Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Captive

A new breed of bender teams up with a banished Prince to save her old village, but both of them have their own selfish plan. Can this girl and her friends really save the world, and can they make the fire prince turn around? (oc/zuko)(other pairings?) .. goes with my fanart

Chapter 2 - Captive

Chapter 2 - Captive
Banishment an Avatar Story [02]

A parade of girls marching through the forests with packs two times their size and weight. An excellent target for those fool enough to try and rob them. At least, I think thats what that man thought before we lets him use his shin bones to pick at his remaining teeth. You just don't mess with the spirits of the forest. About half a days walk to the port city were Yume and her small shop resides. There, we are greeted by every resident, knowing all 25 total of them. Though, because of the bay, many estranged men have come across our path. In the small tea shacks many have even proposed marriage. Fire-bending soldiers that have been away from the comforts of their flashy, rich lifestyle a bit too long. It always ends up in broken nosed and wrists though. *sigh* Men. Along the way I had explained my vision to the others, but we only pushed it off, considering that it could just as likely be something to happen years from now. We approached the backroads of the city, storm clouds slowly approaching on the horizon. Hoshi knocked on Yume's door awaiting an answer. When nothing came she opened the door and we all let ourselves in. "Yume?" Worry was ringing high in Kasumi's voice. I put my parcel down, near the door and the others followed suit. Usually there was life and working buzzing in the back room of Yume's shop, but the silence was almost deafening. I grabbed my broad swords in my hilt and draped it over my shoulder. "Kira?" Mori's face contorted with confusion as she silently tried to coax my pacing mind. My face was tight with anticipation as I walked slowly to the door of the main room, my eyes not faltering. An eerie squeak whined from the wooden door's rusty hinges, and I pulled my body, quickly and expertly through the tiny space I made. "Now!" A fire bender had shot flames at Yume who was standing a foot in front of me. She let out a terrified scream and her body recoiled, awaiting a terrible burn. I pushed her down below the counter and moved my hands, moving the shadows from my skirt, up around in front of me to block the flames. Shadowbending only works so much with firebending, lasting through only one attack before it is shattered and swallowed by the light of the flame. But that one attack was all I needed. In his moment of astonishment, I took the opportunity to pull out my swords and kick him square in the chest, forcing him on the ground below my figure. I stood on his chest holding the blades across one another and deadly close to his main artery. He shook in fear as he looked up and met my cold-grey stare. Fire came blazing at me from another direction and I looked up, not removing my swords, for it to meet me head on. Before the flames could lick my face, Hoshi stood in front of me redirecting the flames into her bloodstream, fanning her anger. More Firebenders came out and Kasumi and Mori had joined the fight. I hit my captive with the blunt handle of my sword, knocking him unconscious for the time being. I moved on to another man, extremely tall and bulky. I forced my momentum into his stature, but he did not falter and I was slightly thrown back. A slight gasp escaped me as he took me from around my neck, one massive hand stretching all the way across. My body felt numb as I was temporarily unable to breath. "Kira!" One of my friends cried as they fought off their own attackers. I began to struggle after a moment after adrenaline set in. The man laughed and mocked me for my last of brute strength. I scowled down at him and he squeezed tighter. This man deserved to die. I brought my swords up and sliced the quickly across him arm. He dropped me and I landed low on my feet. After a deep breath I stood up and charged, leading my blade through his abdomen. He stumbled back and blood spurted out of his mouth as he coughed. His eyes glazing over and one last gasp before he fell. Everyone had stopped to look at me and the act I had just done. At that point the firebenders dropped their weapons and stood, staring in awe. I stood panting and my body became temporarily numb again with surprise. My hands we held behind my back by my wrists. I dropped my swords, not able to move them. "Now, that wasn't very nice, was it?" A male voice drawled in my ear. My chin rose high in the air as chills spread through my numb body, relieving me of my numbness.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment