Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - "The Amulet!"

 
this starts in the time of book one, then continues into the time of book 2, but it takes a different ending then book 2.

Chapter 1 - "The Amulet!"

Chapter 1 - "The Amulet!"

Nathaniel

You're asleep when there's a knock on your window. You ignore it, but then a rock is thrown through it. You jump up with a start, and look out the smashed window, trying not to cut yourself. A girl with black hair in a bun/ponytail, with three thick strands in her face, is standing outside.
" What? I couldn't waste my time knocking on the window when you obvisiously were ignoring it... but anyways, I heard about Lovelace. Making a fool out of you. Right, am I?" she says, and you nod.
" So, what do you want of Lovelace's stuff? Golem's eye? More mouler glasses than you can shake a stick at? elemental spheres?" she continues. You shake your head at everything.
" Maybe some Inferno sticks? Or.... hmmm... dangerous.... valuable... oh, I've got it! You want the Amulet!" she says. You look quite baffled. She sighs.
" The Amulet?? The Amulet of Samarkand you moron!!" she says. You nod. She climbs into your room. She looks around, hands on her hips, which you now notice are clad in a skin tight black jumpsuit. She turns to you.
" Boy. Where do you summon Afrits, djinn, imps, foloits, marids, and all that?" she asks. You're baffled again. So, taking a good hour to explain it all, you reveal your pentacle. She sighs loudly.
" Well, it'll have to do. Now, summon... oh, yes, that djinn will do the job nicely... bit snappy.... Boy, summon the djinn Bartimaeus" she says. You look at her, then read from a book. Bartimaeus appears in the center of the pentacle. He looks at the girl.
" Well, if it isn't Vanilla Earnheart. Nice to see you again, m'dear" Bartimaeus says to her.
" Same to you, Bartimaeus. Same to you. How long has it been since I summoned you? 10 years? oh, yes. Has anyone but this immbecile summoned you lately?" Vanilla says to the djinn. The djinn nods.
" One woman by the name of Finwood. All she wanted me to do was her house work. What a waste of good djinn talent" Bartimaeus says. Vanilla nods. You look at Vanilla. She sighs.
" Well, give Bartimaeus a charge already. Tell him to get you the Amulet of Samarkand for you" Vanilla says. You nervously tell Bartimaeus.
" Do I get any help? It's not gonna be easy for me to break into Lovelace's place you know" the djinn says. Vanilla smiles warmly.
" I'm your help" she says.

Bartimaeus

" Great" you say, and you and Vanilla leave, to head for Lovelace's home. When you get there, there's a strong nexus around the home. You break the nexus. Before you move much farther, Vanilla stops you.
" Check the seventh plane, Bart" she says. So you check, and there's another nexus. You two get past that one. After a while, you two actually break in. Vanilla disappears for a bit, and when she comes back, she has the Amulet. So you two go back to Nathaniel's room. Upon getting back, Nathaniel takes the Amulet. Vanilla is gone as soon as he does.
_______________
3 YEARS LATER
---------------------------

Vanilla

You're heading towards the government building. You walk slowly. You're going to be an assitant to a magician named John Mandrake, whom you don't know it's the boy you helped 3 years ago. You walk through the door. You walk until you get to Mandrake's office. You open the door and gasp. Mandrake stands. He looks at your black muscle shirt and your black dress pants.
" ...Vanilla Earnheart... Nat... I mean, sir" you say. You look at his skin tight pants.
" Um, sir, maybe you should let your skin breathe, and NOT wear skin tight pants" you add.

_____________
1 month later...
------------------------

Vanilla
-----------

You hand Mandrake papers with information about the Resistance. Mr. Tallow walks in importantly. You step back and take a sip of coffee.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment