Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - New Neighbors

This is about a Vampire that changes his ways once he falls in love with a girl.

Chapter 2 - New Neighbors

Chapter 2 - New Neighbors
“My feet hurt Savanah! Can we go back?” Jenna asked exhaustedly.
“No Jenna we’re almost there. Then after that Tim can carry you all of the way back,” Savanah reassured.
“What?! No! I don’t wanna carry her ninety pound self back one mile!” Tim argued.
“You have to if you want her to keep going and have a break at the coming house,” Savanah pointed out.
“Fine I will, but next time you’re gonna get it if you do that again,” Tim replied stubbornly.
They continued to walk. They reached a small house about ten minutes later. Where there was a kid jump roping on the sidewalk, another lying under an old oak tree reading a book, and one more blasting rock on a boom box. The oldest of the three left his music and walked up to Tim, Savanah, and Jenna.
“Are you guys new around here?” he asked.
“Yeah, we just moved into the mansion down the road,” Savanah replied.
“Wow I can’t believe someone bought the thistles place!” he replied in shock. “Hey Lara, Brianna! Check this out! These guys moved into the thistles place!” he yelled to the other kids outside.
The girl reading the book set it down and walked over to Savanah.
“Hi, I’m Lara. What’s your name?” she asked Savanah politely.
“Savanah, how old are you?” she asked in return.
“Seventeen, how about you?”
“Same! Can I read with you? I brought a book along.”
“Okay! Wanna sit over there?” she pointed to the large oak she was reading under earlier.
Savanah nodded and sat down next to Lara. She noticed that Lara was reading her favorite book. She thought about her favorite part in the story, and then got lost in her own book.
“Hey dude, what’s your name?” Tim asks the older sibling.
“Josh, you?”
“Tim, I’m nineteen.”
“Same here.”
Tim sat down by the boom box and turned the volume up even higher. Josh joined him and started singing to the music while Tim was tapping his fingers to the beat. They started to bob their heads in unison as their unknowing bond increased.
Jenna ran over to the sidewalk and picked up a jump rope.
“Would you like to play helicopter with me?” she asked the girl jumping with the other rope.
“No, but I would like to beat you in a contest of crosses,” she replied. "I’m Brianna, but you can call me Bree for short.”
“Okay.”
“You look like you’re about my age…are you about twelve?”
“Turning thirteen in April.”
“I am too, but in January. Going into seventh grade?”
“Yeah, this Fall. Now what about that contest you challenged me to?”
“You think you can beat me?! I’m the champ of our school.”
“Well, there’s going to be a new champ soon.”
“We’ll see about that!”
As the day went on, the kids continued to socialize. Too soon it started to get dark out and Savanah, being the smart girl she was, noticed and told her siblings it was time to go. They all decided to leave after Jenna made a call home.
“Bree? Do you guys have a phone?” Jenna asked hurriedly.
“Well yeah!” Bree replies. “It’s right inside and to the left.”
Jenna ran inside and picked up the receiver. She told the operator what house she wanted. She heard the phone start to ring.
“Hello?” She heard her mother answer.
“Hey mom, it’s Jenna,” she quickly replied.
“Hey honey! How was your day? Did you meet any new friends?”
“Mom…we’ll get there soon and tell you when we arrive. We’re trying to get in before dark.”
“Sure hun. Be safe and stick together. I don’t know how this place gets at night.”
“We will mom. See ya in a few minutes. Bye!”
“Bye darling!”
Jenna hung up and ran outside to meet up with her siblings. “Okay she knows, but she wants us to stick together so we don’t get in trouble.”
“Kay,” Tim replied
“Let’s go then. We don’t want to run into any homeless people,” Savanah added, secretly wanting to run into Zach.
They returned home just as the last sliver of the sun was setting. Greeted by their mother at the door, Tim and Savanah snuck past while Jenna stayed outside and told her mother about their day. Savanah ran into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of toast and ran down stairs to clean Pehnnyea’s cage. Ten minutes later she headed back upstairs to join her family as they sat down for pizza. They finished eating and the kids helped clean up the dishes and food.
Savanah headed toward the receiver for the phone. Forgetting it was in her nightstand, she decided to find something else to do. She grabbed a towel and her hairbrush then headed to the sauna. After the sauna she took a shower and dried off. She put on her pajamas and went back downstairs into her room. She turned her radio on sleep and went to bed with her hair still dripping wet.
Savanah suddenly woke up from a heavy sleep. She got up and left to the bathroom. She returned to notice that Zach didn’t turned up yet. Exhausted, she laid down on top of her covers. She heard the grandfather clock strike three. She sighed and heard someone sigh in unison with her. Startled, she sat up right and looked around, but didn’t see anyone.
“Zach you can come out, it’s okay,” Savanah said randomly.
“I’m not hiding…” he replied.
Savanah looked next to her bed to see that Zach was telling the truth. Noticing that he looked puzzled or upset, she stared into his eyes trying to find out what it was. He stared back. Zach looked away and told Savanah his problem. He started out lying down and slowly while he was talking he sat up and started to pace. By the end of his story he was sitting on Savanah’s bed.
“And that’s why I don’t like being homeless,” Zach finished.
“Because…you don’t like being cramped down there till three in the morning?” Savanah summarized.
“By gorge I think she’s got it!” he smiled at her and stared into her eyes.
God I love that smile of his…Savanah thought.
Zach held her firmly then lightly kissed her neck. Savanah relaxed and fell asleep in his arms. While she was sleeping Zach placed her back into her own bed and sneaked down into the trap door again. I love her eyes…He thought as he slowly closed the trap door behind him.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rosecrow13 on August 17, 2007, 3:31:42 PM

rosecrow13 on
rosecrow13Smexy!!! Seriously, it is well written... I fear that I have lost all of my criticing powers!!!