Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Ridding Burdens

A little girl finds herself an imaginary friend...and ends up with more than she bargains for. -Horror Story-

Chapter 3 - Ridding Burdens

Chapter 3 - Ridding Burdens
Patchwork watched from the shadows....watching at how the child worriedly helped her mother....

Sure, Patchwork had nothing against the mother....the illness could not be avoided...but he could not stand seeing Luna do everything for her. The Mother, it seemed, has lost her usefulness...and instead turned into a burden without realizing it. She was both physically and mentally ill, for at times she went into uncontrollable fits of anger only to wind up near-collapsing five minutes later.

A burden....

Burdens must be removed.

And the Mother was the only thing in his way from completely having the childs companionship...

The Mother must be killed.

-------------

Luna kept to her side through most of the day....she never once spoke to Patchwork because of how busy she was....retrieving medication, helping her mother up and down stairs, making sure she didn't collapse....the poor child was about ready to fall to the floor in exhaustion.

She sat on her rickety couch, her body aching and her breath heavy. Mother seemed to be getting worse....no, no, she couldn't get worse....she wouldn't let Mother get worse!

The silver-haired girl managed onto her feet, wobbling as her body disagreed with moving. She made her way back to her Mother's room, peeking in to check on her. "Mother, are you alright?" Her soft voice was heard in the silent room. "I'm fine...dear, Luna...I'm fine....why don't you go and play?" The woman told her, waving her thin hand at her in a dismissing way.

"Yes, mother..." Luna said, leaving the door open a little while she left. Patchwork decided to make his move now...

With a wisp of shadow, his body had made the illusion that he was Luna. He smirked evilly as he scurried to the medicine drawer, retrieved the bottles and got a glass of water before he slipped into the room. He 'ahemed' before he spoke in a voice that matched the little girl's.

"Mother, I just forgot...you need to take your medicine." He told her as he crept closer to the bed. "Oh really?...I thought I took my...pills today." "No, you must be mistaken for yesterday. Sometimes days can just merge together." He giggled and smiled.

"Good point, dear...Luna. Alright, then...." Patchwork read over the bottles...all of them were to be dissolved in water. Oh, now this was too easy. He dumped much more than the dosage said and waited till they weren't seen....then handed over the water. "Here you are, Mother." He told her with a smile.

"Thank you, Luna....always a sweet child. Now....why don't you go run off and play?" "Yes, Mother." He slinked away, and quietly closed the door....sleep well, 'Mother Dearest'.

----------------------
(Several hours later)

Luna skipped in, closing her parasol and twirling about happily. That was much better to get outside and play a little without having to care for her mother.

"Mother? How are you? Did you do okay while I was outside?" She inquired as she knocked on the door with her gentle hands. Upon hearing no response, she blinked. "Mother?...Are you sleeping? Come on now, its time to wake up!" She said as she opened the door....and she immediately froze at the sight.

"....M-mother?..."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KisaShika on March 8, 2008, 4:15:17 AM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaOmg! Poor Luna!

And I was beginning to like Patchwork. >->

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on March 8, 2008, 4:20:45 AM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1I know what you mean. -nods- Poor Luna....

But in order for the story to continue, the Mother had to perish...even if by Patchwork's hand. Poor thing, though.