Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

The story based on my characters. More chapters coming shortly.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1


Chapter 1



Elmjak sat stooped under the archway at the entrance to Salamandastron. Rain dripped of his cloak hood. Although a feast was being held inside the mountain fortress, he didn't care. The gatekeeper sucked happily on a wineskin full of ale that he had managed to pinch from the cellars. He grinned drunkenly, peering out into the dark, starless night. Beyond the mountain fortress was the edge of Mossflower woods; the tree tops tossed and swayed, whipped by the wind. Elmjak squinted through the rain. “Could `ave sworn I -”. He stopped short, seeing movement again. A figure stumbled out onto the path. Beneath a tattered black cloak, it seemed a terrible, shadowy creature.

“Vermin…” whispered the squirrel gatekeeper and ran to the door, swinging it wide open. He ran down the torch-lit corridor. In his frenzy, he ran straight into his sister, Fuin, who had been brining a plate of food to his post. Plates, cups, food, and drink crashed to the floor. “Vermin at the gate!” yelled Elmjak, continuing sprinting down the hall.

“Drunken fool,” muttered Fuin, scooping up the broken dishes. “That's the third time this week that he's spoke of enemies at the gate, and each time there's no -”. She stopped suddenly, seeing that the door was still open. As she got up to close it, something outside caught her eye. She wrapped her shawl closer around her and stepped out into the rain. There's something lying out on the path. She runs out to it, and stooping down, she turns it over and gasps. It is a haremaid, but not from Salamandastron. She's very thin and badly injured. Fuin scoops up the helpless creature, who is surprisingly light. “I only hope I've found her in time…” The hare moans softly.

“Help…me…” she says, and goes limp.

“Don't worry. You're among friends now. . I only hope I've found her in time…”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tane on March 12, 2006, 12:27:18 AM

Tane on
Tanewow! i like stories! ill be reading this again! your spectacular at drawing, and writing! good job.