want to let her go. But the baby wasn't his, and it seemed just as eager to be in her mother's arms again.

So he followed her inside.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment