Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

The Young Ones finally make it home, but accidentally find themselves in the early 41st Century. Now they must team up with Thundarr The Barbarian, Ookla The Mok, and Princess Ariel in order to set things straight.

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five
Chapter Five

Some time later, the nine companions are sitting on the floor of what was once Eric's family room. There's a large fire roaring gayly in the fire place, giving them warmth and light. Hank and the others tell Thundarr, Ariel, and Ookla all about The Realm, how they got there, and about the many adventures they'd had in that other world. In return, Ariel tell them all she know about the history of Earth from The Cataclysm of 1994 to present time. Then Thundarr tells them of how he'd met Ariel and Ookla, how they'd escaped the stronghold of the wizard Sabien, and of the adventures they've had since. For the most part, Hank, Sheila and the others took the news quite well.

"Two thousand years," groans Eric, "We finally make it back home, and we're two thousand years in the future."

"More like two thousand ten years," interjects Presto, "When we left it was only 1983. If we did make it back to the correct year, we'd be dead after only ten years when that comet comes."

"But everything's gone!" Shouts Eric, "My stereo, my TV, my VCR, my Atari, my comic book collection, my records! Everything! It's all gone!"

"Is that all you can think about Eric?" Shouts Bobby, " what about all the other stuff the rest of us were trying to get back to? Our friends! Our parents! Even our school! Everything's gone! All of it! Gone! What are we gonna do Hank? What are we gonna..." Then he begins to cry.

Ookla gently lays a hand on Bobby's shoulder to try and comfort him. Bobby buries his face in Ookla's massive chest and just begins sobbing. Ookla wraps his arms about Bobby and just let's him cry, while Uni comes up and tries to comfort her friend by nuzzling his hand. Thundarr looks upon the young barbarian with empathy. He'd never felt pity for anyone before but he felt a strange kinship for this boy, as though they're a kindred spirit.

"How can we help?" He asks Hank.

"I'm not sure if you can," replies the ranger.

"How'd we end up traveling through time anyway?" Asks Presto.

"That's a good question," replies Ariel, "What can you tell me about how you got back to Earth?"

"Well," says Sheila, "Dungeon Master sent us to find a map which he said would lead us to a way home. We retrieved the map, and sure enough it had directions to a portal home. But as usual, when we got there Venger was waiting for us to try and take our magic weapons. He started firing magic bolts at us as we tried to enter the portal. Eric saved us, using his Griffin Shield to summon a magical force field around us. Venger got angry, even more so than usual, and hit Eric's shield with a blast so powerful that he knocked us all through the portal. Then we wound up here, in the year 4000."

"Well," says Ariel, "if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the offensive magic of Venger's spell combined with the defensive magic of Eric's shield and interacted with the transdimensional magic of the portal, causing you to travel not only through space but also time."

"So now what are we gonna do?" Whines Eric, "We spend over a year trying to escape one whacky world full of wizards, monsters and all sorts of strange stuff, only to return home to find it's been turned into a whacky world full of wizards, monsters and all sorts of strange stuff."

"What do you suggest Ariel?" Asks Hank.

"The way I see it, you all have three choices," she says, "One, you can stay here and start your lives anew here in the year 4000. Two, you can go back through the portal and return to The Realm where you can wait out The Cataclysm before returning home. Or three, you can return to your own time and hope to survive The Cataclysm 10 years later."

"Are you saying you can send us back to our own time?" Asks Hank.

"Not on my own," she replies, "but there are magical devices that allow time travel. My stepfather has one in his tower."

"Well what are we waiting for?" Cries Eric, "Call him up and ask him if we can use his time machine!"

"It's not that simple," says Ariel.

"Why not?" Asks Presto.

"Because my stepfather is not a very nice person."

"He is a wizard," adds Thundarr, "vile and wicked."

"But isn't Ariel a wizard too?" Asks Bobby.

"I'm a sorceress," replies Ariel, "there's a difference."

"Oh," says Bobby.

"I don't know about you guys," says Eric, "but I wanna go home."

"I agree," says Hank, "How about you guys?"

They all nod there heads in agreement.

"Very well then," says Thundarr, "everyone get some sleep. We leave at first light."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Thundarr on April 24, 2011, 1:05:00 PM

Thundarr on
ThundarrAriel's stepfather, Sabian, was created by one of the show's writers, Buzz Dixon. He was never used in the show as an antagonist, or even mentioned by name. However, you can find information on Thundarr's back story on www(dot)thundarr(dot)com.

Falconlobo on April 24, 2011, 11:18:20 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobois her stepfather an oc?