Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Wake up

a story i am writting while i am supposed to do homework... i really don't like homework

Chapter 4 - Wake up

Chapter 4 - Wake up


“How, this is some messed up kind of Heaven, I never imagined it as a sterile room with a whole bunch of computers.” said the boy on the bed.

“Who ever said that you would go to heaven, Amariel?” asked a figure walking into the room.

“This can't be heaven, Raven would never be able to gain access there,” said Amariel to himself, making sure the girl could hear him. He attempted to sit up. A low moan escaped his lips and he sank back down on the bed.

“Very funny, but I think that defeating Trigon does deserve some reward.” Raven said digging in a cabinet, looking for something.

“So you avoided the prophecy, I'm impressed. If you tell me how you did it I might avoid my terrible fate.” Amariel said with a hint of astonishment in his voice.

“I didn't avoid it, I let it happen then I banish my father back to his little curse. It was actually pretty hard, so I don't recommend it,” said Raven, walking towards Amariel with something in her hands. “Drink up, it will help with the pain.” She said handing over a paper cup.

Amariel looked at it's contents and sighed, “Do I have to?” he asked. The slushy greenish liquid was the peak of disgusting.

“Unless you want to lay on your back for the rest of your life you will drink it.” Said Raven, crossing her arms in front of her.

“Fine,” muttered Amariel as he downed the entire cup. “Wow that feels way better!” he said blinking in amazement.

“You didn't think I sat on the universe's second greatest spells and potions archive twiddling my thumbs, did you? Now go take a shower, you looked like some thing coughed you up,” she said pointing towards a door on the wall behind her.



Once he got into the bathroom he realized that Raven was right. His blonde hair was matted with blood and her was covered in blood, dust, and dirt. A shower had never been this good of an idea before.



He was clean now. It had taken him a while to wash off all the dirt, grime and blood from the last month, but it was worth it. His normally blonde hair had kept a reddish tint and he was covered in scars, scratches and bruises, but other than that he was just like before the burning of his home. He had even found a pile of freshly laundered clothing on a stool. He was now wearing one of the masked boy's spare outfits; it was probably the only thing that would fit him. They had even given him the old Jacket he had forced Raven to take when she had left. He smiled at that simple touch of elegance; only she would know that he hated new clothing… and now tights, they were very itchy.

He was relatively happy here, in exception of the tights, and for the first time in a month he did not feel pain. He walked down the hall, following Raven's familiar aura.

Suddenly he felt like his energy was being drained from him. He moaned as he sank to the ground. His head accidentally swung back and hit the wall, and then everything blanked out. His last thought was; I spoke too soon.



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



“Raven, your guest decided to take a nap in the hallway,” said Cyborg as he walked in the living room, carrying the unconscious Amariel. “I don't know how he got that far though. And he washed too!”

“I gave him a revitalizing potion, he should have known that it wouldn't last forever.” Raven said as she made room on the couch to lay Amariel down on. Once Cyborg gently placed him on the couch she made a fuss about making sure he was warm and comfy. It was then that Starfire and Beastboy decided to walk into the room.

“So then I said…Who is that?” said Beast boy, switching topic mid-sentence. Starfire laughed anyways, not noticing that Beastboy had not finished the joke.

“Apparently he is one of Raven's old buddies,” said Cyborg once Starfire had calmed down.

“He looks like a blonde Robin,” said Beast boy. Raven then realized why she had come to accept Robin so quickly; he was a lot like Amariel. They could even be twins, except for his hair color.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CrowFirefly on February 27, 2006, 8:26:33 PM

CrowFirefly on
CrowFireflyi enjoyed readin that, got nothin much to do durin RE lesson :P