Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - The Citadel of Valcoi

A snippet of a chapter from the book I am currently writing. Enjoy.

Chapter 9 - The Citadel of Valcoi

Chapter 9 - The Citadel of Valcoi
The world was on fire. An inferno of searing pain and burning skin, flames groaning and snarling around them. Liana squinted her eyes against the smoke that made tears stream down her pale cheeks. She gripped Viera's hand as the child lead her so effortlessly through the tunnels of ever-moving magma.
"The Citadel is this way," Viera whispered, suprisingly loud against the churning madness of the volcano. "Not much farther now."
So deeper they went, their backs burning, their legs aching, until they were standing in the swealtering, spitting gut of the world.
And there it was. As Viera lead her around another twisting corner of the tunnel, Liana finally caught sight of the sparkling metal gates of the Citadel. Viera grinned and all of a sudden it was like she was in a trance, un-blinking, walking dreamily towards her home.
"So this is it, the famous Citadel of Valcoi," murmured Liana. "Are you sure your Empress will see me?"
"You are a friend of mine. Therefoe, you are a friend of the Citadel's," came the reply, the childs voice a soft, hazy monotone.
Minutes passed and they stood in front of the gates, Liana having to crane back her neck to see the elaborate metal gargoyles sat on top. A guard heavily dressed in red armour approached them, immediately recognizing Viera and bowing his head. Like her, he had harsh, rough dark grey skin and fiery orange eyes, although his did not quite match the blazing brilliance of the childs.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DaddiesGurl17 on January 16, 2008, 3:55:45 AM

DaddiesGurl17 on
DaddiesGurl17Any constructive critisism is welcomed. Please comment and tell me what you think.. any good?

(Concidering I'm only 15 lol)!