Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Rare Cadavar

After Shadow decided she'd had enough on her own planet, after the incident at the Prytchard Facility, she moved planets and got a job in an underground city.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 4 - Rare Cadavar

Chapter 4 - Rare Cadavar
Shadow heard the shower running and she pulled back the heavy curtain that seperated the wash area from the rest of the cylindrical concrete dwelling, and found Ode, his pale green scale dappled skick slick with water and soap.

''Didn't you shower at the club?'' Shadow grunted.
''Neon Junction has three showers and there's five members of After Shock. And anyway, the club's showers are crap and mine still isn't fixed.''
His green, slit pupilled eyes swivelled to look down at her swollen wrist.
''What the hell happened to you?'' He said.

''Meyark's Hydrar crossed the line and I did it teaching the bastard a lesson.'' Shadow grunted.
Before she could walk away, Ode grabbed her and pulled her into the shower with him.
''What the fu-! My clothes are getting soaked!'' She said in near dismay and fell silent as she watched his long, lizard-esque fingers gently trace across her wrist bone.
He slicked back a few loose strands of bright green mohawk and grinned inanely as Shadow moved her hand about without wincing in pain.
He wrapped his arms around her and lowered his head to lick her neck.

''I appreciate you healing my wrist, Ode, but not now.'' She said, pushing him off and stepping out of the shower.
''Aw. I always get my damned timing wrong.''
''Sorry, but I really need to change.''
She drew the curtain and pulled her wet clothes off. She felt her nones and muscles start to change as the dark blue scales on her neck and down her sides started to dominate her pale body, turning solid as they did so.

Three minutes later, and her change was complete.
She crouched in the middle of the floor with her wings wrapped around her, panting for breath. She stood up as straight as she could, flaring her wings slightly to try and keep her balance.
''Hey, you're getting pretty good at the whole bipedal thing.'' Ode said grinning at the hunched blue Weredragon.
She growled at him.
''Okay, fine. Sorry. Bring me back something good!'' He shouted up into the long shaft in the roof which Shadow was quickly skittering up.


She pushed the metal cover aside and looked about, inhaling the sweet forest air deeply.
Just a few metres away, a herd of black spotted Deer were looking around nervously, fully aware of the presence of a predator, but not sure where it was.
Shadow licked her lips and carefully crept through the undergrowth, her wings curled in tight, and tongue flicking in and out of her maw as she tasted the air, closing in on her lunch.

The Deer suddenly became more skittish as something in another bush moved.
Shadow picked up the scent of another, smaller predator and took her chance, leaping into the herd, taking down a stag.
It bucked and kicked underneath her, but she had her fangs and claws dug deep into it's warm flesh. It cried out and fell to the forest ground in a growing pool of hot blood.
The smaller predator lept out from it's hiding place in the bushes and landed on Shadow's hard carapice.

She whipped the creature off her with her tail and roared at it as it recovered, blood dripping from her cruel teeth, sending the smaller creature racing off into the undergrowth leaving her to finish her meal in the night time hush of the forest.


She studied the carcass of the stag and bared her fangs in an evil grin as she looked into the dead, staring eyes of the mauled creature.
She flared her wings and hauled the remains of the bloody carcass into the air and made for Tillie's house which was half a mile away south, directly above the Neon Junction night club.

Several spot lights flickered on and alarms sounded as Shadow flew through the perimiter with the carcass in her grip.
She quickly and carefully slinked around the side of the big house and dumped the carcass on the front porch and took off, beating her wings as hard as she could to gain height fast.

Far below her, a scream of terror ripped through the night air making Shadow choke down a roar of glee and success, unwilling to let the Humans know that she was still in the area.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment