Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - I'll Protect You

A little girl finds herself an imaginary friend...and ends up with more than she bargains for. -Horror Story-

Chapter 7 - I'll Protect You

Chapter 7 - I'll Protect You
Patchwork stood there, his wrists and ankles bounded by shackles, his neck restrained by a metal collar connected to achain leash that was fastened to a tree. No longer was there the calm, smooth friend of Luna's....Now there was only a restrained demon, who was constantly knocked down with blows from the city guard.

Elvira watched in horror as Patchwork rose up and proceeded to fling himself at the end of his chains, snapping his fangs and trying to strike them with his claws, though it was a useless attempt as his restraints kept him well enough away so he couldn't harm the guards. But his rage burned brightly, and it frightened the girl as to just how much he changed when out of control. Damien and Little Grimmy pushed her forward to calm Patchwork while they got rid of the guards.

"Back it off!" Damien screeched, biting and lashing at the guards who struck Patchwork with blunt weaponry. Little Grimmy threw them back with sweeps of his scythe, and they both hissed as they kept near Elvira and Patchwork as guardians. The girl inched closer to the enraged demon. He slapped it away, and she recoiled her hand sorely. "Patchwork...."She said calmly. He still didn't respond....so as soon as she saw a clear moment, she rose her hand up and-

Silence came over the crowd at the sound of a harsh slap...and they watched as Patchwork stumbled dazedly, shaking his head. He soon blinked and glanced at the girl. "L...Luna?" She smiled softly as he realized just what was going on. She soon clung to his frame in a hug, her body trembling in fear. Patchwork leaned down and returned the embrace, his body shielding her won from the bottles and items that the crowd through at them. Patchwork soon released her as her fists clenched and dropped to her sides.


"You bastards! KNOCK IT OFF!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, immediately earning the silence of the crowd. She snorted angrily as she looked at them. "You have no right whatsoever to hurt my friend! Just because he's killed someone doesn't mean he should be punished! Hell, he should be thanked! NONE of you deserve to live! None of you have had that!" She snapped at the crowd. Damien and Little Grimmy had turned to ridding Patchwork of the chains for what was to happen in only a few moment's notice.


"You shunned me from existence, you harassed my poor mother, you took my home away, and now you try to kill my friend for killing someone else. You deserve nothing from me!" Elvira removed her wing and threw it to the side. "Lord, it's Luna! I thought she was dead!" Someone in the crowd said. "Oh, so now is when you get so surprised and acknowledge me. Damien, Little Grimmy?" She looked over for a moment to find they just now managed to remove the shackles. "Heh....time to go." Luna said as she looked at the angered people of the crowd. "Patchwork!" She yelled, immediately picked up by her demonic friend.


"Gogogogogo!" She said hurriedly as she dragged Little Grimmy and Damien up with her. Patchwork didn't need to be told twice as he side-stepped to avoid a bullet from the already advancing crowd and broke into a sprint. "Where do we go?" He asked the girl and the two doll-demons. "To the shop! We need to move it!" "How are we gonna do that?!" Damien asked. "The same way we made hellion dolls! Magic, of course!"



"Are you crazy, woman?!?!" The burlap doll-demon told her. "Just trust me on this." Luna told him before Patchwork slid into the store. He set the three down and slipped down into the basement to retrieve the book they would need for the emergency event. Luna locked the door and the windows of the shop, closing curtains and reinforcing things to make sure it could take the trip. As Patchwork hurried up the stairs, the people of Lunarset were at their door, trying to get in to end the lives of the group. Little Grimmy and Damien had to help Patchwork with the spell...which meant Luna was the one in charge of reinforcing the door. "Mind...hurrying up there, guys?!" She managed as she pushed chairs up against the door.


She heard the otherwordly chanting of her companions....and as quick as the yelling and cursing of the crowd had came, it was gone...Luna cautiously made her way over to a window and looked through it to find another city replacing Lunarset. "Wow...guys...you did it!" She giggled, glancing at her three tired companions and embraced them all in a group hug, of sorts. "We can restart..." She said calmly, moving the furniture back to its rightful place and setting fallen dolls back up on their shelves. "Yay..." Damien stifled a yawn and helped Little Grimmy downstairs so they could get some sleep.



"Luna..." Patchwork said, walking calmly to her side. "Yes?" "Thank you...for what you did for me." He couched down and placed an ever so small kiss on her cheek. "You're welcome." The silver-haired child blushed slightly before she leapt forward, once again hugging the creature. "And thank you for being my friend...and helping me through everything." She told him, resting her head on his shoulder for a moment before pulling away.


"Come on...let's go get some sleep...today's had too much action in it." He gently scooped her up in his arms and proceeded to carry her downstairs to join the other two in slumber.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KisaShika on March 18, 2008, 11:35:15 AM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaAww, how cute.

I think I can forgive Patchwork now.

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on March 18, 2008, 12:08:22 PM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1Yay, I was sitting there going 'Awww.....I think Patchwork can be forgiven....its so cute.'

Oh, only a few chapters left. But I'm going to -hopefully- make a movie of this! Not a super special movie with actors or anything...more of a story board sort of thing with narrating and voice-acting. ^.^

KisaShika on March 18, 2008, 12:10:19 PM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaIf you do, I will so be at the premiere!

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on March 18, 2008, 12:11:43 PM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1Well, first I've got to find my microphone and animate the thing. XD I'll get it on Windows Movie Maker or something and upload it so everyone can watch it, neh.

KisaShika on March 18, 2008, 1:16:31 PM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaSend it to me when your done! :3

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on March 19, 2008, 11:58:52 PM

JustaMetalSonicFan1 on
JustaMetalSonicFan1Well, it seems due to insufficient funds and lack of parental consent, I am not allowed to have voice-acting.....poo. x-x But I can still make the movies...heh, silent movie with subtitles.