Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Brach's Plan.

With everyone she loves gone in a fire, Amile decides to get revenge on the one who started it - The King.
Accompanied by Brach, one of the few other survivors, Amile sets out on a journey - of danger, mystique - and a very real possibility of love.

Chapter 8 - Brach's Plan.

Chapter 8 - Brach's Plan.
I looked sideways at Sensa.
“When should we leave?”
“As soon as we possibly can.”
I nodded, pausing in my doorway to survey the room.
“Amile?” Brach hovered behind me.
“Sorry.” I moved aside to let him through.
I hadn’t accumulated many personal things, so they would all fit into the one bag. I went in, kneeling on the floor to get the bag out from under the bed. Noting that Apiia had doubled her size again, I moved around the room, collecting my things. I was back in the main room in a matter of minutes, Apiia trotting at my side, now too big to be carried. Sensa had beaten me there, and was hoisting the strap of her bag over her head.
“hey, Sensa?”
“Yeah?” Sensa looked up from fussing with her bag, her hair falling into her eyes.
“Why is Apiia growing like she is? Is it normal?”
Sensa brushed her hair out of her eyes carelessly. “She is completely normal. Dragons grow at a faster rate than humans, that’s all. She’ll reach her full size soon, I would think.”
“Thanks.” Sensa’s words had reassured me.
Brach emerged. “I’ve been thinking.”
I resisted the urge to say something sarcastic. “yeah?”
“well, when you helped Malidan, he said to call if you needed him right?”
“Yeah.” I drew the word out slightly, already suspicious.
“Well, if he owes you a favour, we could ride to Divoil on Malidan’s back!” Brach announced with a hint of triumph.
“Would he let us?” Sensa thought aloud, “We couldn’t let anyone see him. Or Apiia.”
“Were going to defeat Amyras from Dragon Back!” Brach started doing a victory jig.
“WAIT!” I yelled over the noise. “Hold on.”
“What?” Brach had stopped, and now had an impatient look on his face.
“we still have to ask him. He may not even let us.”
Brach looked at me like I might be stupid. “then go ask him.”
“come on then.” I motioned for Brach and Sensa to follow me. It didn’t take long for us to get to where I had talked to Malidan before.
“Malidan!” I called, starting to feel bad for thinking of even asking him this.
He flew down. “Yes?”
“Uum… you said that if I wanted help traveling to Amyras, to ask right?”
“Mmm?”
“Well, we were wondering if you would fly us there.” I said in a rush.
Malidan rose what would have been an eyebrow at me.
“We also want your help to fight Amyras.” I admitted.
“Ah.” Malidan thought it over, but without showing any sign of doing so.
“Please? You said you’d help.” I pleaded.
He turned his head and eyed me. “I told you I would help you. I wanted to make you wait before I told you.”
“So you’ll fly us there?”
“The three of you?”
“And Apiia.”
“Actually,” Sensa spoke up cautiously “Apiia should be able to fly in a day or two.”
“Perfect!”
“Do you have everything that you would like to take?”
I looked around at Brach and Sensa. They nodded. I turned back to Malidan.
“Yes.”
“Then climb on.” Malidan crouched down so that we could. I settled myself between his shoulder blades, legs dangling. Both Sensa and Brach had to sit between the wing joints, cross-legged. We had to work the sitting around the rather large spikes on Malidans’ back and neck.
“Are you ready yet?” He growled once we had stopped moving around.
“Yeah.”
“Hold on.” Malidan leaned back on his haunches before taking off.
“Malidan!” I screamed, to be heard over the wind.
“What?” he roared back.
“Go down!”
Malidan landed back in the forest and I scrambled off his back.
“Why did you have me do that?” Malidan asked impatiently.
“Because we can’t let anyone see you. You’re our secret weapon.”
“Then how are we going to get there?” Malidan said condescendingly.
“You’ll have to fly at night.” A thought struck me. “Can you do that? Fly at night, I mean.”
“Yes, I can. It’ll still take at least two weeks to get there.”
“We don’t mind.”
“Very well.” Malidan said, twisting his neck around so that he could watch Brach and Sensa climb off him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment