Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Welcome

There is a Massive Clue in the name
(it actually happens)
Thomas is going about his daily routine when something sinister is afoot...

Chapter 3 - Welcome

Chapter 3 - Welcome
"We've got a new one!" said a deep voice.
"Good! We haven't had one in months!" said a hoarse voice.
"Shut it, someone's just died here! Anyway it's a good thing that we haven't had on in months Earl!" the deep voice must of hit Earl.
"You have no heart at all!" said a woman, "You cruel man!"
"How long ago 'en?" asked a londoner accent.
"About three hours ago," replied the deep voice.
I woke up to find a crowd of people surrounding me but I could only see four people clearly. I saw a sour and piched face, a small boy, a blond woman and a kind face with warm eyes. There was something furry on my belly and it worried me a little bit but it felt very familier. I sat up to see a Bearded Collie on my bellie. The dog had bow in her hair and I recongised her ammiediatly.
"Pancake! I've missed you so much! Where did you- Hold on! You're meant to be dead so why are you alive? Where am I, Oh my god have I gone mad or something help me!!!" I couldn't stop myslef from letting this all out.
"Look," the nice looking man started, "I'm really sorry to tell you this but your dead. You're in the dead world, you cannot feel pain you could lick a piece of glass if you like, but you do still have emotions and memories. Oh by the way how do you know Betty?"
"Betty? She's called pancake! She's my dog, well she was my dog. She got hit by a car when she was 5 a bit like me but I'm 13. My name is Thomas by the way, Thomas Deldermist" I said calming down a bit.
"Nice to meet you, but it's horrible that I did so early. My name is Charlie, I died in an ice age. This is-" Charlie started but another man interupted.
"I can introuduce myself thanks! My name is Earl but you won't be seeing very much of me and hopefully I won't be seeing very much of you! You must hear how I died! Yousee I stole some money off of Johnny and he threw an axe into my back, it didn't hurt at all see how brave I am," Earl finished and winked at the lady.
"Urgh! You creep! Just leave me alone will ya? Your scaring the poor boy! Hi! Don't mind Earl, my name is Georgie Tannent, chow!" she gave a small curtsy and then disapeared into the crowd.
I picked up Pancake and stood up, I found myself wearing some hostpital clothes, I also had some cuts and bruises on my body. The small boy caught me looking at it.
"Don't worry they'll fade away in 'bout four days," he sid in his londoner accent, "my names Jack, I died of the plague, it were awfully painful it was! I died on the third of the plague, when I were bleeding under the skin guv', I came in with Bebo's the size of eggs it were 'orrible!"
The crowd had cleared by the time Jack had stopped talking. Charlie turned around to me and smiled.
"Jack will show you around, you can keep Bet- I mean Pancake if you want to, I was only going to look after her until her owner had well- urm come here. I'd better go I've got a lot of work to do, like building you you're own flying pod, you can share a room with Jack until we get a place sorted out for you, goodbye!" Charlie went into a tall glass building.

I was finding this whole ordeal very strange, who wouldn't? Jack had taken me to his flat which was underground! It was very nice underground and all of the buildings were made of glass, the floor was made of marble and it was fun to slide on. We were in the flat and it had loads of technonlogy in it! There was a robot cleaning and another cooking what smells to be chicken curry! I love chicken curry! I got in my bed which flipped down from the wall and it was very comfy, there were no springs at all and it sunk down when I sat on it. The duvet was so thick if it snowed inside you would not feel cold at all.
"It's really comfortable isn't it?" Jack asked. I nodded, "Are you ready for the PFD tomorrow?"
I frowned at him, "the what?"
Jack sighed, "Party for deaf! That's what it stands for! We go down to the river and we cut your hair and we put it in a box that Georgie Tannent had made and decorated, we put it in the river to pay our respects, You meet our cheif and he welcomes you to the World! 'en we party for the rest of the day! Sound fun eh, guv?"
"You cut my hair?" I gasped.
He laughed, "Not all of it just a strand silly! Anyway pick an outfit and change into it, they're all in the wardrobe over there, pick a good one as you won't be able to pick another one ever again, 'en get some sleep it's been a long day!"
"That's what my mum would always say to me then she would kiss me good night, I miss her." I muttered sadly but Jack had already fallen asleep.
I went over to the wardrobe and picked a fairly nice outfit. I missed my family, I want them back now with me, well my mum and my sister that is. I don't want to see my dad again! I wish I wasn't dead. I got into bed and I sang myself to sleep, I sang 'Oranges and Lemons' until my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment