Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The General

This is a series of Invader ZIM songfics.

Dib has discovered that ZIM will finally take over the world, and it is much too late to stop him. Poor earth!

Now it is up to Dib and his older cousin Jez to defeat ZIM and save the world!

Chapter 2 - The General

Chapter 2 - The General


Earth's Saviours

Chapter 2- The General

Professor Rowan Brooke



---This is four years in the future since the first chapter, and the song is “The General” by Dispatch---



The future- many wonder what it is like. It is a chaos ruled by a tiny green being from another planet. This being is known as ZIM, and he is from a planet in the midst of adding as many planets as they can to their empire. He rules over the humans with an iron fist, and any that oppose him are either sent to rot in jail or are executed immediately. For many years, he went undercover on our planet disguised as a simple earth student. Only one boy knew what he truly was.



This young boy's name was Dib, and he was the only one who foretold the fate of the world. The entire world called him crazy and shunned his theories, except for one person. Her name was Jez. The night ZIM took over the world, Dib and Jez went to a special hideout so they could build an army to fight their enemies…

There was a decorated General with a heart of gold
That likened him to all the stories he told,
Of past battles won and lost
And legends of old
A seasoned veteran in his own time


The Earth Liberation Army had grown sufficiently since the day ZIM took over, and they even had some members that dared to live outside their hideout. Dib had gained respect among the armies, and was accepted for his knowledge for the first time in his life. Jez stood proudly by her younger cousin's side as he told the battle plans to their most trusted officers. Then Dib turned to face her “Leave us, Jez. Go for a lunch break.

“Yes Sir!” she saluted and walked out.

On the battlefield he gained respectful fame
With many medals of bravery and stripes to his name
He grew a beard as soon as he could to cover the scars on his face
And always urged his men on


“So, what's the plan? What do we do next?” a young woman with electric blue hair inquired as soon as Jez took her first step outside the door.

“Well, Amb, I'm supposed to get some lunch. If you're asking about what's happening in
there, I'm not telling.” Jez stated simply, heading toward the kitchen.

“Come on Jez. Please?” Amb whined to her best friend, getting in her way to the kitchen.

Jez laughed and pushed her out of the way. “When the time comes, Amb, when the time comes.”

But on the eve of great battle with the infantry in dream
The Old General tossed in his sleep and wrestled with its meaning
He awoke from the night to tell what he had seen
And walked slowly out of his tent


Meanwhile, Dib continued explaining his plans. He needed his older cousin out of the room so he could explain these last few parts without protest. “This is the prison complex where the rest of the Eyeballs, and my dad, are being kept. We have to break in and get them out. This is a private mission for only us and Jez. Now, here's the plan…”

Jez was busy chopping up a salad for lunch with the sword-arm her uncle gave her before he was taken to prison to replace the arm she lost in a fight with an Irken soldier. His laser beam missed her throat by quite a distance. It wasn't really meant for tasks like these, but the better control she managed to get over it, the better use it would make in battle. As she carried her salad out to a table, a large, bulky man with a tiny bird on his shoulder walked toward her. “Take it with you; you are needed in the planning room.”

Jez shrugged and picked up the salad.


All the men held tall with their chests in the air
With courage in their blood and a fire in their stare
It was a gray morning and they were all wondering how they would fare
Till the old general told them to go home


“Your perfect sense of timing ceases to amaze me, Dib.” She sarcastically remarked. “You always manage to call me just when I start to eat.” Sitting down, she put the salad on the table.

Dib rose. “This is a serious situation, Jez. I was thinking of not telling you this part of the plan because I was sure you would protest, but I then decided it would be unfair if I didn't tell you.” He cleared his throat, and continued. “When we go to get our troops out of prison, I'm going to get my dad- your uncle- alone.”

He said: I have seen the others
And I have discovered
That this fight is not worth fighting
And I have seen their mothers
And I will no other, to follow me where I'm going
So


“Dib, that's crazy!” she protested, slamming her fist on the elongated table. “It's too dangerous to go alone. Do you know how secure his cell is? Once stepping in the general vicinity, you'll have troops all around you! I won't let you.” She then scooped up a forkful of salad and put it in her mouth.

“That is a risk I'm more than willing to take, Jez.” He paced across the room. “I wouldn't be able to stand losing any more troops, so I'd rather take the mission alone. If I don't come back alive, you have to take the army over.”

There was no arguing with her cousin. She could only accept his plans and go along with them. “Yes sir.” Dib dismissed her and she walked out of the room with a heavy heart.

Take a shower, shine your shoes
You got no time to lose
You are young men, you must be living so
Take a shower, shine your shoes
You got no time to lose
You are young men, you must be living
Go now you are forgiven


“So, Jez, Can you tell me the plans now?” Amb asked, standing in front of her friend.

Jez walked right past her, too upset with the current events to even talk to her best friend. After trying to get her attention several more times, Amb shrugged and walked off to be with those in livelier company. They were going to go through with the mission tonight, and she couldn't persuade her headstrong cousin out of his plans. She ate the rest of her salad and prepared for that night.

But the men stood fast with their guns on their shoulders
Not knowing what to do with the contradicting orders
The General said he would do his own duty but he would extend it no further
The men can go as they please


When darkness fell, those that were chosen for the mission got ready while the rest slept in their bunks. Jez was assigned with a few others to get all the Eyeballs that were in the west wing of the prison out. Other groups were assigned to other wings, and Dib was going alone to find the Professor. She still protested greatly on this choice, but she could do nothing to stop him. When he made up his mind, the decision was final.

An hour later they headed for the prison complex, shadowed in darkness with only the moon to guide them to their destination. Jez walked silently behind her cousin.
When they arrived, Dib repeated the plans to the different groups and, as they dismissed, went off in another direction.

“Don't wait for me. I'm following him.” Jez whispered to her teammates. They shrugged and waved goodbye, knowing she was just as impossible to stop as her cousin.


Not a man moved their eyes gazed straight ahead,
Till one by one they stepped back and not a word was said
And the old general was left with his own words echoing in his head
He then prepared to fight


Jez followed her cousin as he walked through a small, unguarded side door into a small broom closet. Stepping over buckets and mops, she stalked him into the main hallway. There were already guards coming from behind at both of them, and before he could turn around, she used her sword arm to shoot a beam of electricity to stun them.

Hearing the blast from behind, Dib turned, holding his pistol right at his cousin. He stared unbelievingly at her and lowered the pistol. “Jez!” he gasped, relieved, “What are you doing here?”

“You know I couldn't leave you alone, Dib.” She playfully remarked. “He's family to me just as he is to you. And don't forget- I'm just as headstrong as you are.”

Dib sighed, “I almost forgot. Oh well, then. Let's go!” They continued down the hall together until they heard blasts from behind them.

He said: I have seen the others
And I have discovered
That this fight is not worth fighting
No, and I see their mothers
and I will no other
t
o follow me where I'm going

“You two FILTHY rebels have finally decided to rear your enormous head, huh?” they looked behind them to see a tiny green man being carried on a large red throne.


“ZIM.” Dib glared at his arch rival. “After years of waiting, I'm going to fight and overthrow your empire. Oh yes, and my head isn't big.” He added as an afterthought.

ZIM was amused with his little speech and waved a gloved hand at the pair. “Seize them.”

The guards came toward Dib and Jez, and surrounded them. The two went right to work, blasting all that they could. In a matter of moments, though, they were tired and the soldiers kept regrouping. Dib was more tired than his cousin, and they swarmed him, locking him in a pair of cuffs.

“Jez! Get out of here!” he screamed.

“I'm not leaving you, Dib!” she stood firmly, blasting the guards with her sword- arm.

“You have to. One of us has to be around to lead the others!” he said back. Jez realized he was right. One of them had to fight the Irken in the other's absence. Taking her cousin's advice, she ran, unsure of whenever she would see her cousin again.


So

Take a shower shine your shoes
You got no time to lose
You are young men you must be living
So
Take a shower shine your shoes
You got no time to lose
You are young men you must be living
Go now you are forgiven.


When Jez delivered the news to the rest of the base, there was an air of sadness that radiated outside with the news reports going out about the capture. Jez took a deep breath. It was now up to her to save the entire earth.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

toxic_dreamer on June 10, 2005, 12:49:37 PM

toxic_dreamer on
toxic_dreameri must admit i'm a little confused about where Jez comes in....and where gaz is....but i'm loving the story....keep it up...i'm anxious to hear more