Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - A Step Into Darkness, A Leap Into Fate

Fan Fic of Kingdom Hearts. Rikus little trip.

Chapter 11 - A Step Into Darkness, A Leap Into Fate

Chapter 11 - A Step Into Darkness, A Leap Into Fate
Chapter 11


The transmission from grassy wasteland to dark city was absolute instant. The dirt road turns to pavement and the grass into buildings as if it wasn’t supposed to be. The outer edges of the town were just buildings of average size. It didn’t start small then go big…it was dramatic.

Riku and Raix stood on the edge of the city staring into the depths of concrete and pavement. They’re here…they’re finally here at the point of destination. No more need to spend days on the road. There was actual structure.

"From here on…we go on foot" Riku said still looking into the opening between buildings that created the entrance. "We don’t want to stir up to much commotion"

"That’s fine with me; I was actually getting kind of sick of the bike anyways…it hurt my butt!" Raix said without any objections.

"Be on your toes at all times…you never know what’s around the next corner" Riku said cautiously.

"Aye, aye Capitan!" Raix said a little energetic. "I’ll stay right beside you!"

"Well, let’s go then…" Riku said a little nervous.

Raix hooked her arm around Riku’s and held his hand.

"Don’t worry…I know you can make it through this!" Raix said to Riku.

Riku looked down at Raix.

"Not just me…WE can make it!"

Raix gave Riku a little kiss and they walked through the threshold like entrance to the city. It was very cold in this place that never gets any light. They could both see their breath in the air. None of the buildings had any doors. The windows that they bared gave off dim glows of light. The structures themselves were immense. The smaller ones were about fifty stories.

They could see heartless everywhere they looked. The only reason they didn’t attack is because of Riku’s superior power over darkness. Any normal person would instantly be consumed by the hundreds of heartless that lay in watch.

There was something new up in the sky… Something that could only be seen from within the city. It was Kingdom Hearts…

"What!" Riku said in amazement. "I though DiZ destroyed that!"

"He did…but Xiruk’s plan is to repair the broken moon and use it in his own means" Said Raix.

"DAMN HIM!!!" Riku said in frustration. "It took a high-tech machine to destroy it last time! How are we supposed to do it now? DiZ disappeared in the process!"

"I don’t know…we’ll have to worry about it later though. It’s still incomplete so we have some time"

"GRRRR Damn that Xiruk! He’s caused so many problems for me already!" Riku said angrily.

"We would have never met if it wasn’t for him…" Raix said.

"Your right…we do have to give him that…But he did make you try to kill me! Grrrrr I’m gonna slaughter that SoB!"

The couple then stumbled into what seemed like a town square. In the middle was great structure known as "Memory Skyscraper" But this building was nothing compared to the one behind it. Standing a bit behind Memory Skyscraper was the long awaited Castle Oblivion. The skyscraper was like a front lawn fountain compared to the castle.

The two of them walked slowly out into the open, Riku was awed over the castle. It was way bigger than he had remembered. Raix was just looking at the ground, not wanting to remember the horrible memories that were created in that very building.

Riku took one step from Raix’s side when a figure ran out of an alley and punched Riku in the face so fast that Riku didn’t even see it coming. Riku flew and was hit against a building. The figure that had attacked was what looked like a man and was wearing a full blown ninja outfit. The ninja jumped behind the screaming Raix and wrapped some sort of paper around her. He then made some hand signal and Raix disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER!!!?" Riku yelled.

"I used my Telle-other ninja technique on her" The ninja replied.

"Where did she go!?" Riku asked.

"To Master Xiruk of course!" The ninja said.

"But why!? I thought he didn’t want her anymore!"

"There was a change in plans…She was needed after all" The ninja said.

"What’s your name?" Riku asked.

"Why do you care so much?" The ninja asked.

"So I can label your head when I hang it up on my mantelpiece!" Riku exclaimed.

"Very well then…my name is Rixyck, and good luck with defeating me!"

"Thanks! But I don’t think I’ll be needing your luck!" Riku said running at Rixyck, keyblade drawn.

Riku charged Rixyck but when he got there he was just a puff of smoke. Riku quickly turned around to find like five shuriken flying at his face. Riku rolled out of the way and dodged the shuriken.

