Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - First Adventure

This is all I have. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to do next.

Chapter 7 - First Adventure

Chapter 7 - First Adventure
“Kaykay, we’re a party. Ooh, I can’t wait to battle my first monster! Let’s see if we can find any other players to form a party with us,” she told him, pulling him towards a mass of players. “There’s a mage over there! Want to ask him? Says that his name is Shadeflare. Probably going to second-tier as a dark mage. He would be very useful to our party. I can’t attack well as a bard, but I offer good support and my first song is a defense song. Mages start off with a zapping spell and I think warriors start off with an ability that increases their attack for a minute. Everybody has a basic attack, so I’ve been wondering what mine looks like considering I only carry a harp or guitar…”

“Don’t you ever stop talking?” Xonder frustratedly asked.

“Nope!” Melody replied.

“I should have seen that coming,” Xonder laughed.

“Shadeflare! Want to form a party with us?” Melody inquired, pulling on the boy’s sleeve. Xonder realized that Melody had maneuvered him carefully through the crowd. The boy turned in his dark robes and looked at the pair.

“A warrior and a bard. Why should I join you?” he darkly asked her.

“Easy. As a mage, you have low defense. I can offer to create a shield and increase your defense. And the warrior is in case you don’t join me. I need somebody who can attack. Bard stats are terrible,” she explained.

A smile flashed across his face. “At least one of you isn’t just a pretty face,” he sneered.

“I resent that! I’m stuck with a bard who never stops talking!” Xonder yelped. “Besides, rushing into battle without a second thought is standard warrior procedure. You die or your opponent does. If you rush in first, your opponent can’t think either.”

Shadeflare crossed his arms. “Sure. I can always use someone to make a kill easier. But if you die, I get your experience. Which one of you is the group leader?”

Xonder waved his hand awkwardly. “I am. Only because I don’t know how to receive party invites,” he added sheepishly.

“If you want the party to stay together, then send me an invite already,” Shadeflare commanded impatiently. “The portal’s gonna open soon.”

Xonder sent the invite and heard the confirming ding a few seconds later. “We can target the portal from here to get to it. We don’t have to walk up to it,” he informed Shadeflare.

“Interesting tidbit. Where did you hear that?”

Melody answered the question before Xonder could. “He got the info from a Betar. She pulled him up a wall from the shop-covering.” Shadeflare snorted.
Xonder looked up above their heads.

“Uh…guys…Portal’s opening…”

They both turned towards it, as a dark twinkles appeared in the area designated as “Portal Send-off”. The whole crowd was looking.

“Get ready to target it,” Shadeflare ordered. “If you target it, we’ll be able to follow you.” As soon as a portal reached full size, a crowd stampeded towards it.

Xonder targeted the portal. “Portal, enter.” His sight grayed and shifted.

When it recolored, he found himself in a dense forest. Melody and Shadeflare materialized soon after.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment