Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Lady

I love it so much

Chapter 1 - The Lady

Chapter 1 - The Lady
The Lady

----------

She looks out at the grounds, which sprawl out from the Palace she now lives in, and the city that spreads out before her, beyond the Palace walls. Once, she had been so terrified of the mere idea of being here, much less calling it her home. But, she was resigned to her fate.

The Fire Lord had come to take her. She was ripped away from the people she knew and loved and the place she had called home, spirited away to a place she had never seen but had heard so much about.

He had ignored her pleas to be reunited with her brother and the Avatar and all that she knew. He had taken her innocence with a passion that burned so intensely that she had been forever marked by it.

In the darkness and the flame, Katara of the Water Tribe died.

It had taken a while to get used to it all… the heat, the people, the customs, the differentness of it all. It was a world completely different from the one she had been taken from. She had feared for her safety, and sanity. But her captor showed her that she did not have to fear for either one.

She now belonged to one of the most powerful and feared men in the world. He commanded an entire nation, the most powerful nation in the world and there was no one that could ever defeat him, for his power ran much deeper than the eye could see, power divine.

It is a power that envelops her, and binds her to him. His love for her was and still is dark and possessive…but it is genuine love nonetheless.

She has changed…she has grown…she has fully blossomed. Maturity and wisdom shine from her eyes and her step is a lot surer than when she had been an innocent maiden. She stands tall and regal as she looks out at her home, a cool night breeze on her face, a reprieve from a warm day, a warm day that would have been impossible in the cold climes that she had been born from.

Katara – Lady of the Fire Nation, consort of the Fire Lord. That is what she is now. Not Katara of the Water Tribe…that other life seems like a dream now.

She feels a hand on her shoulder, a kiss on her cheek and looks up, seeing twin pools of fire in the darkness.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment