Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Waking Up

When Starfire sees a friend pass away, she fears for the safety of the others... and her sanity.(This is for nicole_titans contest... even though it might not seem that way at first.)

Chapter 6 - Waking Up

Chapter 6 - Waking Up


Chapter 6

Waking up



Starfire and Robin rushed to see who cried out and saw Beast Boy lying face down on the floor in his room. “Beast Boy!” Robin shouted as he rushed to see if Beast Boy was alright. Robin turned Beast Boy over so he was lying on his back, Beast Boy was limp and showed no signs of consciousness. There was a small mark on Beast Boy's neck, it looked as though he had just been given a shot.

Starfire got closer slowly, fearing the worst. Robin felt for Beast Boy's pulse for a sew seconds, but silently stood up and walked out of the room. “He's here… we have to get to him now!” Robin said as he walked. Robin took out his communicator and turned it on. “Raven, be on guard for an attack. We've got an intruder.” Robin said quickly as he rushed to the operations room.

Starfire stared quietly at Beast boy before hurrying to catch up to Robin, she swore that he would not meet the same end. Starfire was mad, almost blinded by her hatred of the villain who was taking away her friends. Starfire's hatred was made worse when The Sleeper's smug voice came across Robin's communicator. “It isn't nice to spread rumors about someone behind their back… I had to teach your pale friend that the hard way.” The Sleeper said with a laugh. He kept laughing for several seconds before clearing his throat and regaining his composure. “Give a message to your pretty red headed friend, will you kid.” The Sleeper said to Robin, acting as though they were friends. “Tell her I said that she should not fear anything I do from here on out… because you're going to finish her off for me.” The Sleeper said before laughing again.

Robin threw the communicator at the wall and shattered it into pieces, then he turned to Starfire. “I promise that I will end this… he's going to pay for his crimes.” Robin said as he clenched his fist. “We'll get through this no matter what!”

Starfire looked into Robin's eyes one more time before she took a deep breath and went to look for The Sleeper. “This will be my fight… You have to go find help.” Starfire demanded as she walked through the hall. Starfire didn't wait to hear Robin's comments, she wanted to make The Sleeper suffer for what he had done and nothing was going to stop her.

Starfire walked to the operations room and went to the table. “If you wish to destroy me, come and face me.” She said, knowing that The Sleeper was listening somewhere close by.

The Sleeper's laughter filled the room. “You must not have heard my message, I'm not the one you should be afraid of.” He said as he stopped laughing. “I've got others to do my dirty work now.”

Starfire looked around the room and tried to locate the origin of the sound, but was instead confronted by a large attacker. “This will not be enough to stop me! When I'm done with him, I'm coming after you!” Starfire shouted as she charged the attacker. Starfire jumped into the air and formed a star bolt in her hand. Starfire was ready to punch strait through the attacker, but she had to stop when she saw who it was. “No… you can't… but how?” Starfire said as the voices and strange noises flooded her mind again.

Cyborg stood over Starfire and watched her with a blank expression. The voices that she was hearing sounded more desperate, as though they were losing the fight and needed help. Starfire looked up at Cyborg and saw him pointing his sonic cannon at her. “I have my own ways of doing things… but it was quite difficult to get your friend moving again after I hit him with my death sleep powder.” The Sleeper said, sounding as though he was explaining a science fair project. “Tell me something… would you be able to watch your friend die again?” The Sleeper asked slowly, sounding like he wanted Starfire to carefully think about her situation. “If you don't fight, you die… if you do, your friend will die.”

Starfire was sitting and listening to the strange voices that were flooding her mind, they needed help. Starfire didn't know if what she was seeing was real, she didn't think it really mattered anymore. Starfire stood up and punched the arm that held Cyborg's sonic canon. With her star bolt, the punch was powerful enough to shatter the arm. “This can't be the real Cyborg… He would never be manipulated like this!” Starfire shouted as she punched Cyborg across the room. “You can't fight me using this imposter!”

The Sleeper stepped in to the room and shook his head. “This boy is Cyborg, you know it to be the truth… Maybe I did underestimate the limit of your strength.” The Sleeper said as he handed Cyborg a replacement arm. “Maybe your other friends will help.”

Just as The Sleeper finished speaking, Beast Boy and Raven rushed at into the room and attacked Starfire. Beast Boy transformed into a Kodiak bear and slashed at Starfire with his massive claws. Starfire tried to block the attack but found that she was unable to move, Raven was holding Starfire's arms with a strong dark aura. Starfire was smacked into the large window overlooking the city, leaving a large crack in the spot where she hit. Starfire tried to stand up, but Cyborg ran up to her and punched her back to the floor.

Starfire felt dizzy, her entire body felt heavy, she could barely keep her eyes open any longer. The voices that filled the room began to get quieter and began to sound distant. Starfire closed her eyes and tried to focus on the sound of the voices, they belonged to her friends, they were fighting someone. Starfire opened her eyes again and saw Robin trying to fight The Sleeper. Cyborg, Beast Boy , and Raven were standing over Starfire, about to finish her off. “Starfire!” Robin shouted, trying to get past The Sleeper to help her.

