Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - 2

These two girls are sisters - and enemies. When Kara does something naughty she is sent packing.

Chapter 2 - 2

Chapter 2 - 2


Part Two



As soon as she heard the mail pouring through the letterbox, Kara tore her eyes away from Lindsay for a second and ran to fetch the post, ripping her head through the air and tossing her tears to the floor. Her small denim dress swayed as she pelted through the kitchen; through the dining room; through the lounge. Her body was nothing more than a blur of the colours of the rainbow from her multicoloured tights and her bright red face from crying. She knew she had done something that she shouldn't have done. She knew she had done something dangerous. And she was afraid of herself because of it. How could she have hurt Lindsay like that? It wasn't exactly like she was magic or anything, was it? Was it?



The hallway was bathed in crimson light from the rising sun as she entered it, her head spinning from the thousand and one twisted thoughts pacing around in it. She knelt down on the hard, cold floor, listening to Oliver's frantic yelps and whines, gathering up the envelopes in one hands and tidying up the 'welcome' mat with the other. More carnage from the house party, she assumed. The mail was just the same as usual: bills, letters from granny, newspaper, adverts. However, as she stood up once more and let Oliver out of the basement, her small hand brushed past something different. It felt like parchment, and, she realised as she moved it in front of her eyes, it was addressed to her!



"What the-" she gasped quietly, studying the ink by which her name was written; almost the same colour of her eyes and just as dangerous. Dangerous in the sense that she had no idea what it was, and she was too curious. Much too curious. After all, curiosity killed the cat. Who, and more in importantly why, would somebody write to her? With trembling hands she let go of the door knob to the basement, allowing the heavy door to miss Oliver's tail by a hair, and quickly turned the envelope over, ripping the top open. Her round eyes scanned the page and she caught certain words such as 'magic', 'evil', and 'darkness'. The emblem at the top was of two blackened serpents entwined, a fire blazing behind them. And she had no idea what it was. All she could see were a few black ink splurges; a mass of italic, untidy writing; a swirling signature at the bottom.



Before she had a chance to read the actual letter, however, there was a small groan from nearby and Lindsay staggered through the wrecked lounge and over to Kara. Her hair was stuck up on end and yet the deep cut on her chin seemed to have ceased bleeding and repaired itself, complete with neat stitches. Her mouth was frothing a little at the corners and her eyes were looking directly upwards. Kara followed her gaze with glazed eyes. There was not a thing there. She returned her troubled eyes to Lindsay's face and sighed. This was going to take a lot of explaining; an explanation, though, that she herself did not know.



"Lindsay, are you ok now?" asked Kara softly, shaking Lindsay's shoulder calmly. She nodded, sucking the froth into her mouth like a milkshake. Kara winced. That couldn't taste nice. Although, whether it tasted nice or not, Lindsay appeared to enjoy it, as she stopped looking upwards and focused on Kara, attempting to wipe away the dried blood with a confused expression. Oh no; thought Kara anxiously; she's awake again. And obviously on the war path.



"What...?" she mumbled, gawking at Kara, who shushed her immediately. Something that Lindsay usually hated. Something that Lindsay still hated. Something that Lindsay was going to shout at her about, if she could find the strength. Kara put one finger to her mouth as Lindsay moaned, and Lindsay's eyebrows knitted together furiously. Kara backed away slowly, realizing at last that even if her older sister was injured or maybe even in a state beyond awakening again, she was still dangerous and damn scary. Lindsay found her firm, angry voice at last. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME, YOU LITTLE TWERP?" she roared, fixing herself in an upright position and spraying lumps of spittle everywhere.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment