Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Learning to Play

Donatello learns to play the sousaphone.

Chapter 2 - Learning to Play

Chapter 2 - Learning to Play
Don found out that Billy practices on the roof of his apartment complex. So he goes up & practices with Billy. But Don still has a lot to learn.

BILLY: Let me check out your valves.
DON: What for?
BILLY: Trust me.

Billy checks out Don's valves & they are hard to push.

BILLY: No wonder you can't play, must've got that instrument from a second hand store!
DON: You might say that.

Billy then gets some grease spray & sprays it on the valves. Then Don tried it out & it was a little better to play. The boys practiced for an hour, they even had fun playing to rap music on a CD. Just then, they heard people complaining. And then, the door started to open. Don hid while the door opened. It turned out to be the landlords, Oliver & Mary Roper.

OLIVER: What's with the tuba music? Now were starting to hear two tubas going @ it.
BILLY: Just me up here, Mr. Roper.
OLIVER: You know the rules, practice is for an hour weekly unless the tennants complain. Otherwise, you & your parents will have to find somewhere else to live!
MARY: Oh Oliver, let the kid have his music. Nobody complains about your accordion playing. Besides, the tuba music scares the rats & roaches away. So does your accordion playing!
BILLY: You got that right.
OLIVER: Come down & do other homework than band!

When the Ropers left, Don came from hiding.

DON: Don't tell me this is 3's Company?
BILLY: Wise guy. Now I need to find a new place to practice.
DON: How about our sewer home.
BILLY: Yuch! That's where you & your brothers live?

Don nods.

BILLY: OK, but can I bring Eric? He's obsessed with Mikey!
DON: Sure.
BILLY: You keep practicing from this book I gave you & you could master the sousaphone.
DON: Thanks, Billy.

Weeks later in the sewer home, Splinter & Leo were meditating while Raph's punching on the punching bag & Mikey's reading Silver Sentry comics. Then they hear Don playing his sousaphone which caused Splinter & Leo to lose their thought of training.

RAPH: That does it! I'm gonna put water inside his instrument!
SPLINTER: Wait, listen!
LEO: Don't wanna listen to the polka turtle.
SPLINTER: Shhh!

They hear Don play & he's playing better than ever.

MIKEY: He's good!

Then they hear two sousaphones go @ it. They rush over to their music room to find Don & Billy jamming with Eric watching.

SPLINTER: More humans?

Don stops playing.

DON: Master, this is my teacher, Billy. And Mikey, you got a fan!
MIKEY: Billy?
ERIC: No, me! Man, you play tympani? So do I! My name's Eric, I'm in the band with Billy.
BILLY: (Stops playing) Mikey, Eric once dressed as you in a costume party.
MIKEY: Weird! Wanna jam?
ERIC: Cool!

Eric & Mikey head over to the two tympanis, each taking turns playing soloes. During their playing, Billy took pics of them jamming. After that jam...

BILLY: Why don't you show your brothers you can play techno-pop. Mikey on drums, Leo on vibes & Raph on guitar.

The Turtles got on their instruments & started jamming with Don on sousaphone. They were amazed that Don made a misfit instrument fit.

END

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment