Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Chapter Eighteen

Takes place in the middle of Season Five- right after the Grand Prix tournament, and before they go on the memory journey to Egypt. I hope you guys like it! I'm not used to writing fanfictions! X]

Chapter 18 - Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18 - Chapter Eighteen
The third temple was made of the same crystal as the castle… in fact, it looked so very much like the castle. It was enormous and elaborate; modern. Adella was in there.

We walked through the front doors. This temple looked just like Dartz’ stone temple, on the island, that was now destroyed- it was just one enormous, central room. The last large shard of the Orichalcos stone was on the other side of the room, directly across from us.

We were alone, here. There was no sign of Adella… or of the Leviathan… had Ironheart been wrong?

“No!” the Pharaoh gasped. “No!”

“What?” everyone else asked, worried, as he ran to the left side of the enormous room. Something was embedded in the crystal wall, twenty feet above our heads. We all ran up to him; he was staring, horrified, at the thing in the wall. I had never seen it before… it looked like a set of scales, with a Millennium Item symbol in the middle. It shined gold in the light.

“Dude! That’s the Millennium Scales! What’s it doing here?” Tristan yelled.

“Did she steal it when she stole the god cards?” Tea asked the Pharaoh.

“I… I didn’t know…” he replied, horrified.

There was then a small “clink” noise. I looked down- at Duke’s feet was a small fragment of the Orichalcos stone.

“What the hell-“he barely had time to mutter, before there was an enormous explosion that sent us all off of our feet- the light died down after a moment. Dazed and disoriented, on the ground, I shoved Joey angrily off of my back and stood up; the Pharaoh gasped. The Seal surrounded the entire room. I was stunned and horrified- it had been summoned without a card? All of us were trapped; the room was very cold.

“Look!” Serenity gasped, pointing forward- standing in the circle, on the edge of it in front of the fragment of stone, was a tall, thin, long-haired woman- adorned in green jewels and a dress that swept to the floor, she gave off a vibe of hatred and… power. Adella.

A horrible green light burst from the Pharaoh’s pocket; he yelled in shock, and the next thing I knew, Adella was chuckling. The Pharaoh gasped, “The Ra card…”

My heart sank. Adella was standing on the other side of the field, holding the Ra card. How did she get it…!

“That’s cheating!” Joey yelled. “You can’t do that!”

“You should have been wiser than to hold my husband’s Orichalcos fragment,” she said. “His vengeful soul has served me well.”

I couldn’t believe it. Donno’s soul was in the fragment of the stone that I had given to Yugi?

Adella held the Ra card above her head; a chant, visible to her because of the Millennium Scale, poured from her mouth. I watched in horror as the incredible dragon appeared in a burst of blinding yellow light- I would have marveled at its spectacular power and beauty had it not been standing against me.

“Destroy Seto Kaiba, great god!” Adella yelled. “Destroy the man who killed my husband!”

I barely had time to register what she had said before an enormous light filled the room, and a surging pain hit me squarely in the chest; in just an instant, the white light overwhelmed my vision; I felt my knees buckle, and then, I was aware of nothing else… but…

…nothing.

But… I felt as though my eyes were open. I felt like I was conscious and standing. So, where was I? All that was around me was nothing, but white… white, on every side. The ground was white; the sky was white. I could feel the weight of my trench coat on my shoulders and locket necklace around my neck. It was as though I was still standing in the duel. Was I?

“Yugi?” I yelled. “Wheeler?”

My voice sounded just like it always did. Nothing was unusual about me, except for that I had no idea where I was. Everything was completely quiet. Was this part of Ra’s attack? Was I being tricked? The only other time a god monster had attacked me was during my duel with Yugi, where Slifer and Obelisk had fought each other; then, when their powers clashed, Yugi and I were sent a vision of the past. Was something like that happening again?

I then noticed something curious: I wasn’t breathing. I simply felt no need to. Confused, I put my hand on my forehead for a moment; I could feel my own warmth. What was going on…?

“Seto,” came a voice from behind me. Even before turning around, I was shocked. That voice…

I turned around. Someone was standing ten feet away from me.

I couldn’t believe it. It was him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment