Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Preparation

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 13 - Preparation

Chapter 13 - Preparation
Zach's heart skipped a beat. In an instant, every action he had taken since he first touched the Death Note flashed before his eyes. Had he made some kind of mistake? When? How? Had L somehow figured it out just from that brief moment? After a few seconds, Zach managed to regain his wits.
“How much does he know?” Zach demanded.
“He's already deduced that Misa has a notebook and has already had her detained,” came the answer.
A wave of relief washed over Zach as the meaning of Light's words became clear to him. He was safe, at least for now.
“In the next few days, I plan to have L detain me as well,” Light continued, “That way, I can lay the groundwork to prove my innocence.”
“And I suppose you have a part for me in this plan?” Zach asked, already aware of the answer.
“That's right,” came the answer, “I've already prepared for an incarceration of up to five weeks. As it is, no more criminals should die until about two weeks from today. After that, I've arranged for them to resume dieing until the end of that five week period. However, if I do not contact you again by that time, I want you to use your Death Note to continue killing criminals. I've also planned to have Rem give Misa's notebook to someone who will do the same.”
“Rem?” Zach asked. He had heard the name before. “That's right, Rek mentioned her once. I assume she's the Shinigami attached to Misa's Death Note?”
“Yes,” Light confirmed. “Misa has forfeited ownership of her Death Note, and so I've instructed Rem to find someone who will do as they are told for the time being.”
“Then what good will it do for me to kill criminals too?” Zach asked, puzzled.
“I can't be sure what kind of person will end up with Rem's notebook. I need to be sure that someone who knows what Kira's ideals are is passing judgment on these criminals.”
Zach grinned as he waited for Light to finish. He thought that Light would do something like this.
“Furthermore,” Light continued, “during my confinement, I plan to relinquish ownership of my own Death Note. After that, I'll lose all my memories of the notebooks. That includes my memories of the existence of Shinigami, as well as any conversations I've had with you or anyone else regarding the Death Notes. Eventually, after L determines my innocence, I'll most likely try to help catch Kira myself. I've instructed Ryuk to inform you after I've given up ownership of the Death Note. After that, you should begin killing criminals sparingly, and using methods other than a heart attack.”
Of course,” Zach thought, “That way, the Task Force will be focused on the new Kira, rather than me. It also has the benefit of making L believe that there may be two Kiras operating in the open while Light and Misa are being confined. Of course, that would only serve as further proof of Light's innocence. Well done, Light. It seems like you've really thought this one through.
“I understand,” Zach said. He heard a click as the phone on the other end hung up. “That seemed unnecessary.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KelekiahGaladrian on May 31, 2010, 1:54:09 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianDon't worry about it being extremely late. It happens sometimes.

I think that turned out really cool. It's interesting to see how the story unfolds.

. . . . Zach is EPIC.

I just barely realized how much I missed this fic. ^^

bookworm369 on May 29, 2010, 4:19:23 PM

bookworm369 on
bookworm369I'm sorry for chapter 13 being so long overdue, and being incredibly short on top of that. had to get some kind of filler chapter in though, i promise it'll get better at the end