Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Strong Wills

A Princess must save her people with an awful choice or her race will perish.

Chapter 2 - Strong Wills

Chapter 2 - Strong Wills
The aging queen looked sadly at her daughter. At two hundred years, Queen Agreya still retained her beauty, her iron rule and her famous will. Eight hundred year old King Consort, Shuryan stood behind her plain chair, watching his headstrong daughter like a hawk.
The princess had passed her one hundredth birthday celebration a few suns ago, entering into the adult world of the Drosthnya. They were a bizarre race of Fayrie, Human and Elf...over the years, the human third had dwindled. Only the royal and noble Drosthnya carried the blood of their ancestors.
Muiyadell's grandmother had been human. Her grandfather, Janizled, an elf/fayrie cross.
"I won't!" said Muiyadell.
"Dear, you must. Creshen's mother was human. His father was human. He is a human." Agreya sighed. "You must marry him."
"Daddy!" whined Muiyadell.
Shuryan's golden eyes gleamed out at her. "Muiya, your mother is right. You must marry him to retain your right to the throne."
"Why can't I marry Elerin? We've been friends since I was twenty!" demanded Muiya. "Creshen is a BABY. He's only seventy."
"Elerin is promised to your cousin Muiya. You know that. Now stop acting like a child!" snapped Agreya, losing patience with her headstrong daughter. Unfortunately, that self-said daughter had also inherited her mother's famous will.
"Daddy!" cried Muiya. "Tell her..."
In this, Shuryan would not defend his daughter. "No Muiya. No."
Muiya stared helplessly at the pair for a moment, then dashed out of the room.
~
"Agreya." Shuryan turned his unnerving eyes on his mate. "You must not blame yourself. I was angry too. I wanted to marry one of my own. But I am happy now."
"Even though you are only King Consort to an immortal human?" asked Agreya bitterly.
"Yes. You are beautiful of heart and of body. I could not be happier," answered Shuryan. "She is headstrong and willful. So were you. So are you. Sweetheart, she will come around."
"I hope so," said the queen with a weary sigh. "I am so tired Shuryan!"
"I know my dear. I know."
"When she marries I can die and go join my family. So can you. I want to die Shuryan. I am weary of living and of ruling."
Shuryan was alarmed to hear his wife speak like this. When a Queen spoke fondly of Death, it would not be long till Chaos came.
"Agreya, you should not think of that. You must rule until your Time comes. If you admit defeat..."
"I am not admitting defeat. I am merely tired. Forgive me Shuryan. I must rest." The Queen of the Drosthnya wearily got to her feet and limply walked away.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment