Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The plains of Sandy Village

Based on real people in my life, this story is imaginative, creative, and a bit gory too!

Chapter 4 - The plains of Sandy Village

Chapter 4 - The plains of Sandy Village
Chapter 4 - The plains of Sandy Village

Kevin and Jamie arrived at a little village on the outskirts of the desert. Settled at the bottom of a large snow covered mountain beside a mountain spring lake, the village attracted many wildlife to the area such as reindeer and wild hares. Surrounding the village was a forest of multicoloured flowers scattering the green grass with random bursts of colour. They wandered down the path into the village and looked around. The town square was paved in yellow cobbled stones, each of the buildings a radiant white with terracotta roofs. In the centre of the town square stood a huge fountain of a person slaying a dragon, the water spurting from the mouth of the dragon re-enacting fire.

Within minutes the town came alive as the clock on the church tower struck 10am. Many people in white dress robes came out from their houses carrying baskets and bags. A young girl attempted to pull a goat however the goat bleated and refused to move. Kevin watched her as she tried with all her strength to move the goat but it just stood there. He walked over to her and took the rope off her. He yanked it sharply which forced the goat to move. He quickly gave the girl back the rope and smiled at her as she stared at him with amazement. She ran off past the fountain with the goat behind her and disappeared from sight. The town square was now full of people who now started to form lines facing the church. Him and Jamie stood there as the door slowly opened to reveal a figure dressed in brilliant white robes, with golden bracelets on each arm and ankles with tiny diamonds inside. Upon their head was a golden wreath with the same picture of the dragon and the knight. The people began to kneel down on one knee and lower their head.

Jamie bowed too. Kevin looked at him like an idiot as Jamie tried to pull him down too. The figure looked up at his people and saw the two boys beside the fountain. His voice seemed to boom as he spoke, “Silence.”
Kevin and Jamie looked at him and he signalled them to come to the front. They edged towards the old man as he once again spoke.
“My children, hope has found its way to Sandy village. The courageous hero who defeated the evil in our hearts has returned to do it once again.”
The audience now sat up and cheered as Kevin and Jamie walked up the stairs. The old man smiled at them and held out his arm towards them. Kevin walked up to him and the man put both his arms on his shoulders. Kevin began to feel a surge of power run through his body from his hands. He closed his eyes and embraced the feeling, tilting his head upwards.

Many thoughts and memories ran through his head of his past encounters. He remembered Fenrir with the Ifrit, the Princess, Jamie, his friends Kallum and Marcus and the girl. Yet he could not remember her name, the image of her eyes stayed clear in his mind as the old man now took his hands off him. Kevin reopened his eyes which sparkled momentarily until they readjusted to the brightness of the town. He turned to the crowd and a dark shape caught his eye. They were leaning on the corner of a building, with a red hat and black coat on. They stood up and walked off round the corner. Kevin recognised them and smiled

‘I’m just helping an old friend’

Kevin nodded with appreciation to the man and addressed the crowd.
“Do not be afraid. The hero has returned to his rightful place, and will stop this monstrosity from occurring once again!”
The crowd cheered, and a few of them whistled. Kevin continued.
“Fenrir will not stop at nothing to conquer the world, however if we all pull together, we can fight him back as one. With the strength of the people behind me, I will submit myself to defend this world and its inhabitants. I am willing to put my life on the line for you.”
The crowd roared with applause as Kevin bowed to them. He then turned to bow to the old man but he stopped him. “We wish you the best young one, be careful.” Kevin nodded and walked back down the steps towards Jamie who was grinning.
“Come on Jamie, lets go see the princess.” Jamie nodded and they both started to walk towards the mountains. A few seconds later the young girl came running back with the goat in one hand and the other hand clasped. She looked at Jamie, then Kevin. Kevin got down on one knee so he was the same height as her. She stuck out her hand and unclasped it. Inside was a necklace with a white gem in the middle of it. He held out his hand and she placed it carefully in his hand. He studied it for the moment then lifted it to his neck, wrapped it round and fastened it securely.
“Thank you.”
The girl smiled at him and ran off behind them back into the town square. Jamie turned to him and said, “Guess that’s your good luck charm then?”
“Yea,” he replied, “It is.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment