Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Don's new instrument

Donatello learns to play the sousaphone.

Chapter 1 - Don's new instrument

Chapter 1 - Don's new instrument
In April's 2nd Time Around Shop, Donatello's helping April out with inventory, sorting boxes & storing them.

APRIL: Thanks for your help Don. Too bad your brothers couldn't help me.
DON: Leo's playing the vibes, Mikey's doing his Turtle Titan heroics while Raph & Casey are motorcycle racing each other. Just call me the little red hen, or in this case, the little purple turtle.
APRIL: To show my appreciation, why not take some computer parts.

Don looks over what April has, but then he spots a white sousaphone hanging on the wall.

DON: April, what about that tuba you got hanging?
APRIL: It's a very old instrument, and it's a sousaphone, not a tuba.
DON: Same diffrence.

April gets the instrument down, hands it to Don. Don fixes the mouthpiece up & then blows into it. He plays terribly!

APRIL: You need practice. You want that instrument instead?
DON: Sure!

Back home in the sewer, the other Turtles & Splinter discovered Don trying to play the sousaphone. They all make fun of him.

LEO: Don, were not going to form a polka band anytime soon!
MIKEY: Stop with the oompa-pa! Not going to form a marching band either!
RAPH: It's bad enough Leo plays the vibes & Mikey discovered the tympani. Now you had to have the sousaphone!

The Turtles laugh @ him until Don stopped playing.

DON: Maybe I think the sousaphone's cool to play! It's about time Don takes up another instrument besides bass guitar. This is no different than Mikey playing tympani or Leo on the vibes.
SPLINTER: Don, though your brothers hate that instrument, you follow your heart. But practice away from our lair.
DON: I'll show you guys, I'll get better!

Don puts his sousaphone away & decides to take Raph's Shell Cycle out into the city streets.

Don drove along the streets of New York trying to clear his mind. When he stopped by a burger joint, he saw some high school football guys ganging up on a geek. Normally, Don didn't think about blowing his cover, but duty called when they started squirting mustard all over the geek.

DON: What's the problem?
PLAYER: Stay out of this, costume freak! This is our burger joint & we don't want no musical band geeks in our joint!
DON: It's a free country!
PLAYER: Not to us!

One of the football players charged @ Don & then Don started fighting those football jocks! Then they got scared, claiming that Eric got stronger & left. After straightening & cleaning him up, Don went over to him & asked...

DON: You OK?
KID: Thanks Eric!
DON: Who?
KID: A fellow band member who likes to dress up like his heroes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
DON: What's your name, kid?
BILLY: Billy. Those jerks are on our football team while I'm in the marching band. So Eric, gonna play tympani in your Donatello costume?

Don thought "What's with this kid? He thinks I'm Eric. Better play along or he'll end up freaking out."

DON: Hey, call me Don, OK. So Billy, what instrument do you play?
BILLY: Sousaphone. We sousaphone players always get picked on, like we're real nerds.
DON: You got that right. Say, can you teach me to play?
BILLY: Thought you like your tympani, Eric.
DON: Billy, let me give you a ride home.

So Don gave Billy a ride on his Shell Cycle. When they stopped at an intersection, Billy was shocked to see Eric crossing the street.

BILLY: If you're not Eric, then you're (screaming).

Billy got off the bike & ran off. Donatello parked the bike & started chasing after Billy. When Billy tripped, he saw Donatello coming toward him.

BILLY: Leave me alone, you freak!
DON: Chill, I'm the real Donatello.
BILLY: Why are you roaming the streets? Shouldn't you be fighting Shredder or somebody like them?
DON: I just saw you in trouble & wanted to help, got a problem with that. Now I got a favor to ask. Will you teach me the sousaphone?
BILLY: As long as you don't hurt me!
DON: Relax, us fellow sousaphone players have to stick together. Trust me, Billy.

Billy then trusted Don. Then he told Don of a place where he practices & that he should bring his instrument so they could play together.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment