Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - La, La, La

A SHORT one-shot inside Lucy's mind.

Chapter 1 - La, La, La

Chapter 1 - La, La, La
La, La, La --REDITED--
Genre: General/Drama
Anime: Elfen Lied
I OWN nothing. D:
Everything I hear now is that melody...everything. Stunning, really, how such a simple thing can cause so much pain and suffering, while at the same time, creating an equal amount of happiness on hope. Locked away inside the darkness for so long, I my memory faded, faded into an empty pit of hate and lust, lust for destruction. And yet, out of all the trials, one thing I remember... beating inside my skull like a cancer spreading inside of me, I can't stop hearing it. La, la, la. It intrigues me. The rhyme of it so simple, but yet it holds so much within it's depths... the joy of just living itself, the hope for humanity, hope for my kind, but yet, overwhelming sadness is hidden deep within itself. In so many ways, it is me.
Days inside of the hell-like captivity I have not a thing more to do than ramble endlessly, on and on, about the reason this song haunts me. The only link to my childhood, the rest I have locked away somewhere inside of my memory, something best forgotten. But there is that everlasting curiosity of what made me this way, how I ended up here, and what exactly I am. For years I have tried to uncover these things, while at the same time, holding myself back from the truth. All I can remember, still after all this time, is the melody...and...and...a boy. My surroundings are blurry. So blurry. Despite my inability to see anything around me, the song beats so clearly, so loudly. Then I see the boy, he turns, and begins to start to leave, fading into nothing, just like everything else. I feel like he's the link. The link to my past, he must be! Whenever I see his figure, so many feeling rush inside of me. Love, happiness, hate, jealousy, sadness, lust. Just like the music box. The one he's always holding. The one that always chimes the rheme of La, la, la. There are still so many thing's I don't understand, so much I want to know. So much I don't want to know. Only one thing I am sure of... I have to get out of here. That will be the start of it all. The start of discovery, the start of bloodshed, the start of me.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ruroni_Otaku on July 23, 2006, 11:03:26 AM

Ruroni_Otaku on
Ruroni_OtakuThat was amazing. Great work.