Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Figure in the Sand

What will happen when a mermaid princess (YOU) goes to Hogwarts for the first time, when she has lived on an island her whole life?

Chapter 2 - Figure in the Sand

Chapter 2 - Figure in the Sand
Today was sunnier than usual. The sunlight reflected off of the dew on the green and yellow palm fronds that surrounded the lagoon. The palms cast green shadows across your naked body as your skin glistened in the shafts of light coming through the trees. Large white flowers at the edge of the lagoon responded to the unusual amount of light, released their perfume, which, combined with the fragrance of the ripe fruits, made you drowsy. The waterfall nearby melodically spilled over marble white rocks into the warm, blue lagoon. Hummingbirds glinted in the light and buzzed from flower to flower before taking a bath in the waterfall. You put down your book, Hogwarts: A History, and rolled over the large, smooth rock you were laying on that extended over the water. You dipped your hand in as small, colorful minnows quickly swam away. It was a comfortable, lukewarm temperature, and the water was clean enough to drink from. Your straight, platinum-blonde hair sparkled in the strips of light coming from above, while your face was illuminated by the green light from the lagoon. As noon approached, the ever-lasting moisture turned to steam and began to evaporate into the sky. The white rock you were laying on grew hot against your sweating skin, and you decided to cool off in the ocean and finish your book later.

For the first time in days, the sky above the island was completely clear. The sun beat down on the sparkling sandbar, where you noticed a dark shape laying near the water. Curiously, you made your way across the blazing sand. You stopped as you realized what it was.

~~~~~~~

AN: Cliffhanger! I hope you liked it! Please comment and vote!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on November 15, 2008, 12:18:24 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608Q. How does a mermaid walk on earth whenshe has no feet?

ohmygoshamy on November 15, 2008, 5:31:43 AM

ohmygoshamy on
ohmygoshamyA. She was in her Witch form when she was walking around.
....Which also explains why she was nude. >.<;;
lol

shinypikachu2608 on January 16, 2009, 7:50:58 PM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608Oooohkee.