Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Rescue

A random story about me (yess!) and the Titans. It's a sort of replay of the Brotherhood of Evil stuff. Read only if you like random stuff.

Chapter 3 - The Rescue

Chapter 3 - The Rescue

Chapter three 

My face rubs against the scratchy material of the sack. It hurts, but I bite my lip and brave it. I can hear noises outside again, but it's so difficult to make out what they are. Voices, I think. Shouting.

I am suddenly lifted up into the air and start moving backwards. I have an idea. I struggle round until my captor is forced to let go. I topple to the ground, twisting my ankle in the process. I can't bother about that now, though. I back up against a wall, teasing the knot around the bag with my fingers.

It's given way! I tear the bag off my head, and see what is happening in front of me. I can't see properly, though. There's dust in my eyes. I rub them in a vain attempt to get them clear. I catch glimpses of the scene around me. I retreat into a dark corner, cuddling up behind some boxes. I listen to the various noises coming from nearby.  Then the noise stops, and it's all quiet.

 

Too quiet.

 

I take a daring look around the boxes. I see people, but facing away from me. From what I can see, they look vaguely familier...

Uh oh.

One has seen me.

I move quickly back behind the boxes, my heart pounding. Maybe I should just run for it. No, I can't. I hear footsteps crunching on the frosty paving stones. (A/N: Did I mention it was Winter? Well, it is.) cautious voices coming closer and closer...

"Maybe it wasn't her you saw. It could be any kid."

"Dude, I'm telling you, it was her. I've seen photos and everything. I should totally know."

Then someone comes around the side of the boxes, scaring me almost to death. I press myself against the boxes in fright, trembling. They bend down onto one knee in front of me. I bring my scared eyes up to look at him. He's about 16, tousled black hair, outrageous outfit and a mask. He checks a piece of paper in his hand. He then slips it into his pocket and puts out his hand.

"Hey, don't worry. It's safe now. You can come out. There's no need to be afraid."

I shake my head, still scared. He sighs and picks me up. I stiffen slightly from the cold wind. He remives his jacket and puts it around my shoulders. I cling to it gratefully. He brings me out from behind the boxes. There are four other people there, and they look pleased to see me.

Wait.

I know them.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment