Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 37 - Nemo

meh...

Chapter 37 - Nemo

Chapter 37 - Nemo
The scientists have held me captive for their studies for three years now. I have not aged. Vampires don't. I have been through so many tests, operations, interviews with the police, questions and days and nights of solitude. The humans? I did it. I killed them all. Can't sleep. Demons rule my mind. I'm locked in a cell, with a single bed and a glass wall. There's white paint on the walls, and a wooden floor. They observe me. My hair covers my face. No one has seen my eyes since the deaths. My skin is deathly pale. I pace the room, staring at the floor. I sit on the bed, seeming to be deep in thought. Put myself on a diet. Hope to die of starvation. I get given blood by my nurses. They bring me glasses of it every so often. They have to force feed me. I find myself replaying those awful scenes in my head, destroying them, greedily draining their blood. No one really knows what happened that night, except me and the demons.


Another interview. They ask some questions, slowly, clearly. The clock ticks. Minutes pass like hours. I say nothing. The woman at the other side of the table holds my cold, fragile, trembling hands in hers.
"Please tell us what you know," she pleads softly. "We need this information,"
"Show us your face, young man!" a frustrated policeman snaps. "We need evidence!"
I slowly look up. They see my eyes; faded, worn, glazed, lifeless.
Dead.
They gasp. They don't know what I've done, what they've done to me, what the demons did. Slaughtered me a second time. I survived. Just.
"What is he?" the woman asks.


"We need answers!" the man shouts.
I get to my feet. Widen my eyes, holding out a hand. The windows shatter. The man chokes. I hold my hand up. The man flies up to the ceiling. He bursts through it and disappears. I spread my wings and take off through the gap. The doctors spill out of the buidling and go after me, claiming that I am too ill to be out alone. I land on my hands and knees in an alley. I jump back up and sprint down the road.


I turn into a wolf. Dog catchers! I freeze.
"That's an Egyptian wolf!" one of them gasps. "They're an endangered species,"
"How did he get here?" the other frowns.
"I bet they would pay a fortune for him at the kennels,"
He bends down and reaches for me. "Come here, boy," he smiles. I step back.
"He's sure got big ears," the other man snorts.


I growl.
"Is he meant to be that skinny?"
"Yeah, they all are," the man nods. "Scrawney little thing, huh?"
I pin my ears back. Why you - something slams into my shoulder. I can't move. I return to my human form. I'm on my hands and knees, pawing the ground, whimpering.
"What's your name, kid?"
"U-uu-h," I collapse. What ever landed in my arm paralyzed me.
"Got him!" a doctor walks over. He ties my wrists and ankles together. Pulls me over his shoulders. A hunter with a dead animal. He pulls a needle out of my shoulder and tosses it away.


Back in the cell. They question me about the killings again. I'm being monitered by cameras. Supposed to be watching a video about crimes. They're trying to persuade me. I hold the remote in my hands. "Tell us what happened to your parents," my nurse says from behind the glass wall. "What brought you to murder your friends? Why do you kill?"
"It won't stop," I say bluntly.
"What won't stop? You don't wanna kill anyone. That's bad,"
"They ruined my life. They killed me...and my family," I say.


"What? You're alive!" the policeman says loudly. "Who killed your family? Could you show us what they looked like?"
I clutch the remote. The picture on the TV screen goes all fuzzy. The lights flicker. The scenes that haunt me so much are played out on the screen. I glare wildly.
"Oh my god," the nurse stutters. "He's got ESP!"
"Don't be stupid!" the policeman grunts. "He's messed with the tape."
They watch the scenes. The lightbulbs burst and the whole room shakes.
"Stop!" my nurse cries. "Please!"


I drop the remote. The room stays still and the lights repair themselves, flickering back on. My tears drip onto the floor between my feet, staining it a darker colour. "It...won't...stop..." I whisper. "And...I'm sorry,"
I look up. My pupils shrink to the size of pinpricks. The TV explodes. The glass wall shatters again. The wires spark into flames that travel along like a fuse for dynamite. The bulbs burst again. "STOP IT!" they scream. Their equipment blows up. I just sit there, in the center of a ring of flames, on a plain chair.


I get up and walk over to the nurse. She is burnt, but still alive. She gives a sharp gasp as I hold her up in my arms. My fangs extend. Her head falls back. I move closer to her neck, then sink my fangs in. She chokes, stiffens. Her blood is sweet and warm. A river of it forms at my feet. I swallow a final mouthful, drop her and take off into the night sky. It rains. I land in a dark corner of town, sink to the ground and curl up. Shaking. Weeping. I grip my shoulders, arms crossed over, and dig my claws into my back. I drag them along broken skin.


Days pass. Weeks. I grow weaker. Haven't had any blood since I got here. Depressed. Very depressed. Just sit there, staring at the floor, rocking back and forth. I'm nothing. Nothing. My mind has been fed to the demons. I'm just a body. Empty. No soul. No mind. No heart. Just a shell. A dying shell...


A cold night. It rains. I lie on the hard ground, shaking. I want to die. Anything is better than being trapped in this state. Getting a bit too thin. Can't see properly. It's all blurry at times along with double vision. Can't speak properly. Hearing tunes in and out. Can't move.
"Hey!" a woman shouts. "There's someone over here!"
Footsteps. Someone kneels down beside me. She brushes my hair out of my eyes. I squint. From what I can make out, she has short blonde hair, long nails and a blue dress on.
"Hey, dude," she says softly. "What are you doing out here like this, huh?"


"My name's Laylah," she says. "I guess your not a kid. You must be about...somewhere between sixteen and nineteen...am I right?"
I open my mouth to speak, but let out a small stutter.
"I need to get you to a hospital," Laylah croaks. "Okay?"
I stare at her. My vision blurs again.
"Is there anything you need?" she asks, getting a mobile phone out of her pocket.
I gape like a fish out of water. No! The doctors will take me to the police again!


Laylah begins to make her phonecall, but notices something. My fangs and my arm. She slowly puts her phone away.
"Y-You're the hybrid?" she whispers hoarsly into my ear.
I muster a small nod. Hope she's not a hunter or a demon in disguise.
"You poor thing," she furrows her brows. "What have they done to you? I-I'll take you back to my place. I'll take care of you, I promise. I won't tell anyone that you're there,"
I lift my head off the ground, sniffle at the air and flop back down again. She's a human.


Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on June 5, 2007, 6:20:08 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodwow. that chapter was awesome!!! I really loved it!! keep it up!! ^^

IluvAtem on June 6, 2007, 12:38:47 AM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtemthank you! ^________^

IluvAtem on June 6, 2007, 12:41:01 AM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtemOh! I did a pic of it!

perfectpureblood on June 6, 2007, 1:18:25 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodoh! you did? i'll have a look at your gallery! ^^

perfectpureblood on June 6, 2007, 1:17:41 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpureblood^^ your welcome! :D

fairywarrioress on June 2, 2007, 7:47:25 PM

fairywarrioress on
fairywarrioressWicked!!
Sounds good so far ^^

IluvAtem on June 2, 2007, 7:48:02 PM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtem:)

BrazillianPaula13 on June 2, 2007, 6:57:20 AM

BrazillianPaula13 on
BrazillianPaula13This story(more like "stories" XP) is still very cool! ^^

IluvAtem on June 2, 2007, 7:47:44 PM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtem^^

yafoolin on June 2, 2007, 7:09:47 AM

yafoolin on
yafoolinAwesome

IluvAtem on June 2, 2007, 7:47:04 PM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtemthanx