Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 5

The story based on my characters. More chapters coming shortly.

Chapter 6 - Chapter 5

Chapter 6 - Chapter 5




The dinner that night was held in Pennybrite's honor, and there was feasting and storytelling. News of a creature from the Moonsparrow clan in Salamandastron had spread throughout the mountain. Hares who had been brought up on tales of such creatures were excited that such a creature was among them. Penny, however, was not fond of attention and preferred the company of Birch and Fuin rather than a thousand curious hares.

Pennybrite sat at the table alongside her new friends, who were both spooning heaps of different foods onto her plate.

“Mmmm, you've got to try this one Penn, leek and mushroom turnover, my favorite!” Fuin said, plopping an enormous serving on her plate.

Birch handed her a bowl. “Try some of this! My mum's apple and hazelnut fruit salad. Particularly good with a nice bit of meadow cream…”

“Huh, not sure what this is, but it looks good. Here's some for you Penny.”

Penny laughed at her friends. “You realize I'll never be able to finish all this food, don't you?” Presently, a haremaid who was about three years older than Penny sat down across from Birch. She grabbed a scone from his plate, shoving half of it in her mouth. Fuin scolded her.

“Torrileep, chew your food! That's disgusting.”

Birch rolled his eyes. “That's my sister for you.” Torrileep swallowed, glaring at Birch. She reached across the table and grabbed a beaker of cordial, sipping from it pensively. She nodded to Penny.

“Who's your friend, Birch?”

“This, Torri, is Pennybrite Moonsparrow, and that's her cup you're drinking from!”

Torrileep coughed, sputtering cordial everywhere. “Oh, corks! I'm so sorry miss! Sooo sorry…” She wiped cordial up off the table.

Penny smiled at Torri. “No, really,`s alright. Please to meet you. You're Birch's sister?”

Torri nodded. “I've heard so much about you, but I never thought I'd get to meet you. It's a pleasure.”

Pennybrite, Birch, Fuin, and Torrileep laughed and talked the night away, and Penny shared with them her story of how she had come to Salamandastron.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment