Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Blackmail

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 27 - Blackmail

Chapter 27 - Blackmail
Cyrus was speechless. He had just read Kit’s mother’s suicide note! How could she have seen her mother? Or was that an illusion? Did Voldemort create that illusion? Cyrus realized the fact suddenly.
“ Stay with me no matter what, Kit. My father did that. Your mother is still dead… couldn’t you control what you were doing?”
Kit shook her head, still shaking from the experience. She hadn’t been able to stop or move backwards. She could only follow the light, her mother. She began to cry again, silver tears streaming down her cheeks. Cyrus held her in his arms for nearly an hour. He finally decided to bring her inside before they both got hypothermia. He picked Kit up from her slumping position. She had slumped against the wall to support herself. She stood shakily. Cyrus led her into the building again, pulling her into the warmth. He tried to comfort her by embracing her, but she wouldn’t stop shaking. He whispered into her ear and she nodded warily. She turned into a ferret, getting caught by Cyrus. He wrapped her in his cloak and headed up to the portrait of the Fat Lady. He woke her up, frustrating her. She sighed, waiting impatiently for the new password. It had been changed after Ireane’s death. He cleared his throat and prepared to say it, purposely trying to recite it clearly enough. He didn’t want to sound drunk or anything of the sort.
“ Flying Hogmonkeys.”
The Fat Lady swung open her portrait for Cyrus. He scuffled his feet on the way in. He was stopped abruptly by Harry and Ron.
“ H… Hey Harry! What’re you doing up at this hour?”
Harry tapped his foot. Ron grabbed Cyrus’s shoulders, shoving him roughly onto the couch.
“ I could ask you the same thing Rus. Where were you? Were you sleeping with Johnson again?”
Cyrus blushed at Ron’s fury. He didn’t actually think Harry would inform Ron so quickly.
“ Hermione isn’t here to save your head this time Rus. She thinks it’s sweet that you two can fully express your feelings towards each other. I think it’s disgusting!”
Ron grimaced as he directed the comment at Cyrus. Cyrus shook his head.
“ I was pacing through the forbidden section of the library, okay? Leave me alone! I am so exhausted!”
That part of Cyrus’s story was true. He was exhausted beyond belief. He looked at the innocent ferret in his cloak. Harry noticed it too.
“ Why do you have a ferret in your robes? Is that what you were looking for?”
Cyrus nodded at Harry’s sudden question before heading up to his bed. He got up there and stripped except for his pants. He threw his other clothes on the floor, searching through his trunk for clean nighttime pants. He finally found a pair and looked at the sleeping form of Kit on his bed. As long as she wasn’t awake, it was worth getting redressed. He pulled on the clean pants and threw the dirty pair with the rest of his clothes on the floor. He shut the curtain around his bed to give him and Kit some privacy. He climbed into bed next to Kit and pulled her tiny form close to him. She woke up then, looking up at him. He smiled and kissed her on the nose before closing his eyes and falling asleep.
The next morning, Kit yawned and stretched. She looked around. Everything seemed gigantic! Oh yeah! She was still a ferret. She kept up her form, skittering out of the Gryfindor tower and down into the Slytherin dungeons. She changed back and threw on some pretty clothes that she had stored from the day before. She threw on a semi-tight T-shirt and a pair of flare-legged jeans. She ran out of the girls’ dormitory while still putting on her robes. She sprinted into the Great Hall, panting and trying to catch her breath. Malfoy approached her.
“ Johnson! Guess what I saw last night! I saw you on the top of the tallest tower! You were talking about voices! I could destroy your reputation, but I won’t. IF, and only if, you promise to do anything I tell you to.”
Kit gasped. Draco had seen her last night! She clenched her fists, preparing to throw back a fiery comeback when Malfoy laid a hand on her shoulder, causing her to get chills.
“ I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Kit. Do you want everyone to know? You were saying his name ya know?”
Kit shuddered. Malfoy had heard her the previous night! He wrapped an arm around Kit’s shoulder, pulling her to him. He whispered in her ear as Cyrus entered the Great Hall. Kit squeezed her eyes closed as Cyrus entered warily.
“ Kit, you alright? Wanna sit with me? Kit?”
Kit shunned Cyrus, giving him the cold shoulder. Cyrus was really confused now. What had he done to upset her? What did he do now? Suddenly, Malfoy leaned in and kissed Kit on the cheek, pulling her into a hug. Cyrus could barely get out his sentence. Tears filled his eyes.
“ Kit! Why?”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ferret_Avatar22 on February 12, 2007, 9:29:39 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22I am working on my next chappie now! I am sorry it is taking so long! i am just sooooo busy lately! Sorry! >.<

ivygreane on February 12, 2007, 3:54:18 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreanenono no ur fine!!!!! im taking 4ever to type on the RPG so yeah....i might make it a comic....

ivygreane on February 9, 2007, 6:38:05 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneawwwww!!! poor baby rus!!! :C


such a cute chappy!!! <3333