Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - CH III: The Ring's Power

My part for MrGimp's colab fic! Please let me know what you think!

Chapter 3 - CH III: The Ring's Power

Chapter 3 - CH III: The Ring's Power
Ganaga-rel watched the hover-car pull into the station. “Guardian slime. Sending that dog to see me…They’re lucky the circumstances are dire. I already have my answer, so I won’t have their pestilence polluting here for long…”

Ganaga-rel was a wretched echidna. Rarely seen by his “subjects,” he was a black echidna. His original color was red, but the filth had built up over the years. He was tall and imposing, and carried a sword cane encrusted with jewels. He carried a dignified air, despite his outward appearance.

Ekyt pulled in disdain at his robe. “Sorry, I’m used to my trench-coat.” He muttered at her amused glance. “Trench-coat…wait, wait, I DO know you!” Linda-Su exclaimed. “You were banished…” she said, her voice trailing off. “Yes, I was.” Ekyt answered. “But it was a mistake. The Brotherhood was being manipulated at that point…I have no doubt by the scum we’re about to see…” Ekyt said disdainfully. He offered an arm to Linda-Su to help her out of the hover car. She gave him another glance, nodding her thanks. “Once we get inside, it would be best for you to address me as “master”.”

“Enter.” Ganaga-rel said sternly at the knock he had been dreading. To his surprise, a young echidna girl entered the room, followed by a…human?” “Hello Ganaga-rel. I trust you are well?” Linda-Su immediately said. Her companion said nothing, merely eyeing the office, his dark hazel eyes searching for a threat.

“Please, sit, Linda-Su. I haven’t seen you since you were the size of my arm.” He said, attempting to sound pleasant. “It HAS been awhile.” Linda-Su answered. “I must say, I am surprised that they sent one so young…and your escort isn’t by-the-book either.” Ganaga-rel said a little roughly. “He’s a full-fledged guardian, qualified as any.” Linda-Su replied. “I see. Well, let’s get down to business. I’m certain you’ve come to negotiate…” “Of course. We need the firepower your army can offer.” Linda-Su said, meeting his eyes with a hard gaze.

“I see. But, I’m afraid I have no-one to spare. My city is as much at risk as your…dwelling.” “Then we have nothing to discuss.” Linda-Su said, standing up. “That was rather rude…I’m certain your actions are your mother passing her regards…” “Kindly leave my mother out of this.” Linda-Su warned. Ganaga-rel put a filthy hand on her arm. “I think we have things to discuss…I was almost your father…yes, yes. Your mother was rather…easy, to put it nicely…in her younger days.” “If I didn’t know better, I’d say you just insulted my mother Ganaga. That would be a mistake.” Linda-Su said in a warning tone. “I’m simply telling you the truth. I certainly hope you don’t become that way Linda-Su. As much fun as we had together…Yes, fun I’m afraid I can’t outline further…” Linda-Su tried to pull away. “Let go of me you disgusting pervert! I hope you drop dead of your own slime!” Linda-Su snarled. “What did you say to me you little whore?!”

At this point, Ekyt saw Ganaga’s cane come up. Ekyt looked closely, seeing it was a sword cane. He sprang into action.

In a flash, he had Ganaga laid out on his desk. Ekyt put his forearm on Ganaga’s neck. “You will take back what you said.” Ganaga pushed him off. “I will not! I’m going to kill the both of you!” Linda looked ready to fight him, but Ekyt stepped in front of her. “Master, please stay behind me.”

“You’re doing her bidding? You clearly are aware of what you’re doing…Why would you take the orders...” Ganaga asked. “I’m duty-bound to her. I’m a man of my word.” Ekyt answered as the two circled. “I see. More loyal than smart boy.” Ganaga thrust his cane outward, the sword flashing out. Linda winced, but then almost laughed with relief. Ekyt stepped to the side and brought his staff down on the cane. The blade was now only a fraction of an inch out. Ganaga suddenly thrust the cane upward, stabbing Ekyt in the ribs. He missed the vitals, so the fight continued.

Ekyt used his staff to rip the cane out of the echidna’s hands. He stepped on it hard, snapping the blade off. In the same motion, his left leg swung around, landing heel-first on the tyrant’s nose. “That will do guardian.” Linda-Su told him. He bowed in deference, stepping back. She stepped toward the heap that was Ganaga.

Linda: Had you not been so…inhospitable…I would have had an item that would interest you…
Ganaga-rel: It’s a time of war! Only a weapon will interest me!
Linda: And that’s exactly what I have. And I believe a short demonstration is in order.

Linda “ordered” Ekyt to put out his right hand. She put the ring on his finger. Somehow, he knew how it worked. He felt a terrible evil surge through his body. Then he felt peace. His good side was in control. He raised his arm, and watched as Ganaga-rel was lifted to his feet. Ekyt, without knowing why, clenched his fist. Ganaga-rel gasped. He couldn’t breathe; some invisible force was squeezing his wind pipe.

Ekyt felt an urge to not let go. To just kill him. Linda-Su seemed to sense this. “Guardian, release him.” Ekyt did as he was told. Linda-Su watched, trying to keep her face dispassionate as Ekyt suddenly was hit with a surge of pain.

It felt as though he had been stabbed again. The pain spread through his body, to the point where Ekyt ALMOST wished anything would end it. The ring fell of his finger, as if it knew what it was doing, and the pain began to subside.

Ganaga coughed out “I will send troops to your aid. I can’t spare much, but I will! Please, leave, I don’t wish to be hurt again.” Linda-Su, satisfied with the answer, turned to Ekyt. “On your feet guardian!” she snapped. He got up. a hand over his ribs. “It’s time to go.”

They got back in the hover car, when suddenly the driver turned around. Or, was thrown around, more accurately. Two of Ganaga-rel’s thugs had murdered him, with a stab wound in the side of his neck. Linda-Su turned pale. Ekyt suddenly dove forward, pushing the dead driver out of the way. “We need to leave master!” he called. He sat in the pilot’s seat and took off.

Two black hover cars followed him. “I’m going to lose them! Hang on master!” he called, feeling stupid calling this girl younger than him “master.” “We’re heading over the Forbidden Zone. If we jump out, we’ll be safe! Only the guardians can get in!” Linda-Su nodded. She grabbed onto him, hands clasped firmly around his waist. He blushed, but opened the door and dove out. It wasn’t far to the ground. He landed, twisting on his side to make sure landed safely. “Run Master!” he called, drawing his sword. “No. I ORDER you to forget them and come with me!” she said in a commanding voice. Ekyt hesitated, but put the sword away and ran with her.

Locke heard them walking in. Linda-Su took her seat in front of the council, while Ekyt stood at attention. “He agreed to send troops after some…persuasion.” Linda-Su reported. “I see. And has Ekyt served you well so far?” “Yes he has. Ekyt, please come here for a moment.” Ekyt did so, kneeling at her side. “Show them your wound…”

He did as he was told. “THAT” she began at their questioning looks “came from a sword cane. That stab was meant for me. He gave Ganaga-rel a demonstration of the ring on my orders, and I have no doubt it opened his wound further.” She said, trying, but failing, to sound as though he was just a pawn in a game of chess.

Ekyt gladly pulled his robe closed again, still feeling dumb for wearing it. After he had escorted her to the door, Locke beckoned him back. “Take her to your home tonight. Take food, water, and extra clothes.” Ekyt wanted to question him, but didn’t. “As you say Locke.” He responded as per custom.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MrGimp on June 29, 2007, 10:02:26 PM

MrGimp on
MrGimpAnother kick @$$ chapter man, seriously! Linda is a bit bossy... >w<

alchemest1 on June 29, 2007, 3:33:39 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Yet another fantastic work from a talented writer. I love it. Keep them coming! MORE! MORE!