Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 63 - Too Much Trust Will Bring Heartache

Ok, this is a little something I made up while i was playin Twilight princess, (all rights reserved to Nintendo.)
It's about a girl who sides up with Link to deafeat Zant. I have lots of errors in the spelling section...

Chapter 63 - Too Much Trust Will Bring Heartache

Chapter 63 - Too Much Trust Will Bring Heartache

         Link felt the air of the shrine reach his fur coated skin. This place was holy, he knew. So Link approached with caution while Dusk and Midna kept silent. He padded slowly and soft as if traveling through a mine feild. Placing each foot down with presicion. The fog that clouded air seemed to bow to the blade's shinyness.

           When his paw touched the platform, there was a bright light and a mighty gust of wind and power. Dusk and Midna got blown off of him and went tubling through the air. Link ddug his claws into the surface fighting for the right to stand. Forcing each foot against gravity, he pressed his nose against the suprisingly warm metal of the flat side of the Master Sword. As soon as that happened, there was a engulfing light as if the sun rested within. Link shut his eyes to protect them and felt his body go numb. When the last of the engergy and light faded from existance, Link opened his eyes. He saw his green tunic and gloved hands. Human! He was human again!

           Midna and Dusk watched awestruck as Link gripped his hands on the majestic hilt and withdrew the sword with ease. It slid out with no sound adn as he raised the blade above his head, the fog cleared away, backing the shadows into the corners of the universe. Link sighed relief. The sword had chosen him...

"...Link..." Dusk murmured. "You did it!"

          Midna studied the object that began to form in her hand created by the darkness blown off of Link. Strands of red coursed through the small mass and it solidified into a "thing-a-mah-jig." As Lanaru called it. She peered at it letting it hover right above her fingertips. "Huh, so this is what was inside of you." Midna said as he approached. Link looked at, leaning closer, "Ah, ah, ah! Don't touch! Unless you want to get turned into a wolf again." She paused. "It'd be best if we just left it here... But it could come in handy. If we kept this, you could turn to and from Wolf form to Human form as often as you'd like, and I could warp you whenever. I say we should be thankful for this gift from Zant and use it against him." She sneered, the old evil flickering back in her eyes. but it only lasted a moment. "C'mon, lets get going! we need to find the Mirror of Twilight!" She said dissapearing into his shadow.

     Dusk looked down at the ground nervously, " Something's wrong... Something's coming..." He said.

"What?" Link said hoarsly; not used to using his voice suddenly.

"Nevermind, it's just my imagination probably." He said vanishing with Midna. Link shrugged and departed the shrine without looking behind him. The morning air was begining to turn warm. But once he past the staues that once lived, an eire, low moaning sound entered his ears. Up above, a red portal blinked to life with the fencing encasing him. Link took a step back, this wasn't good. Midna popped out of the ground.

"What's this?!" She said with shock as her fingers grazed the red barrier. "This isn't the normal magic that surrounds us when fighting Assasins!" She said wide eyed. Dusk came out next to her and brushed the surface, "Yeah, this is much stronger."

            Link turned away from him just in time to see a black, small comet crash land to the ground, barely making a dent in the soil. He gritted his teeth and drew his new and improved sword. The mass's black began to melt off, dripping into the ground leaving a coating on the grass. It began to twitch... and then quiver. Glowing red eyes glared alive as it's body began to function. With it's blood stained teeth snarling in a wicked smile, Link stared back ,trying to figure out what this creature was. A growl errupted from it's throat as the beast began to stand up. It had the form of a very large dog, and the face of a demon. It shook it's body relieving the ash from it's fur. With every shake, Link kept denying. With every time their eye's met, Link kept trying to think otherwise. He could see past the demonic face of the monster, he could see the twisted pain it was in. He saw the same little girl that was by his side as a puppy.  And as the last of the soot cleared away, the tawny and cream fur was unmistakable.

"... it's Lanaru..." He gasped takening a step forward, "It's her..."

"No Link! Don't fall for it! That isn't Lanaru! It's her possessed form! That is a Twilit Monster!" Dusk shouted. Link paid no heed.

      The savage head bared it's large fangs. It was even larger of your every day wolf. Link noticed that it was up to his chest in height. The possesed Wolf Lanaru roared and folded back her ears. She meant to kill. And she wasn't leavin without a fight. Following her barks of savageness, came the continous growls. her salavia driped from her teeth like blood from an open wound. Link could just picture it red.

     Link sheathed his sword and fell to one knee. "Lanaru... I don't want to fight you. I don't want you to get hurt... Please, listen to me..."

"NO!" Midna said getting in his face, "You can't stop her! Zant has cursed her in ways you can never hope of changing! As far as I'm concerned, there is no magic strong enough to unbind her!"

"I can see her... I can see her eyes... She needs help! She can be stopped!"

"Link, listen to me!" Midna gripped his shoulders, "You may be able to see her past all of the dark engergy, but this is a matter of the fate of the world! I don't like it either, but you have to forget about Lanaru for a while! She can only be saved by things we can't afford to waste our time on! We can only hope she'll find them on her own. But for now, fight!"

    Lanaru crept to her belly and stalked forward. She let out a frightful grin of her teeth and in a flash, she was charging to Link in a murderous rage. Link held up his sheild instinctively. And Lanaru's warning danced in his head. "Too much trust... Will bring you heartache..."

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

cashmoneyUknowit on December 30, 2007, 12:30:33 PM

cashmoneyUknowit on
cashmoneyUknowitthe new andimproved master sword! let us all bow to its shinieness! lol

aww...kick her @$$, Link! just think of all the times she must`ve wet your bed and carpet as a puppy!!

no i`m just kiddin, lol. but i guess u do have to fite. :(

rainbowfox16 on November 13, 2007, 1:18:41 PM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16...oh. I'm gonna cry...I know how true that is....*sniffs*

Lanayru on November 13, 2007, 7:15:27 PM

Lanayru on
LanayruNeed a tissue? *waves tissue in Rainbowfox's face*

OrdonHero555 on November 12, 2007, 7:03:46 AM

OrdonHero555 on
Comment Deleted

Lanayru on November 13, 2007, 6:43:34 AM

Lanayru on
LanayruAs long as you're content with the story, I'm fine with that.^^