Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 76 - Sols of Light

Ok, this is a little something I made up while i was playin Twilight princess, (all rights reserved to Nintendo.)
It's about a girl who sides up with Link to deafeat Zant. I have lots of errors in the spelling section...

Chapter 76 - Sols of Light

Chapter 76 - Sols of Light
Link followed the boy through winding passages and wide rooms, fending off any shadow beast that came his way. Jeno was stealthy, despite for his inexperience and age. Whenever an enemy did appear, it seemed that the kid just vanished from view to avoid injury. The hero was surprised that the boy had lasted this long on his own from all the commotion and from the looks of it, starvation. As the last of the shadow beasts fell and exploded into their usual red and black marks, Link rushed towards a flight of stairs that led to a hover-craft elevator of sorts.

Used to all this place's odd gadgets and gizmo's, the contraption lifted him up with Jeno behind him, Link his protective shield. The boy pointed out a cleft in the castle's depths, directing him to the next location without a word, as if worried that his voice would trigger a trap.

They dismounted and rushed through the passage, coming to an opening where a glowing orb rested at the far side. Link marveled at it's size and beauty, images of the light spirits coming to mind when starring at it. But it looked captive when he studied the crude, stone fingers that clutched it enviously.

Jeno tugged on the hem of the hero's tunic, pointing to the glowing Sol, whispering, "That's it. once you take it out, though, the hand will follow you... and try to take it back."

Link regarded his words carefully, motioning him to stay back, in case there were to be any mishappenings and unfortunate events. And sure enough, Link's instincts were right on the mark, for an arena similar to that of the time he fought Shadow beast came forth, encasing him in a red fence.

But, he saw no monsters to duel this time, and Jeno's nervous whimpers bounced off the walls eerily.

A holograph flickered to life suddenly, Link taking a startled jump back as he drew out his sword and shield, noticing that the form took on the appearance of Zant. Even with the mask covering his identity, Link still felt and pictured that this man was smirking at him.

“Welcome, O’ Great Hero,” the strangled voice mocked, “I do hope you’re enjoying your stay in my castle… Though, I’m afraid your visit has just been cut short!”

The Zant figure held up his sleeve, where a mass of energy formed, ready to smash him. Link parried when the mass was thrown at him, none too pleased when dark balls of dust exploded from it and took the stature of three Shadow Assassins.

The replica of Zant went into the back, his little posse coming to the front-lines.

Link grunted, thrusting his Master Sword through the chest of one beast as it tried to leap upon him, dispatching the others with a quick spin attack. Zant let out a frustrated hiss as the hero came forth to face him again.

Link held up his blade threateningly, saying in a booming voice, “Where’s Lanaru?”

No answer.

Link clenched his jaw. “What have you done to her?!”

Zant snorted, and formed another array of darkness, grunting, “She is not in my care any longer.”

Link hissed with rage and when the dark mass was hurled at him, he batted it away with a swipe of his sword. It bounced back and hit the holograph, making it spas out and generate error.

Jeno shouted from his spot at the entrance, “It’s his weakness Link! Do it again!”

The hero looked down at his blade with a nod of approval, waiting for Zant’s next move.


* * * * * * *

Larudo ushered them quickly through a door before it shut completely, huffing, “We’re almost there.”

Seigh-Ri and Fang nodded grimly, waiting for the woman to catch her breath before continuing. They had traversed most of the castle, and had also destroyed a many of the shadow vermin and Assassins along the way. Fang’s emotions had risen and fallen through many of these encounters, her feelings mixed with the pain of her younger counterpart.

Gods did she pray that they would be able to save her.

Larudo finally stood up proudly, pointing out a new direction. Seigh-Ri rushed past her little sister, her huge sword dragging with her, scraping the ground with the sheath’s point. Fang took the rear, curling her arm around her ribs so that she didn’t topple over with her feelings all rushing to her head. Her fang traced her bottom lip nervously, wondering what could await them from within this temple.

Annalee fluttered delicately between the two sisters, chirping warnings whenever the monsters of darkness appeared to them, Tail feather’s sweeping and flowing behind her.

The clone slowed down as the people in front of her stopped at a door. Larudo hissed and felt around for the way to open it. She knocked on a spot on the passage that clicked, making the door swing up. The group rushed in, a startled gasp from Fang as she saw the glowing orb at the far end of the room.

