Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Not yet a Sailor Soldier

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 1 - Not yet a Sailor Soldier

Chapter 1 - Not yet a Sailor Soldier
Princess Meow sat on the window ledge and looked out at the sky. Through the thin atmosphere of her home moon Meow, she could see the Planet Mau, a lush green planet inhabited by a race of human-feline hybrids known as Mauans. Aside from Meow, Mau had another sattalite called Nya, a barren and desolate moon with few inhabitants.
Suddenly a golden light flashed across the sky. Meow was brought out of her trance and watched as the golden light seemed to touch Nya, and then it faded. She wondered if her aunt, Queen Nya was expecting a visitor. She also spared a thought for her cousin Nyanko, who Meow got along well with, but didn't know very well.

Tiny padded footsteps allerted Meow to the presence of Adam, a small kitten with dark brown fur.
"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout Meow?" he asked as he jumped up onto the window ledge next to her.
"Nothing," Meow andswered dismissively, "Everything. I don't know." Adam bowed his head solemnly.
"Be strong, my Princess."

It had been two days since Meow's mother, Queen Meow had been diagnosed with an unidentifiable disease. Maua, the queen of the planet Mau had come to the Meow Palace, bringing the finest doctors in all of Mau to examine Queen Meow. But Queen Mau had been whisked away home when Meow's mother's condition had been diagnosed as "life-threatening and malignant". The palace attendants hadn't even let Meow near her mother.
There was a knock at the door.

"Mama?" Meow jumped up and ran to the door, flinging it open. Her face fell when she saw Nek, her mother's advisor. But Nek was in human-form, rather than her usual cat-form. She had long blue hair and bright golden eyes. At twenty, Nek was five years older than Meow.
"You know the rules, Meow. With your mother..." Nek's voice faltered, "Well, now you're the guardian of Meow, we can't let any harm come to you."
"That's a joke." Meow said bitterly, "I don't even have my own Transformation Brooch. I'm not a Sailor Soldier."
"But you were born with a Sailor Crystal. That makes you a Sailor Soldier. And besides, your mother has entrusted you with this." Nek held out her hand to Meow, who did the same. She hesitated when she saw what was in Nek's hand, but only for a second. She grabbed the small mirror from Nek and turned and ran, her heart heavy with the finality that accepting the crystal held.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

swampertgirl0504 on November 25, 2007, 5:45:48 PM

swampertgirl0504 on
swampertgirl0504awesome!