*Good thing I drank that mega potion!* Riku thought to himself as he kneeled on his recently broken leg.

Rixyck poofed in front of Riku and punched him in the face. Then he punched him in the stomach and continuously wailed on Riku. Rixyck finished his combo with a kick to the chin and Riku was sent flying into a building.

Riku pulled himself out of the hole he made in the wall and got hit in the legs by two kunai knives. They had paralyzed Riku’s legs so he couldn’t move. Rixyck then threw a massive barrage of shuriken and kunai knives at the frozen Riku. Riku threw up a dark shield and the ninja tools just bounced right off. This gave Riku enough time to pull out the kunai knives from his legs and give him full mobility again.

Rixyck was up on one of the buildings. Riku ran at the building and launched some dark balls at Rixyck. Rixyck dodged the darkness balls and threw more ninja tools. Riku dodged the knives and had now reached the building. Riku unleashed a massive diagonal slash on the building and cut it in two. The building crumbled and Rixyck was knocked off balance. This gave Riku the opening he had been waiting for.

Riku jumped up to Rixyck and slashed at him, but only for his attack to be blocked by another blade. Rixyck had pulled out a katana to fight with.

"Let’s see who’s better in up close combat!" Rixyck said with what looked like a smile on his face but it’s hard to tell due to the mask.

Riku jumped back and then went in for another attack. Riku slashed upwards at Rixyck. Rixyck dodged to the side and slashed down on Riku. Riku rolled to the opposite side and dodged the attack. Riku then used this new opening to stab at Rixyck. Rixyck dodged to the side but was too slow and had gotten clipped by Riku’s attack. It wasn’t a deadly slash, but it also wasn’t very shallow.

The injury had caused another opening and Riku took full advantage. Riku slashed Rixyck across the chest and blood spurted out instantly.

*YES! I finally got em!* Riku joyously thought to himself.

The body fell to the ground with blood pouring out of its chest. As soon as it hit the ground it poofed into a hunk of cement.

*WHAT THE!?* Riku thought to himself.

Before Riku could react, Rixyck jumped in and cut Riku on the shoulder. Riku knelt down in pain. Then Rixyck commenced the finishing attack on Riku. Rixyck slashed down on what seemed to be a helpless Riku. Riku blocked and locked blades with Rixyck. Rixyck was amazed that Riku still had the strength to even pick up his weapon. Rixyck pushed down harder. A dark aura started slowly seeping out of the Oblivion ring. Riku slowly picked his head up and looked right into Rixyck’s eyes and said.

"I’m not quite finished yet…"

Riku then stood up and in the same movement, swung his keyblade knocking Rixyck back with incredible force. Rixyck flew through the wall that was right behind him. He continued to smash his way through many buildings before he finally hit a wall and stopped to slide down it. Riku made his way slowly through the building.

Rixyck had lost consciousness for a few second but then came back to see Riku making his way through the walls.

"WHAT IS THIS AMAZING STRENGTH!? WHERE DID IT COME FROM!?" Rixyck said to himself in horror.

Riku was in no hurry. He walked through the walls looking downward with his long hair covering his eyes in an intimidating way. Rixyck just stared in horror as his foe approached. He could feel the immense dark energy emanating from Riku. It grew heavier and heavier as he approached. Rixyck tried to get up and flee but he was pinned by his fear. Riku had finally made it to the same room and stopped just a few feet in front of Rixyck. Rixyck looked up and shook in fear. Riku’s hair was still covering his eyes as he looked down at his helpless opponent. He lifted his hand and pointed it at Rixyck’s face.

"Die…" Riku uttered as he launched a huge dark ball.

The ball was as tall as Riku was and just as wide. It hit its mark in a split second and Rixyck, along with everything behind him, was disintegrated.

Riku blasted another hole in the wall to his right and walked through it back into the area in witch the fighting had started. He then looked up at Castle Oblivion and whispered…

"Be strong Raix…"

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Sora121 on May 10, 2007, 8:43:32 AM

Sora121 on
Sora121The windows that they bared gave off dim glows of light 
 Should be bore ;P
 
couldn't help it^^ Nice chapter though dude. makes me think i should really start working on #17 again.... god i'm just so out of time now!! any how i gots to go i've got some pages to relink and duplicate then a story to work on! Keep it up man!