Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - ch. 9

When 14 year old Alix Carson's life takes a total 180, she realizes something. LIFE SUCKS! Her depression takes over, and causes her to make life worse. Will someone be able to help before its too late?

Chapter 9 - ch. 9

Chapter 9 - ch. 9


Alix woke up, the warmth that had surrounded her fleeting. She turned to see Greg walking out the front door. She smiled.

He stayed all night.

She climbed into the shower 10 minutes later and let the water poor over her. This would be a new start.



Alix dressed quickly the morning of Christmas Eve; she wore a pair of jeans that actually fit her, red Chuck Taylor's and a black zip-up sweater that fit perfectly to her small body.

Alix walked up to the door. It was now two o'clock; the snow was just starting to fall. She lightly tapped the door and it was flung open. Greg stood there in a sweater with handprint reindeer on it.
"Merry Christmas!” He said pulling her into the warm house. “Wow” he muttered, looking her up and down.

“What?!”

“I've never seen you in...girls clothes!”

She playful slapped him. “Oh shut up!”

They walked down the empty hallway quietly. Greg kept watching her from the corner of his eye. She looked so much different like this. She looked like a true girl.

“So...” he started

“Hmm” she replied, starring at the pictures on the walls.

“Are you excited about Christmas?”

“Not really.....Christmas isn't a good time for me.”

He was about to ask why when something skidded into the hallway.

“Boomer! Slow down!” Greg yelled

“Sorry brother”

“Oh Alix. This is my little brother, Boomer.”

“Hi there!” she said kneeling to his level

“Hello Alix! Greg...you were right! She is pr-“ Greg slapped his hand over Boomer's mouth cutting him off.

“Oook Boomer! Go play!” and he pushed Boomer out of the hall. Alix stifled a laugh.

They finally walked into the kitchen and took seats at the bar.

“My dad will be home in a little bit. He had to work today.”

“Ok.”

Silence

“Boomer's kinda cute”

“Yeah....but he sure can be a handful.”

The door creaked open and a deep voice erupted through the house. “I'm home boys! Merry Christmas!” In a moment the man was standing in the kitchen, Boomer dangling from his arms. “Hello Greg”

“Hi dad!”

“This must be you girlfriend-“

“I'm not his girlfriend” “She's not my girlfriend” they said simultaneously. Boomer and his father laughed at the bright red faces of Alix and Greg.

“Alix, I presume? You can call me Mr. Doug”

“Hello Mr. Doug!”

“So, I understand you're going to be spending Christmas with us?”

“Yes sir”

“Don't be so formal!”

“Oh. Ok.”

The four spent the rest of the afternoon watching Christmas specials and eating Christmas cookies.
”Can we make a popcorn chain for our tree?”

“I don't think we have popcorn Boomer”

“But Dad! We always have popcorn chains!”

Alix watched as Boomer begged and begged. Finally she leaned over and whispered in Greg's ear. He smiled and nodded.

“Hey Dad...we'll go buy some popcorn.” He stood and walked over to the coat closet.

“Are you sure? It's snowing.”

“Yeah, we'll be fine!” He pulled out his jacket, and then got one for Alix. She took it and slid it over her arms. Soon they were walking down the street.

“So....how's your wrist?”

“It's better.” she lifted her sleeves and showed him the newly forming scar.

“And your knife?” he asked as he rubbed his thumb over the mark.

“I threw it in the dumpster by my house yesterday.” pride rang through her voice.

They walked farther in silence.

“Are you going to tell me what possessed you to cut yourself?”

“Life.”

He starred at her.

“My dad. He decided to marry his whore.” tears began to form in her eyes. “You know, he once told me he would never leave us. What did I do wrong Greg? What could we have done differently for him to stay?” tears were now flowing over her cheeks.

Greg bit his lip. He hesitated and then wrapped his arms around her.

“Nothing. There was nothing you did wrong. How could you?” he said stroking her hair; then inaudibly added, “You're perfect.”

They stayed that way for at least 10 minutes. Then Alix looked up at him and smiled. As she was looking up she saw something above his head. She studied it and smirked. He starred at her for a minute and then looked at the object that held her attention. He let out a laugh at the old clump of mistletoe. Then he leaned forward and kissed her forehead. She smiled and kissed his cheek.



“Bad news kids,” Mr. Doug said walking into the living room. Greg, Alix and Boomer sat on the floor making popcorn chains and occasionally popping a piece into their mouths. “The snow's gotten to heavy. There is no way we can get Alix home tonight.”

“Okay”

“Alix you can sleep in Greg's room. And Greg,” he grabbed Greg's attention as he put two pieces of popcorn in his mouth, “you will sleep down here. I don't want any `funny business' in my house.”

Greg choked on his popcorn causing everyone else to laugh.

“Yeah Greg,” Alix joked, pushing Greg's shoulder, “no `funny business'”


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KYOSCHIC on February 12, 2006, 7:15:44 AM

KYOSCHIC on
KYOSCHICIT'S GOOD!!!!!!!!! MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PirateSohma on February 11, 2006, 10:23:09 PM

PirateSohma on
PirateSohmaHeheh, cuteee. they are soo meant for each other.

tabisu on February 9, 2006, 8:47:50 AM

tabisu on
tabisuYeah, no funny buisness. You know my policy on funny buisness, melia. Life's no fun unless it's a little funny, neh?

redheadblusher on February 5, 2006, 11:35:41 AM

redheadblusher on
redheadblushersorry it took so long to get out!!! and i know it's about Christmas and it is now almost Valentine's Day.