Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Recycling

A little girl finds herself an imaginary friend...and ends up with more than she bargains for. -Horror Story-

Chapter 5 - Recycling

Chapter 5 - Recycling
It seemed that soon, a building sprung to life in the center of town. It was old, it was poor, it looked quiet in disrepair....but it wasn't the outside that someone should look at, it was the interior that needed to be examined.

It was a shop, not the best nor the poor. It sported a great many shelves upon its walls, and on them were a great many dolls. Each were stitched up and looked slightly demented, with their big jewel-like eyes and their stitched mouth smiles. The material they were made of felt slightly like a leather, and came in a variety of earthly tones from peach to brown. Among all these dolls was a girl.

Her hair was black as a raven's wing, and was straight and fell to her shoulders. She wore black boots, a torn black dress and fishnets that ran to her fingerless gloves and her black painted fingers. Her eyes were an amazing yellow-green, her skin pale like a ghost, her lips black like obsidian and her teeth sharp like a vampires. Her friend was cloaked and hooded at all times, taller than she and usually quiet. His body was concealed by long-sleeved robes and his hands with gloves....nobody quite knew what to think of him.

The young girl exited the store, the bell dinging slightly, and began to speak as people left their homes. "People of Lunarset, I come to you in your time of need. All of you, young and old, bitter and kind, have been the victims of a tragedy recently...the news has spread from town to town. I've heard that illness has come to your children, that pests have come to your land, that sinners have taken away the building that represented your faith. Well, I bring you a cure."

As a crowd gathered around her, she climbed her way up to a perch above one of the stores windows. "I bring you Hellion Dolls. These dolls have been created as miracle givers, as the cure for ailments, as the remover of pests. They are magical, you see...a jewel holds a soul, and it represents the heart and spirit. They will gradually come to life the more love and affection you give them."

People seemed to give 'oohs' and 'ahhs' at the idea. "But do they really work?" One person in the crowd asked, raising their hands. "Why of course they work, or my name isn't Elvira Alicen Velventine!" The girl pointed to the sky as she spoke her name and grinned. "Their magical abilities will grow the longer you own them and care for them. You want an example?"

Everyone seemed to yell when she said that, and she put her fingers to her lips and whistled sharply. "Damien, Little Grimmy, come on out!" Soon enough, two creatures popped out of a trap door on the roof, and people stared in awe at what they saw.

One creature looked more demonic, from the claws jutting out of his once fabric hands, to the horns on his head. But he giggled happily as he rushed to the girls side and looked down at the people, his spade-tipped tail whipping about. The other figure was cloaked and wore a skull like mask, his crimson flame-like eyes stared at everyone as his gloved fingers curled and dove under their sleeves. Soon he hovered over to his creator and kept firmly to her side, glancing at the people.

"Is that enough for you?" Elvira told them with a smile. Everyone murmured their agreement and nodded to one another. "Fine. Then..." The young child slid down via a pipe and opened the door. "Who's my first costumer then?" And suddenly, everyone rushed forward. "This is Lucien, don't mind him. He helps with the enchantments on the dolls, and he'll not be seen often." She told the people as they glanced at the tall hooded creature. "Into the back room now, Lucien. I'll take care of everyone."

-------------------
-That Night-
-------------------

"Thank you, come again!" Elvira said, waving as the last customer left the store. After that, she took the key on her belt and went over, locking the door and turning the sign around to show it was closed. After pulling the curtains over the windows and turning the lights off, she took to the back room, which was actually the basement. She giggled happily as she skipped down the stairs and clapped her hands. "Boy, today was amazing! Did you see how much money we made off of these people?!"

"No, I was down here...but judging by how much I heard you opening the money drawer, I say alot." Lucien told her. "Can I take this stupid thing off now?" "Sure, go ahead." The girl waved her hand at him. "Finally." The cloak and robe was remove and thrown to the side to reveal Patchwork. "God that thing is itchy, irritating, and hard to move around in."

"Heh, it isn't that bad, Patchwork. You just haven't gotten used to it." The girl removed her gloves and the fishnets, and soon removed her contacts and the fake teeth she had used. She pulled the black hair up to reveal her beautiful wavey silver locks. "At least you didn't have to wear a wig." "Good point." Patchwork grinned as he glanced over at Damien and Little Grimmy, who were snoozing in the corner. "Oh, your two little pets...friends, whatever, passed out instantly. Can't stay awake for long yet."

"They'll grow into it. They're only a week old now that they're alive...can't expect them to be awake 24/7...I'm surprised you could trap souls like that with those gems in order to animate them." "Neh, once you've been dead and come back as a stitched-up zombie thing, it's kind of easy."

"Well, Patchwork....I think we'll be living the good life now....wonderful idea to use the human flesh as the fabric...and we can just feed the rest to these two." Luna flopped down to cuddle with her two made friends, who both curled up with her immediately.

"There's a easy way for everything...now, try to get some sleep...we're going to have a busy week." Patchwork told the child, who nodded. "Alright, alright....goodnight Patchwork...Damien...Grimmy." "Night." "...Night..." "Mm'yeah..." And soon there was nothing but the sound of sleepy breathing and the blinding darkness.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KisaShika on March 10, 2008, 11:00:38 AM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaOh, I want one!

Wow, this story get's more amazing by the chapter. I want to read so much more.