Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Who Are You?

SFC: Takes place after ending #3. After rejoining Star Wolf, Krystal finds comfort in the arms of a new guy. But he’s not what he appears to be.

Chapter 2 - Who Are You?

Chapter 2 - Who Are You?
The next day, Kai woke up around 9:30 am. Last night, before going to bed, he had a few drinks by himself. But unlike most guys who would have had a hangover the morning after, Kai felt no pain.
After taking a shower, after which pulling his long white hair into a ponytail, he grabbed his flight jacket, and went down to the kitchen.
Star Wolf leader, Commander Wolf O’Donnell and team member Leon were already there fixing breakfast for themselves, as well as the entire team.
“Good morning, My Lord.” Kai greeted the wolf as he entered the room.
“Morning, Kai.” Wolf replied as he flipped a couple of pancakes. “Please, just call me Wolf.”
Kai nodded.
“That’s exactly what we’re suppose to call you,” a quiet voice from behind was heard to say.
As Kai turned, he saw his mother, Maya, sitting at the table, sipping coffee and read a newspaper she had borrowed from Leon.
With a small smile, Kai poured himself a cup of coffee and walked over to the table.
“Good morning, Mom.” He greeted her as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her right cheek.
“Good morning, Kai.” Maya replied, returning the same things to Kai.
Just then, a yawning Krystal entered the kitchen, still wearing sweats and a t-shirt. Last night, she had come to terms with the fact Panther was no longer a member of Star Wolf.
“Good morning, everyone.” Krystal greeted sullenly.
“Morning,” Wolf replied as he prepared a cup of coffee.
Wolf stopped stirring his coffee and turned to Maya and Kai, who were sitting together at the table. Then he introduced them to Krystal, who shook paws with them.
Kai, however, had a romantic twinkle in his left eye the instant he shook paws with her.
Later that evening, after receiving official word from Wolf that he and his mother were the newest team members of Star Wolf, Kai walked down to the third corridor to explore the rest of entire space station.
As he entered into the corridor, he met Krystal, who quietly past him.
“Hmm,” Kai thought as he turned to follow her, “I wonder what’s wrong with her.”
In an attempt to get an answer, Kai continued to following Krystal down the corridor, but managed to hide, whenever she looked behind her.
A few minutes later, as she entered the space station’s lounge, she sat down at an empty table and continued contemplating her new life as a returning member of Star Wolf - minus Panther. She dreaded the fact she had to prove her loyalty and military skills to this new command, but she knew returning to Star Fox was definitely out of the question.
As she ordered a drink, Kai entered the room, and approached her table.
“Hello, he greeted Krystal, warmly.
As she looked up at him, she could see immediately, he was the member who was following her in the corridor a few minutes ago. Looking at him, she could see he was a Wolfox, and a big one. Standing at 6'5" ft, Krystal could also tell he was a full 240 lbs of muscle.
“Hello, ” Krystal answered. “Kai, right?”
With a small smile, he nodded his head.
“May I join you?” he asked politely.
“Go ahead.” Krystal replied, tapping the table with her fingers. “I thought I heard somebody following me.”
“Yep, that was me.” Kai replied as he sat down, across from her.
“And your reason being?” she asked as she took a sip of her drink.
“I noticed you had a distressed look on your face, as you walked past.” Kai replied. “So I followed you here.”
“How gallant, and you were wondering why I was a lady in distress,” Krystal sarcastically asked.
“Yes I was,” he replied, ignoring the tone in her voice.
“That’s very sweet of you, Kai.” Krystal said with a sniff.
“What brought your to this command?” Kai asked Krystal curiously.
Looking at him, Krystal replied, “Time for a change of scenery.
“That’s good to hear.” Kai said with a little relief, “I thought maybe you were booted off.
The astonished look from Krystal’s face, made him regret that last comment. Just as he was about to begin back peddling, a voice spoke from behind.
“Kai, Krystal.” Maya said.
“Yes, ma’am.” Kai replied, as Krystal looked up, immediately recognizing the white vixen she had met earlier in the day.
“We’ve just been assigned our first mission.” Maya replied. “Wolf wants all of us on the squad room right now.”
Together, they left the lounge.
In the squad room, Wolf was waiting to begin briefing his crew. The three sat down at the long table with the Leon. Wolf began to fill in his team members in on the mission’s detail.
A cryptic message had just been received informing the command of a small group of fighters who were about to attack Star Wolf’s base on Fortuna.
“Star Fox again?” Leon asked.
“No,” Wolf replied, “It’s a group of renegades.”
The group entered the hanger and took off in their fighter jets, Wolfens. Because they all jumped into hyperspace, it only took them 7.36 seconds to arrive at Fortuna. Once they engaged into battle, it didn’t take long to force the ill-equipped rebels to flee without much incident. One fighter got on Krystal’s tail. But Kai was able to pull up in time and blast the enemy fighter out of the fight. The rest of the battle was effortless, and Wolf and his team emerged victorious.
Feeling exuberant, they headed back for the space station.
“Kai!” Krystal said over her communicator. “Thanks for jumping in there for me.”
“Anytime, Krystal.” Kai replied as he glanced out of the front window of his fighter. There was no reflection in the darkened glass.
End of Chapter II

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment