Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 57 - Eyes in the Darkness

Ok, this is a little something I made up while i was playin Twilight princess, (all rights reserved to Nintendo.)
It's about a girl who sides up with Link to deafeat Zant. I have lots of errors in the spelling section...

Chapter 57 - Eyes in the Darkness

Chapter 57 - Eyes in the Darkness

   Link ran through the tall grasses already getting sick of being a wolf. He longed to walk on two feet again.

"Now where?" Dusk asked.

 "Hmm... Link, see thatroot over there? Do you think you could get to there for me?" Midna asked him. Link climbed up on the root scratching it up in the process, "Yep, I can see some kind of arch over there... That might be it." Midna said cupping her hand over her eyes and squinting. She drifted off of Link's back and went over to a knarled root coming from the giant tree. Link crouched down and sprang. It felt like an invisable force grabbed him and set him down by Midna.

 "Okay, one more time!" She encouraged. Link followed her through an archway like tunnel. Bridges similar to the oes inside the Forest Temple were found along with a few logs. at the end of the traps, was a stone with a hole through it.

   Link jumped onto one of the bridges. it was easy for him to get through them when it came to the two logs suspended by ropes that swang back and forth threatening to crush him, it was a little difficult to muster up the courage to cross. After much coaxing from Midna and Dusk, Link folded back his ears and stepped onto a thin rope that channeled over the never ending ravine. Link stopped as one of the logs passed inches from his nose. Moving his legs gracefully and delicately, Link was able to pass the final trap without harm.

"Is that a howling stone?" Dusk asked as they neared the rock.

"I haven't seen one of those in a while." midna replied inspecting the rock.

  Link sat in front of it hearing the wind whistle a tune. Somehow, it seemed hauntingly familuar. link cleared his throat remembering Lanaru's pretty howl. Link heaved in a breath and breathed out a deep howl. He moved the sound to match the pattern of the stone. In his head he heard a faint whisper, "Z-Zelda's... lullaby.." Then afterwards, was cut off by a terrible scream of terror and hate.

 Lanaru!? He called out. Had he really heard her voice? No answer. Link drooped his ears and tail. but in the back of is head, he swore he heard a voice saying, Kill kill...

 "Link," Midna patted his head, "You okay?"

 Link wagged his tail slowly unable to talk becuase of Zant's curse. he entered a small cavern nearby.

   It was dark. They had not noticed the passing day had turned to night. The tree's in the clearing had an earthy glow to them. in the middle of the clearing was a patch of grass that looked like a triforce. Link sniffed it cautiously. It smelled of fragrent perfumes that tingled his nose and coursed through him to the bone.

 Kill kill...

Link stepped on the triforce and sat in the middle of it knowing instinctively what to do.

Kill kill...

        He threw back his head and howled what his mind had called Zelda's Lullaby. The small voice in the back of his mind seemed atracted to teh sound. Suddenly, he as in his thoughts and mind. It looked dark and forbidden. But the one patch of light he sat in seemed to bring him confort. The force tugging at him grew gentler and calmer... The whispers of Kill kill was relpaced with hushed breathing. A delicate small paw stepped out into the light of his realm. it was shining gold and white. The Golden wolf entered the sanctuary with something trailing behind him.

 "Link, she wants to show you something. But she has no strength to do it alone. I have come as a messenger for her to deliver her greetings." The Golden Wolf stepped aside. The sight before Link's eyes was horific. A ragged wolf with patches of fur missing stood before him. It had blood trickling out of it's mouth and a bloody cut on the flank. Link took a step back. He also noiced the clumps of fur hanging by the shoulders and a torn claw. The green eyes were glazed with a crazed look, the mouth pulled back in a snarl saying, Kill kill. Link relized that he was looking at Lanaru.

"Kill kill... No kill... Kill! NO! I want no kill!" Lanaru began to argue with herself. No sound came from her mouth. Her voice seemed to echo through the darkness around them. Link shook his head in disbelief; what was Lanaru trying to tell him? Clearly she was in pain but he knew that she was trying to tell him something important. Not knowing what to do, link walked up to the she wolf and sat a few feet in front of her. gently, he began to howl the lullaby. Her eyes and ears perked to the sound. Lanaru's eyes seemed to go normal and her mouth closed. Her tail, (that had been dropped the whole time) began to wag slightly.

"Zelda's... Lullaby..." She sighed, "Shiny wolf tell you messege... to weak to talk fully." lanaru said falling over on her side. Link ran up to her finding her unconsience. Lanaru faded leaving him with the Golden Wolf.

"What happened to her?" He asked.

"Zant is in the process of trying to make her a Twilit Beast. She's getting the insinct kill drained into her. Though, she fights in without end. Her messege was,

 'Beware of the Eyes in the Forest of Paradise, There are guards that shall try and take you astray. Follow the sound of the trumpet's lore, and wolves of green eyes will not send more. To them, discuss your buiseness told, and a test will take before you and unfold. Solve all the tasks at your best, and wolves will leave you alone and rest. Find the sword of Evil's bane, and cast it's might. Wolf on four will be no more and wolves will kneel before you.'

That is her messege to you." The golden wolf backed away in the darkness.

 "Link! Link! HELP!" Midna's scream got him back to reality. A little imp that looked like a scarecrow held a trumpet in his hands. Wodden puppets surrounded them with glowing orange eyes. Link growled and crouched ready to fight.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cashmoneyUknowit on December 3, 2007, 7:03:05 AM

cashmoneyUknowit on
cashmoneyUknowitum...pardon my swahili, but...WHAT THE *BLEEP*-CK IS GOING ON?!?!

Lanayru on December 4, 2007, 9:47:54 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruYou speak swahili? You should teach me sometime! XD