Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Bob-Ombs Away!

First fan fic ever! =O

Nintendo stuff (c) Nintendo
Shelly, Lee, Kev, Bau, Karmella (c) me

Chapter 3 - Bob-Ombs Away!

Chapter 3 - Bob-Ombs Away!
Shelly left the town behind and started making her way towards the location marked on the map that the Magikoopa had given her. She figured that the easiest route would be through the forest, bypassing the mountains.


She carefully made her way through the forest, keeping as close to the stream that wound through it, as possible.

Squirrels, birds and various other creatures chattered away happily in the thick tree canopy above her. Streaks of orange light filtered down into the forest, lighting small areas of the ground.
As she walked, she could feel hundreds of tiny eyes watching her. Bushes and trees started rustling more and more in a non-existant breeze. Shelly looked around and picked up her pace, walking as quickly as she could without tripping over anything.

''If you're trying to frighten me again Bau, it's not working.'' She lied.
She stumbled backwards suddenly and yelped when she landed heavily on the forest floor. A small, furry black creature with large eyes stared up at her from her lap and fidgeted. An explosion echoed through the forest and the creature screamed madly and attacked her, scratching and pulling at her grey fur.

Shelly screamed and rolled about on the mossy ground, trying desperately to dislodge the creature. She screamed again as more of them jumped at her, seemingly from nowhere, piling on top of her, smothering her. She could feel herself tiring quickly as they scratched and gnawed at her, but she refused to give up. Another explosion, this one closer, shook her, almost deafening her. The creatures scattered when they heard the explosion and retreated back into the forest, leaving the grey Panther curled up on the forest floor gasping for breath.

The world spun around her and she felt weak and light headed. A strange bubbling chirp beside her drew her attention and she felt herself being gently pulled into a sitting position. Her head spun nausiatingly and she squeezed her eyes shut, desperately trying not to be ill.
''Here, take this.'' Said a soft male voice.

Shelly felt the lip of a bottle gently press against her lips and the sweet scent of honey filled her nostrils. Her stomach growled hungrily and she drank the offered honey, the thick, gooey liquid sliding down her gullet.

''Whut 'appened?'' She burbled, feeling her strength returning.
''You were attacked by a pack of Fuzzies. They latch onto their prey and drain them of their energy. Luckily for you, I was around with my bag of Bob-Ombs.''

Shelly looked at her rescuer, squeeked in horror and fell over sideways.
''My appearance isn't that shocking, is it?'' The grey and black spikey Koopa said and pulled her upright again.
Shelly gaped for a moment, struggling to find words. ''What are you?'' She eventually said with caution.

''A freak of nature is the easiest way of putting it.'' He replied openly, with a grin.
''What's the not-so easy way of putting it?''
The Koopa chuckled. ''My mum was an underground Koopa and my dad was a Spikey. What about you? I thought your lot were extinct.'' He said, eyeing her up.
''Extinct?'' Shelly sputtered.
''Yeah, your lot helped to protect this land millions of years ago. They lived in a hidden city.''

Shelly raised her eyebrows and laughed.
''Oh I wish.'' She giggled. ''Be better than my current life story.''
She sighed and recalled what Karmella had said about her not belonging.
''Ok, forget what I said. I'm a bit of a useless information geek sometimes.''
Shelly smiled and stood up, brushing herself off and picked her bag up.
''Uhm... What direction you going in?'' She asked after a pause.
''Eh, either way. I'm a wanderer. I ain't got nothing better to do. Why? Need company?''
Shelly hesitated then nodded.

''Alright, lead on then! .... Er, what's your name by the way?''
''Shelly.''
''Kevin. But I prefer Kev.''
''Oh, and thanks for saving me.'' Shelly said coily.
''Welcome.'' The Koopa grinned. ''Now, where're we going?''
Shelly pulled out her map and showed it to Kev.

''I'm after that power star. It belongs to a Magikoopa called Karmella. Without it, I can't get home.'' She sighed. ''Oh god! Lee!''
''Lee?''
''My husband. I've probably just destroyed his chances of getting that promotion!'' She whimpered.
''Husband?'' Kev said in shock. ''You look a tad too--''
''Young. I know. I look like I'm ten. When I came here, everything changed.''
Kev looked thoughtful for a few moments.

''What?'' Shelly asked suspiciously.
''Interesting... The last incident like yours happened exactly one thousand years ago today.''
''So...? What happened to them? Did they get home? Did they-'' She paused, halting herself.
''Find what they were looking for?'' ev said, finishing her last question then shrugged. ''Dunno. There's not much about it in the history books.''

Shelly gaped at him.
''North's this way.'' Kev said suddenly, breaking the silence and started walking.
''Well, d'you know what species they were?'' She asked hopefully.

''Some kind of Feline I think. I do know they were female and claimed to be twenty six.'' He said and stepped over a protruding root. ''There's a cave just down here where we can stay the night.''
''How long d'you think it'll take to get to the star's location?''
''Couple of days, assuming nothing goes horribly wrong.''

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FlameShadow on May 13, 2008, 6:38:08 AM

FlameShadow on
FlameShadowVery clever. *fave*