Seigh-Ri rushed forward, Fang on her heels. Larudo stayed put with Annalee, reaching her hand out as if that alone could stop them and shouted in warning, “Wait!”

But it was too late. The red fencing went up, and the two were locked inside. The image of Zant flickered to view and stated numbly, “I see now that you have taken my servant. After I defeat you… Lilth!” he barked, “You’re to report back to the prisons after this.”

Seigh-Ri took her two-hand sword and hefted it out of it’s sheath, growling, “You’re not taking my sister.”

Fang trembled and took on her wolf form, snarling menacingly at the holographic image.

Zant scoffed. “Sister?” It was hard to tell, but his head turned slightly towards Larudo. “Intriguing. Maybe I‘ll take you hostage and have you executed in front of Lilth‘s eyes.”

There was a squeak of fear from the girl at the doorway, but Seigh-Ri held firm and didn’t flinch, only narrowed her chocolate eyes dangerously. “Not happening.”

Zant snorted, “Well, then. I’ll just have to make fantasy reality.”

The mass formed in his palm, and Fang jumped back, hissing, “Seigh! You take on Zant, I’ll get the shadow beasts!”

As soon as her words were spoken, the monsters formed, Fang running to the first one she came across. Her teeth dug into their cold, wiry bodies, and after a few hard snaps of her teeth, one lay dead near her paws. She then tackled the other three around her with the magic force within her, sending a wave of Seppan energy to have them flown back to the red fence, where they were electrocuted to their deaths.

When Fang turned back to her companion, she had hit Zant a second time with one of his energy balls. His form hit the floor and Fang rushed over to help her as she ran to slash at the holograph. Zant skittered and teleported before they got that chance, recollecting behind them, an energy ball aimed and ready for Seigh-Ri. The young woman spun around at just the right moment, sword deflecting the blow not a second too soon.

It hit Zant square in the chest, and he stumbled in midair, then exploded. Fang watched eagerly as the red fencing went down, running excitedly over to the Sol.

Seigh-Ri grunted and came up with her Goliath blade, hitting the stone hand with the flat side of her sword. The orb fell to the polished floor, Seigh-Ri picking it up gingerly, tucking it securely under her arm.

“Let’s go!” she said through a clenched jaw, turning and running to her sister, whom had waited and watched the battle from afar, hands to her chest as if clutching the very fibers of their lives. She nodded when her sister caught up to them, opening the door right as the hand rumbled to life with red markings glowing. They head out, shutting the door to stall it.

But as they were half-way through the other room, they saw the hand come straight through the door. Fang yelped and scrambled on her paws, slipping dangerously on the smooth flooring.

Seigh-Ri pulled her forwards by her scruff, Fang returning human as she slid across. The trio and bird went into the next chamber, having Larudo guide them to the exit. Upon reaching the last room, Assassins lurked. Seigh-Ri paused with her companions, thinking fast.

She handed the Sol to Larudo, and drew out her blade ordering, “We’ll clear a path for you. When you get the chance, run outside, okay, sis?”

The raven-haired girl nodded as the two in front of her charged into battle. She heeded her sister’s words and ran for the door, dodging the claws of a monster with a squeal of surprise. Annalee squawked, flying high over the fighting and showing the Sol bearer to head over her way.

Larudo glanced up and obeyed without a word, diving through the chaos. She wasn’t sure how, but the door was just suddenly there. Not stopping to think how she had been able to survive all that, the woman pushed the door and it went up, her going outside as soon as she noticed the hand’s shadow only a few yards behind her.

Fang and Seigh-Ri ran from the pile of corpses they had created, jumping through the door as Larudo had began to close it.

They all begged for air and rested, until Fang rolled on her stomach and laughed good-humoured. “What a thrill ride!”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

matthespeedstar on January 28, 2009, 3:02:01 PM

matthespeedstar on
matthespeedstarC'mon guys! You can outrun those hands!

Lanayru on January 28, 2009, 9:09:12 PM

Lanayru on
LanayruFang and Seigh-Ri: We're running as fast as we can, kid!!! D8<

Link: Erm, guys...? We already made it out safely... o.o'

matthespeedstar on January 29, 2009, 12:38:00 AM

matthespeedstar on
matthespeedstar..... I was cheering you two on.