Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - the deadly encounter

a girl runs away from her abusing father and tries to find her place in the world and forget the past (includes an itsey bit of swearing) i kinda based Emily off of me but I am way wilder! :D I do not own anything about Xiaolin Showdown and I am not

Chapter 5 - the deadly encounter

Chapter 5 - the deadly encounter
Chapter 5

Emily walked on. She eventually came to the edge of the woods. She now stood there looking at a lake.

``What day is it? No, this can't be the lake he comes to. It can't be..'' She thought frantically. She looked around. She saw a man sitting on a dock holding up his line and baiting it. She recognized him. She walked quickly to the other side of the damp sandy beach. ``He doesn't notice me. He doesn't recognize me'' Emily told herself. But the man looked up. And he did indeed notice her. He dropped his bait and started walking, fists clenched, in her direction. She tried walking faster but he was much older and bigger than her, he caught up easily.

She turned to face him. He took of his cap revealing his face. ``No..'' Emily whispered.


Without warning he grabbed for her. Emily ran as fast as she could into town. Past the smiling people, past the little shops with the pretty window displays. She ran into an empty field and lay flat, hoping the tall grass would hide her. Unfortunately it didn't. He grabbed her arm roughly and dragged her. She tried frantically to escape his grasp, but he was too strong.

He dragged her for what seemed all day because as he reached their destination the sun was starting to set and Emily was so exhausted she couldn't even yell for help. He led her to a crevice and at the bottom, a rapid river. ``You always liked swimming.'' He said sarcastically, smirking at her panting on the ground.

``This is your punishment.'' He said coldly, throwing her aside. ``You.. you.. Killed her..'' Emily said, between breaths. ``Shut up! Wench!'' The man, who was Emily's step father, screamed in rage kicking her stomach.

He grabbed Emily's long dark brown hair and pulled her head up so her Big dark brown eyes met his icy gray ones. ``How about you go for a swim?'' He asked nastily. He dragged her to the edge of the crevice and forced her head down. ``Me.., Or the water.'' Her step father said. ``I'd rather die!'' Emily yelled tears rimming the bottom of her eyes as she tried to hold them in.

``Fine.'' Her step father said grabbing her shoulders and lifting her over the edge. ``Too bad you don't know how to swim.'' And he let go.

She closed her eyes and waited for the splash…






But it didn't come. Instead she heard an unfamiliar whirring noise. She opened her eyes and saw she was actually going upward. She looked up and saw the boy, Jack, from earlier. His arm was wrapped around her waist and hey were flying to safety on a little helicopter type object coming from a device that resembled a backpack that was strapped onto his back.

``Damn!'' her step father cursed loudly, falling to his knees and pounding the ground.





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment