Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - The Castle

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chrystal is your average 13 year old girl. She enters a drawing contest to win a trip to austrailia. But she meets someone who is, well, let's just say "different" as in part bat! He won't leave her alone and follows her everywhere! He wants her to join him to rule the world.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 15 - The Castle

Chapter 15 - The Castle


      Chrystal hadn't seen anything like it.  It was HUGE!  They flew closer and closer until Chrystal felt her feet touch the land.  It was soft and squishy.  It must've rained a lot.  "This way."  Drew said as he held Chrystal close to him, leading the way.  They soon reached the tall entrance.  Drew typed in some sort of code into a small box by the door.  The doors opened as he did.  They walked silently down a large hall.  The palace had very tall ceilings.  It seemed like the hall never ended.  Soon they came to a large door.  He unlocked it and walked in, still holding Chrystal by his chest.  He sat Chrystal down on a big, fluffy bed.  "You're staying here.  I'll be right back, don't get up!"  He said in an intimidating tone.  Chrystal watched as he got up and left the room.  She heard the door lock behind him.  She was locked in.  Chrystal looked around the large room.  Chrystal stood up and walked around.  There was a huge window showing the ground below.  It was a pretty sight.  She quietly walked away from the window.  In front of her stood a large dresser.  She looked inside of one of the drawers.  A small box sit alone inside.  She lifted in and unlocked the lock.  It suddenly began to play music.  "A music box."  Chrystal thought.  She looked inside.  There were pictures, notes, and even some jewelery.  She picked up an unusual looking letter and read it over.  It was some sort of prophecy.  It read, "The girl will have unusual powers.  Whoever may marry her will be most powerful.  The world will be under their rule."  Chrystal froze.  Is that what Drew wanted to do with her?  Chrystal slipped the note into her pocket.  Suddenly the door swung open.  Drew looked at the bed and then at her.  "What are you doing in there?!"  Drew yelled angrily.  He grabbed her arm tightly and slammed the drawer shut.  Chrystal was terrified.  "I-I'm sorry!" She said quietly. Drew suddenly stopped and smiled.  "It's ok...want to see the castle garden?"  Drew asked.  Chrystal wasn't sure if she did or not.  What if it was a trap?  But before she could answer he took her by the hand and pulled her into the hallway. 

"He's using me...he's using me...I gotta escape!  But how?"  Chrystal thought.  Suddenly they came to two huge glass doors and stepped outside.  They walked down a brick path and came to a metal gate.  He slowly unlocked it and stepped into the garden.  Chrystal was expecting the garden to be beautiful and full of flowers...but all the flowers were dead...every single one.  The grass was even a yellowish color which showed that the grass was dead.  A water fountain was nearby as they walked along.  There was no water flowing out of it though...only mud.  "What is this awful place?"  Chrystal asked.  "What?  It's the garden!  Isn't it great?"  Drew answered.  "No."  Chrystal answered.  She didn't care if she hurt his feelings or not...he was evil.  Drew looked at her and frowned.  "What's wrong with it?  I think it's wonderful!"  Chrystal couldn't believe he liked it.  "Well...gee...everything's dead!"  Drew looked around and shrugged.  "So?"  Chrystal was about to say "are you stupid" but decided that that wouldn't be the best thing to say to him.  "Well...all of the flowers need water to survive."  "Who said i wanted them to survive?"  Drew commented.  Chrystal rolled her eyes.  "Gardens are much prettier if the plants are alive."  "Who says?" Drew asked suddenly.  "Me."  She pointed at herself as she said this.  "Fine...if you can show me that gardens that are alive are much prettier...then I'll keep the garden alive."  He said.  He sat down on the ground and began to pluck the dead grass.  "Ok..."  She said unconfidently.  She picked up one of the dead flowers and said, "Grow!"  But nothing happened.  "Ha...ha...not working..."  She said as she through down the flower.  She picked up another dead flower and stared long and hard at it.  Suddenly she thought, "Why am I even doing this?  I should be saving Ash!  I miss him...I wish I could see him again...and my parents...I love them so much."  She blew on the flower after thinking this and suddenly, the flower came to life!  Chrystal smiled in satisfaction.  Drew had a shocked expression on his face, and slowly smiled.  "Well done!  Now do that to the rest of my garden!"  He said.  Chrystal had forgotten about the whole garden.  Chrystal came to a bush and blew on it.  Nothing happened.  "come on!"  She said in an annoyed tone.  She blew again.  Nothing.  "I love gardens...but this just isn't working!"  She thought.  She tried blowing again.  It worked!  "I got it now!  If I think of love and happiness, the garden grows!"  She thought of the happiest times in her life and how much she loved her family and she even felt as if she loved Ash.  She blew on all the flowers as she thought.  When she finally finished, she was out of breath.  "Very good."  Drew said with a smirk.  "You've convinced me to keep my garden this way...even though I prefer them dead."  "You better keep it like this after I just did all that!"  Chrystal yelled.

They walked back inside and Drew took her back into her room.  "Stay here...and go to bed."  He said as he shut the door.  He walked into his own room and locked the door behind him.  He grabbed a notebook and wrote in it, "I took her to the garden today to figure out how powerful she really was.  She has figured out the power of love.  I can't let that continue.  At least she has her mind on something else for now.  The wedding's tomorrow...and she doesn't even know it." 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment