Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - CH XIII: Night of Solitude

My part for MrGimp's colab fic! Please let me know what you think!

Chapter 13 - CH XIII: Night of Solitude

Chapter 13 - CH XIII: Night of Solitude
Linda-Su and Ekyt rode in silence, listening for the sounds of other horses. There were none after a half hour, so Linda-Su chanced a question. “You know a lot about customs guardian…Who decided I was to be betrothed to Mikhail?” Ekyt gripped the reigns on his horse so hard his knuckles turned white, matching his robes and steed. “It’s decided by the Brotherhood.” He answered. “Could I…could I appeal their decision?” “Yes, you could. But you’d need substantial evidence.” “You saw the whole thing, you’re a guardian! They won’t question you!” Ekyt slowed to a walk to get along side her horse. “If you’re sure you don’t want to marry him…You have my support.”

“Where are we headed?” Linda-Su asked, for Ekyt had been blazing the path. “To a private spot some friends set up. It’s protected by a camouflage spell, I’m told. A friend of mine, Espio (He’s a chameleon) had an uncle who could perform such spells. There’s a bath, along with food and begging.” He said. Linda-Su rubbed her hands together in a comically greedy manner.

They soon reached the spot Ekyt had heard off. It looked like a solid bit of underbrush, but Ekyt walked right through it. Linda-Su followed him and saw a slice of heaven. She immediately wanted to take a bath, but she was concerned about the mixed company. Not that she didn’t trust Ekyt, but it still felt wrong. Ekyt sensed this and offered to leave. “I couldn’t fight off the Dark Legion by myself, they’re looking for us…how about I just put you on your honor not to watch?” Ekyt nodded, immediately turning away. “I need those rocks to get a fire going anyway, I’ll be over there. Master.” He added the last word as an after-thought. True to his word, he began trying to build a fire, the wind fighting him.

Linda-Su washed up, thinking. My mind is made up…whatever the punishment, I will NOT call Mikhail my husband…but will Ekyt come with me, since I’ll likely be banished? Of course, that’s IF the council doesn’t agree. They HAVE to agree…they won’t doubt the words of an heiress AND a guardian… “Ekyt…If I’m banished, what happens to you?” His voice came from behind the rocks. “I’ve been told to serve you until I’m dismissed. I stay with you, if you’d have me.” Ekyt responded. “Of course I would! I just”

Just what she was going to say was drowned out, replaced by splashing. Ekyt chanced a glance over the rocks, seeing someone holding Linda-Su’s head underwater. With a roar of rage, Ekyt leapt over the rocks. He pulled his robe off and tossed it over Linda-Su, so now he could freely watch her attacked. “Mikhail!” he exclaimed, standing in front of Linda-Su. “Of course guardian! But it seems you have a choice. You can chase me, or you can save her. Take your pick!” Ekyt saw that he had stuffed something in her mouth, something she couldn’t get out. “You’re a vile bastard!” Ekyt snarled, but headed toward Linda-Su as Mikhail ran for it.

“Don’t panic master!” he said, so calmly that she DIDN’T panic. All her private areas were covered with the robe, so she was receptive to his help. “Okay, hold your mouth still. I promise I won’t hurt you.” He said. He pulled his dagger out. She nodded, breathing through her nose. He put the dagger into her mouth very carefully. He pulled out the object. “Master, shield your eyes!” He threw the object as far as he could. It exploded in a shower of flames.

Linda-Su couldn’t believe it. Tying the robes shut, she gaped at him. “What the hell was that? And who attacked me?” “It was a bomb, of sorts, triggered by it being removed. And it was Mikhail that attacked.” Ekyt said, disdain dripping into his voice. Linda-Su got up from her sitting position. “You’re very brave…and loyal…” She pulled his head down gently, kissing him much as she had done when he had “Come back from the dead.” She stroked his cheek tenderly while he seemed skittish to touch her. The kiss ended and she smiled and finished her sentence. “I hope that it’s no chore having to take orders from me. I feel that we’re equals. But orders are orders, I guess.” She smiled, decided to have a little fun with her shy escort. “This robe is a little revealing, it seems, but it will have to do until my clothes are dry.” The splashing had caused them to get wet, but they would be dry in a few minutes near the fire Ekyt had built.

She was shivering, despite being near the fire. “May I…” she gestured vaguely. “Of course master…” Ekyt said, not understanding what was going on. She moved over next to him, laying her head against his chest, her arms gripping his. She guessed from how tense Ekyt was that he had no idea what to do. Slowly, shaking, he put an arm around her shoulder. She burrowed her head into his chest, laughing silently as he was blushing horribly.

All too soon, the minutes of…cuddling (It wasn’t cuddling! She was cold, and I was a source of heat!) were over. Ekyt turned away again as she dressed herself. “I’m afraid your robe got dirty, as long as the night is fair, we should clean it. I don’t want you getting sick…” She said in a thinking tone of voice. “I had planned on bathing myself once you were asleep.” He said. “You can trust me not to watch! Besides, I worry Mikhail will come back.” “It was never a question of trust, master, I just didn’t want to put you in an uncomfortable position.” Ekyt said, ears reddening. “Go ahead and bathe now, you have my honor that I won’t look until you’re safely underwater. You’re unarmed, that’s my worry.”

Ekyt pulled his clothes off, dipping himself into the warm pool of water, sighing contentedly. The water was clean, but the bubbles from the small waterfall made it opaque. “Can I look yet?” She said jokingly. “Yes master.” He answered, still uncomfortable, not knowing why. It’s not like she hasn’t seen my chest before, it’s not big deal…she’s just your master, who happens to be a woman! Calm down! Ekyt washed his lower body below the water, then focused on his upper body, which was a mess of cuts and slash marks. “Don’t those hurt?” Linda-Su asked. “They sting now. They hurt when they were created.” Ekyt answered.

Linda-Su looked up at the moon. “I wish we could stay here forever…it’s perfect here.” Realizing how that sounded, she changed the subject. “I thought about marriage…I’m too young, I’m not ready.” “I feel the same way.” Ekyt responded, gritting his teeth as the water his a particularly nasty cut. Linda-Su looked over in concern, and couldn’t help smiling at what little of him she could see. His chest muscles weren’t the huge, unnatural looking muscles that some get, they were built up, but smaller, more athletic looking. His arms matched that description as well.

Ekyt, after warning Linda-Su, got up and dried off, putting his clothes and robe back on. “How long should we stay here?” Linda-Su asked. “Until morning, then we should find another spot. The Dark Legion knows where we are. But more importantly, you should get a good amount of sleep.” Linda-Su nodded. “But I order you to rest yourself.” She added. “We’ll be without guard then master.” He argued. “I’d rather have an awake and alert guard that one who will fall because he is deprived of sleep.” She said with a smile. Begrudgingly, he laid down on the extra bedding. He stayed awake, though he could feel the rest making a difference.

Come morning, he would need all the energy he could get…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on July 6, 2007, 1:40:35 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogAwesome chapter, that would be the perfect place for me and my boyfriend to stay in. Sadly, britain is full of buildings and chavs *groans*

alchemest1 on July 3, 2007, 3:11:11 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Nice! I love the way she was playing with him. Lol. This chapter is one of those ones that is a nice reprieve after a disturbing one like the last chapter. (growls at the memory)