Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 61 - The Desert Awaits

Ok, this is a little something I made up while i was playin Twilight princess, (all rights reserved to Nintendo.)
It's about a girl who sides up with Link to deafeat Zant. I have lots of errors in the spelling section...

Chapter 61 - The Desert Awaits

Chapter 61 - The Desert Awaits

        Fang stopped aburtly and turned around swiftly. Seigh-Ri trailed behind her a couple of yards away. Fang hopped to and fro' ecitedly. She was so exicited, she felt her heart flutter like a bird. But her mind told her to be wary and cautious. She wanted to tell it to 'Shut the hell up!' but you can't exactly yell at your mind, now can you? Fang sniffed the nightly air. She smelled the cool desert air a little way off mingle with Hyrules mild winds. The blend made clouds seem corrupted and threateningly large. Ignoring the clouds, Fang turned back to Seigh-Ri who had just caught up.

"So, we're almost there, huh?" Seigh-Ri said as she neared her friend. Fang yipped and bounded ahead like a deer. Seigh-Ri just sighed and drove on with her sword anchored to her belt. The weight hadn't bothered her much, but she still longed for the weight to lift off so she could join her eager partner. If what Fang had told her about the desert was true, then they were in for some nice action. She joined her wolf Buddy at the begining of a bridge leading to some guys house. The planks floated on the surface of Lake Hylia, making it wobble. Fang jumped up back and forth in front of a patch of grass shaped uniely like a bird. Fang jittered around before setting her haunches down in a sitting position. Even so, she shook all over with her tail beating the ground like a drum.

"Are you really that excited?" Seigh-Ri asked sighing.

"Yes! But I'm kinda scared too. This is where Lanny's dad found the link between our world and Twilight." Fang warned, "Lanaru might be in the desert with assasins. So be on your guard. Who know's where Zant plans to use her."

   Seigh-Ri nodded. She felt her hands grow sweaty from holding on to the hilt of her sword so much. As Fang cleared her throat and did her 'do-re-mi's' Seigh-Ri noticed something perched on the railing of the bridge leading to the colorful roofed house. A neon purple bird sat cocking it's head with interest in it's beady eyes. Seigh-Ri stared back at, admiring it's unusual color. It had the looks of a stocky crane, or herring. And it's tail was long and trailing. the crest feathers sprouted from the back of it's head. It as about two feet in length not including the ail, which that itself was over four feet. The bird ruffled it's feathers and shrilled quietly. Seigh-Ri felt a longing tug at her heart. The bird seemed to beautiful and free. She felt so jealous and wanted to be this bird. Beatiful, graceful, free... Not tied to the problems within Hyrule. But her duty was her duty, and responsiblity of her sister was a top priority. The bird flapped it's wings and seemed to float into the night sky.

  "You ready? My singing might sound a little off key." Fang drew her lips into a wicked smile with her doggie teeth shining. Seigh-Ri rolled her eyes and smirked ready for the worst. Fang dipped her head then shot it up and parted her mouth letting the sounds escape her throat. A low base clef note rang through the moist air around them and water seemed to echo back the sound making Fang twist her ears to listen to her own singing. Satisfied with that, She went a little higher, then some more, and more, and more. Fang stopped and studied the pattern of grass in front of her. After peering at it for a while, She threw her head up again and began to sing a melody. It was short, but pretty none the less. After a couple of minutes of repeating the same song, they heard a screech sound above. Seigh-Ri jerked her head up. A Kargorok hovered and decended in front of Fang answering her howls. She noted the saddle mounted to it's back.

"No way..." She gasped, "I'm going to ride that thing?!"

"Yup." Fang said pointing her muzzle to the seat, "It's all yours. I'm trusting that you won't crash this thing." Fang mocked.

Seigh-Ri ignored the remark and used the bird's fee as a boost as she camblered up to the saddle. She situated herself and grabbed the reigns. Fang poked the beast with an agressive nudge with her snout. The bird clamped it's talons around her, and flapped madly for it's right to ascend. Seigh-Ri lost all tension in the rope as the bird flew higher until the barren desert was noticable. Seigh-Ri tugged the ropes hard and the beast banked to the destination.

"Hey, it's better than flying in a cannon!" Fang shouted up to her. Seigh-RI looked down at her confused. When Fang gave no explination to her comment, she shook her head and consentrated on steering. Suddenly, a bright purple bllur whizzed by. Seigh-Ri watched her feathered friend from before slow to fly next to her. The tail feathers expanded behind it making it look enormous. The bird trilled a crisp note and shook it's head. It beat the long wings gracefully without using any effort to flap. Seigh-Ri noted that she had never seen this kind of bird before.

"Fang... Are there purple birds in the desert?" Seigh-Ri asked.

"Purple birds? Seigh, there aren't any birds that I know of in the desert." Fang barked back up to her partner."Why do you ask?"

"There's one following me right now..."

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cashmoneyUknowit on December 30, 2007, 12:14:24 PM

cashmoneyUknowit on
cashmoneyUknowitcool.thats i gots to say.

rainbowfox16 on November 2, 2007, 3:00:49 PM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16OMG!! lol* That thing is annoying. Always yapping and so uppity!Urg! Good chappie by the way! FANG ROX OUT LOUD!

Lanayru on November 3, 2007, 5:32:54 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruLol, it's not that bird that your thinking of. That one's a bright pink. This one is neon purple, and it has more to it than what you think.
But that other bird is very annoying. "Play my game, oh its only for animals, squack!"