Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Tour and Bed

A little girl finds herself an imaginary friend...and ends up with more than she bargains for. -Horror Story-

Chapter 2 - Tour and Bed

Chapter 2 - Tour and Bed
As they ascended the hill leading to Luna's home, the girl started to wonder how her mother would take the presence of Patchwork....

Well, it wasn't as if she was healthy enough...maybe....maybe Luna could hide Patchwork. Her mother stayed in bed most of the day anyways...


Luna smiled as she pushed the door open, resulting in a eerie 'Creeeeeeaaak' sound. They were met with a pitch-black room with a few barely seen silhouettes of objects...and she frowned. "Electricity must be on the fritz again. We have wiring issues." She told Patchwork as she felt and touched her way around the room until reaching a drawer. She pulled it open and soon lit a little candle that sat upon a stand. She waved the waved until it extinguished and through it in a trashcan.

"Come on, I'll show you around." She said, her ebony lips curled into a grin as she led the way, her peculiar friend following her. "We're in the kitchen right now....then the dining room...this here is the living room....bathroom....upstairs in the little 'tower' is my room...and this..." Luna stopped at a door, and placed her soft hand on it. "Is my mother's room." She said in a faint whisper. "You don't go into Mother's room, okay? She's not in the condition to see you right now...but she'll get better."

The girl sounded so sure that her mother was going to make a full recovery....

Patchwork gave a silent nod in understanding, and the girl took his hand and again led him away. This time, to a door...that seemed to lead downwards into a pitch-black abyss. After a moment of surveying the darkness, as though looking for a sign of life, Luna's black heeled boots clicked as they reached their first creaky stair. She slowly began a pace, swaying as she descended the stairs.

Patchwork followed her, his strange night-visioned eye allowing him to see what could not be illuminated by the candlelight. The girl soon brought them into the basement, which was large and contained nothing but a few chairs, a table, the furnace, the water heater, and a few bookcases full of books. She giggled. "Isn't it great? And it came with all sorts of tunnels and hideaways that you can use to run outside if you need to get more bodies."

"Very....interesting..." Patchwork said, seeming to drop onto all fours and scurry about, inspecting the room as close as possible. "I believe it will suit my needs....and yours as well." He spoke as he sat, more cat-like then human as he dropped the almost-forgotten corpse on the floor. His pointed ears perked as he gazed at her. Luna smiled softly and went over to one of the bookcases, her fingers running over the spine of every book. "Patchwork....?" She asked, her amethyst eyes traveling up to look at him. "Yes?" The demon said, his eye upon her as he listened.

"Can you come and read me a bed time story?" She said, pulling a small book out from the shelves. "Mother....is too ill to read me one...." Her gaze turned to the floor as she held the book.

The demon creature tilted his head in inquiry....it seemed that, though the girl was dark in her manner of corpses and actually befriending him in the first place, she was still a child....he gave a soft sigh before he rose to his feet and took the book. He placed Luna's candle on the table and extinguished the flickering flame with his fingers. Soon he carefully pulled the girl into his arms and carried her up the stairs in the pure darkness.

Luna clung to him fearfully, her inability to see taking its toll on her tired mind. But Patchwork calmed her with the feeling of security as he ascended the next set of stairs and entered what he figured was her room. After a moment, he set her down and she seemed to easily lose her heeled shoes and dive into bed with Little Grimmy hugged to her chest. She sat there, her pale lavender blanket over her legs, her eyes showing she waited for her friend. Patchwork noticed that this room had windows...as moonbeams seemed to shine through the glass and to Luna's bed to wash over her.

He soon snapped out of it when he heard Luna whine slightly, and he was soon sitting behind her, his long legs spread out on either side of her. He managed the book in front of her and he rested his jaw on his silver haired head. With that, he began to read.

It was a poem-like story, filled with death and gore....it would've easily scared any normal child out of their wits. But to Luna, it was comforting...judging by the fact she fell into such a calm, deep sleep.

Patchwork chuckled softly and shook his head, managing out from behind the girl and tucking her in...he watched her a moment longer before he slipped away into the darkness of the home...and soon seemed to escape the house itself through the tunnel-ways Luna had mentioned....it was time to have a little more 'fun' before the night was done.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KisaShika on March 8, 2008, 1:37:27 AM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaHow eeriliy cute. Please continue. :3