Robin jumped over The Sleeper and tried to run to Starfire but was hit by a sack of sand The Sleeper threw. Robin's body froze up and he fell to the ground. Starfire couldn't do anything but watch as everything happened. No matter how hard she tried, Starfire couldn't move. Starfire's three former comrades stood over her, all readying their final attack. Starfire closed her eyes and listened to the voices of her friends get farther and farther. “This isn't real… none of this can be the truth.” Starfire said to herself in a sigh.

Just as Starfire finished speaking, she heard on of the far away voices of her friends calling out to her. It was hard to distinguish what any of the voices were saying but she understood most of what was said. “Starfire! Starfire, please wake up.” Robin's voice called out. Starfire could hear the tone of panic in Robin's voice, she could instantly tell that he needed her.

Starfire opened her eyes and the tower, her friends, and The Sleeper were all gone. The only thing left was a white room and Robin, who was lying on the floor across from her. “Robin!” Starfire called out, tears running down her cheek. Starfire dragged herself over to Robin, feeling a strange numbness all over her body. “Robin… What is happening to us?” Starfire asked as she collapsed next to Robin.

Robin looked at Starfire and smiled at her, his voice called out to her again. Robin sounded more desperate now. Starfire felt very confused as she looked at the person in front of her. “It's time to wake up Starfire… everyone needs you.” Robin said as he reached over and ran his hand along Starfire's cheek to wipe away the tears.

Starfire began to understand everything that had been happening to her lately, a mix of many powerful emotions began to overwhelm her. “What should I do… how can I wake up?” Starfire asked through the tears.

Robin smiled. “Follow the voices of your friends, they will lead you back.” Robin said as his image began to fade.

Starfire smiled and leaned closer to Robin, kissing him softly as he disappeared and left her alone with the voices. The voices were getting loud again. “Don't worry… I'm on my way.” Starfire said as she closed her eyes and focused on the voices until she was certain she was right next to them.

When Starfire opened her eyes again she saw that Robin was crying over her, she could tell that he thought she was dead. “Robin… I'm okay.” Starfire said in a whisper.

Robin looked up and was silent for a moment before he hugged Starfire. “I thought you weren't going to wake up… I thought I lost you.” Robin said as he hugged Starfire.

Starfire hugged Robin for a moment before she remembered The Sleeper. “Is the fight over… are we victorious?” Starfire asked as she stood up to look around.

Robin shook his head. “No, the others are still fighting.” Robin said, just before Starfire went to find out what was happening.

Starfire looked down at Robin. “Stay here, I'm going to end this fight.” Starfire said forcefully as she walked away. Starfire saw The Sleeper fending of the others, he looked smug and proud of himself. “Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy, look out!” Starfire shouted as she focused all of her anger and strength into her hands and shot a giant star bolt at The Sleeper. “I will not let you hurt anyone else, not now, not ever again!” Starfire shouted as her star bolt sent The Sleeper through a wall.

There was a moment of silence as everyone looked from the smoking hole in the wall, where The Sleeper was, to Starfire. “Whoa… nice shot.” Beast Boy said to break the silence.

After the police had arrived to take The Sleeper to prison, the Titans all gathered outside the bank to talk. “You dreamed all that in only ten seconds?” Raven asked, sounding amazed. “I knew I felt something strange… but I didn't think it was anything like that.”

Cyborg looked put his hand on Starfire's shoulder and smiled. “There's no need to worry now.” Cyborg said as he flexed his arm. “You know I'm too tough to be hurt by a wimp like The Sleeper.” Cyborg said confidently.

Starfire hugged Cyborg, then Raven and Beast Boy, feeling glad her friends were safe. Then Starfire walked over to Robin, who seemed to want to hide his face from the others. “I'm glad you're safe Starfire. I don't know what…” Robin began, but was interrupted when Starfire grabbed his arm.

Starfire gave Robin a quick kiss on the cheek. “Thanks for leading me back.” Starfire said, smiling brightly.

Robin blushed and looked away. “I'm gad you're safe.” Robin said quietly. Starfire giggled and pulled led Robin over to the others.

Beast Boy took a deep breath. “Well, since breakfast was interrupted… how about I treat us all to pizza?” Beast Boy said, smiling at the others.

Cyborg jumped over to Beast Boy and tossed him on to his shoulder. “Let's go!” Cyborg said enthusiastically as he began to run off toward the pizza place. Raven sighed and walked after them.

Robin began to walk after them but stopped to look back at Starfire. “Are you okay?” Robin asked cautiously.

Starfire smiled and began to walk after them. “I'm fine Robin.” She said comfortingly. Starfire took a deep breath and looked around at all her friends and felt a tear run down her cheek. Starfire wiped away the tear, she couldn't help but feel overwhelming joy from seeing everything go back to normal. Starfire was relived to get a second chance at her perfect day, she ran over to Robin and took his arm so she could lead him over to the others.

The warm afternoon lingered for hours as the Teen Titans had fun and protected the town together as friends. The warm air cooled as the sun set and Titans went home to the giant T shaped tower. That night Starfire slept and dreamed that the next day would truly be perfect.



The End

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

terry_titanqueen on April 27, 2006, 9:51:19 AM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenOMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! i was wayyy..... wrapped in that!!!! u scared me when Beast Boy died!!! lol that was frickin alsome!!! that was... really.... good i just don't know what to say.... let me know if u get another story up or u finsh that other one.... well see ya byes!!!*-*