Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 58 - The Creatures Within

Ok, this is a little something I made up while i was playin Twilight princess, (all rights reserved to Nintendo.)
It's about a girl who sides up with Link to deafeat Zant. I have lots of errors in the spelling section...

Chapter 58 - The Creatures Within

Chapter 58 - The Creatures Within

         Link growled threateningly at the puppets. The Skull Kid giggled and put the trumpet to his mouth and blew a clear note. it rang through the forest clearing sending a spine-tingling sensation through them. The puppets advanced closing in on them making the space between them shrink like a water going down a drain. Link snapped barking like a crazed animal seeing if bluffing would spare them the trouble of fighting. But the Skull Kid just giggled again and ran away leaving his puppets to mess with them.

          Link jumped on the nearest puppet pinning it to the ground and raking a paw against it's chest. He then launched himself like a bullet ot the next tearing off the wooden head. seeing that destroying all the puppets would take forever, Link retreated following the light of Skull Kid's lantern. Skull Kid danced on the stump of a tree playing his trumpet without a care in the world. Link dodged his way through the mass of puppets until he got in striking range of the Skull Kid. Link balenced his haunches and sprang landing on Skull Kid. The scarecrow boy seemed to take it as a game, for he laughed as if being tickled. Link got off of him cocking his head.

 "Hee hee hee hee!" He laughed jumping up and down.

 "Wow Midna, I think he might be able to beat your laugh." Dusk joked smiling.

 "Ha ha, very funny Dusk." Midna said hitting him lightly.

"You're not like the other wolves here are you? You must be new! Ooh! Ooh! Are you perhaps trespassing?! That ouldn't be good, cause then I'd have to quit playing with you and chase you out!"

 Link cocked his head the other way even more confused now. Midna spoke up, "We're here to find something. And who are these wolves that you speak of? I have not seen any wolves besides Link."

 Suddenly, rusltes of leaves caught the trio's attention. A pair of green eyes shown through the darkness seemingly to illuminate some of the leaves. Skull Kid lowered his head and frowned, "Uh-oh..."

 A series of stirring within the brush surrounded them and a low growl came from the green eyes. Link heard the creature say, "'Uh-oh' is right."

"Link, what's he saying?" Midna asked leaning o his ear. Link folded back his ears whimpering, "That's not the answer I wanted to hear!" she moaned.

   A white wolf stepped from the brush. That is, only one of his paws (the forepaw on the left) was a tanish color along with some of his muzzle and a few hairs on the ears. Another wolf appeared on the opposite side of the other. This one was carmel brown with matching eyes. The tip of the tail was black.

"Heh, heh.... Hey Faldere... How's it going?" Skull Kid asked trying to lighten the scowl on the white wolf's face, "And how are you Demastra?" He asked turning to the other wolf.

 "No time for pleasent greetings Skull Kid. You've not only led an intruder right at our front gate, teased him with your puppets, tormented him with your trumpet-"

  Skull Kid cringed as Faldere recited his misdoings.

 "- But you led our savior straight to us." Faldere concluded raising is head, "And for that, we thank you."

    Skull Kid perked with surprise and smiled slightly, "Just, uh... Doing my job?"

Faldere nodded and walked up to Link. Out of instinct, Link crouched as low as possible knowing this wolf was of higher rank than he.

  "Was your name Link, young hero?" Faldere asked sniffing his head, "You do not need to pay holmage to me. I'm the one that should be paying tribute to you." At this, both Demastra and Faldere crouched low on their bellies pulling back their ears. Link, stunned at this aproach, stood up and sniffed their heads. They smelled of pine cones, blood and other animals.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves. I am Faldere, leader of the Falderem pack. And this is my mate Demastra." Demastra bobbed her head.

"Who are the small ones you carry on your back?" Faldere asked approaching Link.

 Midna leaned to Link, "Is he going to hurt us?"

 Link shook his head slowly indicating that he wasn't sure, "Uh, this is Midna and Dusk... From the... Other parrallel demension-"

"The Twilight realm?" Demastra asked jerking her head up.

"Yeah," Link replied shuffling his paws, "that place."

"Ah, yes, we know about this place. Unlike others, we haven't been living under a rock all these years." Faldere agreed, "But you must come with me chosen one. For I will lead you to the Sacred Shrine us wolves have guarded for centeries. a task given to my pack way before my time. when the Twilit Beasts were sealed away and The Light Spirits were created. And I pass this legecy to pups and elders alike so that evil's grasp will not reach and soil this holy place. Come." Faldere and Demastra turned around to a tunnel lined with what looked like an anceint archway covered in moss and vines. As they passed throug hthe forest, more wolves of different shapes, sizes and colors began to apear as if from nowhere and followed them. Link felt uneasy as more unfamilar scents waffered in his nose. Faldere led them to a tree that had parically had been hallowed out and it crossed over to the next section of the forest. an out cropping where he could stand appeared as the top of the tree hanging over the archway. Wolves sat under it raising their heads to the leader.

 "Fellow members of the Falderem pack. I hast summons thou tonight to welcome Link. He is the ne we have sensed on the Howls. Skull KId was so kind to bring him here." Skull Kid shuffled his feet in embarresment as eyes turned on him, "and now, our hero must undergo the series of tasks that have been provided by natures course!"

 the wolves threw back their heads and howled at the cresent moon and stars draped across the midnight sky. Link joined with them feeling his throat tingle as his own howl was mixed with the other voices. Lanaru's message ran through his ears, 

"Beware of the Eyes in the Forest of Paradise, there are guards there that will try to take you astray. Follow the sound of the trumpet's lore, and wolves of green eyes will not send more. To them, discuss theri buisness told, and a test will take before you and unfold. Solve the tasks at your best, and wolves will leave you alone and rest. Find the sword of Evil's bane, and cast the might of it's light. Wolf on four will be no more and creatures will bow before you."

 Her messege to him. Link knew she had tried to warn him of the events unfolding before him now. But of what danger could lie ahead?

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cashmoneyUknowit on December 3, 2007, 7:14:03 AM

cashmoneyUknowit on
cashmoneyUknowitdo i smell foreshadowing??? *teehee!*

Lanayru on December 4, 2007, 9:50:28 AM

Lanayru on
Lanayru*slaps hand over cashies mouth* SHHH!!! little fan ears are listening!!!
If you want Santa to leave you presents, (and I'll give u hint hint that i got u sumtin 4 christmas) You better start speakin' swahili instead of english! >:(

OrdonHero555 on October 27, 2007, 4:31:03 PM

OrdonHero555 on
Comment Deleted

Lanayru on October 27, 2007, 11:28:09 PM

Lanayru on
LanayruYeah, the one thing that I hated most in TP that drived me insane when I first played it was that Bublin King. I was all lyke, "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DIE ALREADY!!!??" I mean really, not only did he fall off a bridge twice, get chopped to peices by your sword about three times, but they burned down their own camp while he was still in it! I don't think he could limp out of the camp that fast, don't you agree?

PrincessFatCat on October 16, 2007, 1:06:05 PM

PrincessFatCat on
PrincessFatCatLOL Skull Kid's funny! Wow yeah I never know what to say when I comment. I guess the awesomeness of your story leaves me speechless. LOL ^___^

Lanayru on October 16, 2007, 8:10:42 PM

Lanayru on
Lanayruyeah, that's it! ^^

PrincessFatCat on October 22, 2007, 12:39:16 PM

PrincessFatCat on
PrincessFatCatOf course it is! LOL ^___^