Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4

The story based on my characters. More chapters coming shortly.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4




The haremaid blinked at Birch. “Wha - what?”

“What's you name?” questioned Birch. The haremaid was obviously confused and frightened. She looked around the room before returning her gaze to Birch.

“Pe - Pe - Pennybrite.” she said. “But who are you? Where am I?”

Birch sat back down on the bed. Penny was about his age, and he could only imagine what she was feeling. He knew he would be scared too. “I'm sorry,” he said smiling, “You must be very confused. My name is Birch. This is the infirmary of Salamandastron, the great mountain fortress of our current badger ruler, Lady Daerose.” Somebody knocked at the door. Birch got up and opened it and bowed lowly. “Ah, Lady Daerose, welcome! I was just talking about you.” A squirrelmaid, who was carrying a bundle of laundry, peeped out from behind the badger. Birch looked at her nonchalantly. “Hey Fuin.” he said. Fuin put her hand on her hip.

“Aren't ya gonna bow to me to?” she said, and slapped him playfully with one of the folded sheets. Lady Daerose stepped into the room. She was not as large as most badgers, but was still a powerful figure. Her eyes were an unusual violet gray, like the calm after a storm. She turned to address Pennybrite.

“Good morning! I'm glad to see you well.”

“Thank you,” said Penny. “I can't thank you enough for your kindness.”

“Well, the credit should really go to young Fuin here.” She motioned to the young squirrelmaid. Fuin was a pretty squirrel, with unuasual golden-brown fur and green eyes. “She's the one that found you out on the path the other night. `Twas her who carried you here.”

Birch pulled Lady Daerose aside. “Come, I must speak to you outside.” he said, and they went out into the hall.

Fuin kneeled beside the bed. Penny turned to her. “Thank you. I would have died if it weren't for you,” she said softly. “I owe you my life.”

Fuin smiled and hugged the haremaid. “You're a good creature, Penn. I know you would have done the same for me.” She handed a bundle of clothes to Pennybrite. “These are some of my clothes, but you can have them. They might be a little to small for you, your so thin. When's the last time you had a good hot meal?”

Penny patted her stomach “Huh, much too long my friend.” She said, smiling thinly.

“Well then, let's get you out of those rags and into some fresh clothes. Then I'll take you down to the main hall for dinner. Salamandastron is well known for it's good food.”



………………………………………………………………………..



Lady Daerose turned the medallion over in her hand, reading the inscription on the back. She could hardly believe it. “So she's really one of them…I thought the Moonsparrows died out long ago. No one's seen or heard from them for so long.” She shook her head in amazement.

“I didn't even know they were real.” Birch said to her. “But If they are real, than perhaps she's realy the last…” The door beside them opened, and out stepped Penny, freshly clad in a sky blue tunic and a flowing dark blue skirt, secured around the middle with a black sash. Birch thought she was the most beautiful haremaid he had ever seen, and blushed when she smiled at him. Lady Daerose placed the medallion back around the haremaid's neck and put her huge paws on Penny's shoulders.

“Welcome to Salamandastron, Pennybrite Moonsparrow!”


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment