Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Things have been different...

This is all I have. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to do next.

Chapter 14 - Things have been different...

Chapter 14 - Things have been different...
Xonder got out of his chair and cleaned his dishes, sticking them in the dishwasher. Silvia cleaned up the pots, scrubbing them with a rough sponge to get all the bits out after she poured the excess pasta into plastic containers for leftovers. Xonder trotted upstairs to grab his pajamas before heading into the bathroom down the hall. His sister was back in her room studying as he came out with his wet hair dripping on the carpet. He knocked on her door.

“Bathroom’s open,” he called. He heard her get up from her own computer and walk over to the door. She nodded tiredly, opening the door. Xonder tried to get into her room, but she pushed him out like always. All he saw at the computer was lines of code.

“Go to your room, Xond. You need to sleep. Don’t you have a test tomorrow in Geometry?” She grinned playfully as Xonder scowled. “Study or sleep. No more videogames for the rest of the night, remember that now. I don’t want to see you get a C on an exam just because you fell asleep halfway through it.”

He turned around and waved her off, heading back to his room and grabbing his geometry textbook. He read over the chapter that the class was going to be tested on. He then forcefully plopped back on his bed, right as his sister walked in. Her hair was curled around her shoulder, dry and having a brush run through it.

“Anything wrong, Xond?”

He sighed. “Things have really been different since Mom left. We rarely see Dad anymore, he’s so busy at work.”

She stopped brushing her hair. “I know, but we have to work through it. We don’t stop living our lives because someone we cared for was stopped. We keep moving on, but we always remember them. Besides, you have me!” She twirled and posed comically, enough so that Xonder would laugh. She stepped back towards the door. “Good night, Xonder. No more delaying.” She turned off the light as he put his book down. She left his door open a crack and went downstairs to turn the lights off down there before returning to her own room.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment