Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chapter Ten

The Young Ones finally make it home, but accidentally find themselves in the early 41st Century. Now they must team up with Thundarr The Barbarian, Ookla The Mok, and Princess Ariel in order to set things straight.

Chapter 10 - Chapter Ten

Chapter 10 - Chapter Ten
Chapter Ten

Thundarr, Ariel, Ookla, and their six young charges ride their horses across the ruined landscape. Whenever they camp for the night, Ariel spends much of her time training Presto in the art of sorcery. Thundarr and Bobby have become similarly close. Thundarr would train Bobby in combat, using stout wooden clubs they'd find lying around while searching for firewood. Thundarr even lets Bobby win occasionally so he won't feel like he's not improving. Meanwhile Ookla and Hank have become quite friendly, despite the language barrier. Hank finds Ookla to be a fine archery instructor. Through simple sign language, pantomiming, and demonstration, Ookla is able to greatly improve Hank's archery skill.

Eventually they come upon a farming community. This is their last stop before continuing to Sabian's stronghold. These farmers are forced to give nearly all of their crops to the wizard, while they practically starve to death. They have no love for Sabian, and happily give the heroes shelter for the night. Hank tells the farmers that they may keep the six black horses in exchange for providing them with shelter for the night. That night, Thundarr, Hank, and the others sit around the loft in the barn and discuss their plans for the following day.

"So how are we gonna break into the tower?" Hank asks.

"There is a secret entrance," Thundarr tells them, "It was how Ariel, Ookla, and I escaped from Sabian's tower."

"Doesn't he know it's there?" Sheila asks.

"He may," answers Ariel, "it's been several years since our escape. But it's also much safer that going in through the front door."

"Thundarr," says Bobby, "can you do me a favor?"

"What is it Bobby?" Thundarr asks.

"I can't take Uni back to Old Earth with me," Bobby says, "Can you take her back to the amusement park and send her back through the portal to her own world? She'd never survive here on her own."

"It's the least I can do for a fellow barbarian," Thundarr says, "Consider it done."

"So when are we gonna go in?" Sheila asks.

"Tomorrow night," says Thundarr, "when most of his mutant guards and human slaves are asleep. We may still have to deal with his robot guards, but they are limited in their abilities and are easily beaten."

"So what are we gonna do until then?" Asks Eric.

"Get some rest," replies Ariel, "it's been a long ride and we're going to need to be bright and alert when we're sneaking into my stepfather's palace."

They all settle in for one last nights sleep before returning home. Elsewhere, Sabien and Venger are staring into Sabien's scrying pool, listening to every word.

"So," says Venger, "they are planning to come tomorrow night."

"And we will be waiting for them," says Sabien.

"Why not go after them now?" Asks Shadow Demon.

"There are too many ways they can escape capture in that barn," explains Venger, "Better to let them think they're succeeding, then trap them in the tunnels with nowhere to run."

"Exactly," agrees Sabien, "Tomorrow night, we shall both have everything we desire."

Venger grins evilly, "Power, and revenge!"

All three of them then share in an evil laugh.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Falconlobo on April 25, 2011, 9:31:29 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobouh oh sneaky evil