Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - My essay

This is my essay on artemis fowl, it describes him as an evil villain in many ways.

Chapter 1 - My essay

Chapter 1 - My essay
Artemis Fowl Text Response Essay





Artemis Fowl is a fantasy novel by Eoin Colfer.
The story is about a 12 year old boy called Artemis Fowl, He is a Devious Criminal mastermind who treats everyone disrespectfully, and directly threatens the fairy nation, risking a Sub-Species war. All he wants is gold. And the only person he cares about is himself.
The way he treats everyone, including his friends, is not nice enough to be called respectful, when he captures holly, although he doesnt hurt her, he lies to her and treats her as if she is below him. By making her think that she betrayed her nation he thinks he can manipulate her to his will but he cant. He treats butler as a friend sometimes but when theres work to be done, he somehow remains out of it, Butler had been forced to make three trips to the jeep in order to hump the equipment across a stile, a bog & 2 fields. his boots and trousers were ruined. And now he would have to sit in the hide with ditchwater soaking into the seat of his trousers, Artemis had somehow contrived to remain spotless (Pg. 71.) This evidence proves that Artemis fowl is very disrespectful towards his peers and everyone around him.

In the book, he directly threatens the fairy nation, risking war and possibly millions of deaths, he threatens to reveal their location to the world. By treating holly badly he is goading her to being angry and attacking someone, if she had done so then she would have risked losing her magic and making the LEP lose another officer, he deliberately makes root annoyed so much that he would do anything to get holly back and then uses this against him to take their gold. He also tries to kill root by blowing up a whaler while he is in it. I-I told you? stammered holly ridiculous! Look at your arm Holly rolled up her right sleeve. There was a small cotton pad taped to the vein. Thats where we injected the sodium pentathol, commonly known as the truth serum. You sang like a bird (Pg. 121) This proves that he threatens the fairies and bends them to his advantage.

He is obsessed with money and will do anything to get it, by using holly as a hostage, he believes that the fairies will give him 1 tonne of 24 carat gold to get her back, he nearly gets butler killed during a fight with a troll to get it. And still he wants the gold this can only be described as an obsession towards money and wealth.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment